ISO-8 Brotherhood Aug 19 - 28

Options

Comments

• tempestuousfury
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Is there just one sub for this round?

Yes this is the change over point. Where I take my 20 tokens and retire for the event.

Sorry, change over point? Can you clarify?
  • Can somebody explain the logic of having a Fury required node during a mission that is about rescuing him? I could see unlocking one when we hit the goal bar but before seems illogical.
  • Sumilea wrote:

Yes this is the change over point. Where I take my 20 tokens and retire for the event.

Prior to this all subevents ended at noon Eastern time US. Now all subevents will end at midnight Eastern US for the remainder of the event.
  • tempestuousfury
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:

Prior to this all subevents ended at noon Eastern time US. Now all subevents will end at midnight Eastern US for the remainder of the event.

Oh. Thanks. Well, fortunately it's not a concern for me. Plus, I won't feel bad anymore if I take top ten in one sub and top 200 in the other. icon_razz.gif
  • Sumilea wrote:

As you may have already noticed, the subs are 24H up to this point, which ensures one side of the globe is consistently screwed. At the Russia sub, the sub is 1D 12H and all future ones are 24H, ensuring the other side of the globe is screwed and the former screwed side gets some relief. I'm not sure of the wisdom of such a move, but there is this general theme of PvE to ensure everyone around the globe has a chance to be screwed for being in the wrong timezone.
  • papa07 wrote:
    Can somebody explain the logic of having a Fury required node during a mission that is about rescuing him? I could see unlocking one when we hit the goal bar but before seems illogical.

You already rescue him by the 2nd or 3rd node according to the story, though I think some of the nodes after you rescued him still says Nick Fury is captured.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This single sub stuff is a nice change for now.....almost like taking a break....

I decided at the beginning of this event to really push myself to see just how high I could get if I timed everything out right and hit every refresh.....what I found out is:
      1) I've been able to maintain 1st or 2nd for most of the tournament so far... 2) I'm tired...very very tired.... 3) Critical tiles and TU tiles look too similar when you are lacking sleep... 4) The dialogue is a bit funnier...again, with lack of sleep... 5) A single Fury yellow isn't worth it, but I've committed myself this far, so I'm not gonna quit now... 6) No one really cares, and that's cool...I just like being part of "the team"... 7) I can't believe I used to think cMags was worthless...now I realize it was
    MY cMags that was worthless... icon_rolleyes.gif
    8) LDaken+HT+OBW is fantastic for goon nodes - almost never take any damage...which I realize isn't good for scaling, but...eh....
    9) Wow - I got up to 9 bullet points....did I mention I'm tired???
    10) I miss real life sometimes... icon_e_biggrin.gif

Off to nap until my alarm wakes me for the next refresh.... icon_lol.gificon_e_smile.gificon_e_confused.gificon_e_sad.gificon_cry.gif
  • Phantron wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    Can somebody explain the logic of having a Fury required node during a mission that is about rescuing him? I could see unlocking one when we hit the goal bar but before seems illogical.

You already rescue him by the 2nd or 3rd node according to the story, though I think some of the nodes after you rescued him still says Nick Fury is captured.

Regardless of Lore consistency I question the validity of having an incredibly rare character be the central part of a 9,5 day event.
  • rbdragon wrote:
    This single sub stuff is a nice change for now.....almost like taking a break....

I decided at the beginning of this event to really push myself to see just how high I could get if I timed everything out right and hit every refresh.....what I found out is:
      1) I've been able to maintain 1st or 2nd for most of the tournament so far... 2) I'm tired...very very tired.... 3) Critical tiles and TU tiles look too similar when you are lacking sleep... 4) The dialogue is a bit funnier...again, with lack of sleep... 5) A single Fury yellow isn't worth it, but I've committed myself this far, so I'm not gonna quit now... 6) No one really cares, and that's cool...I just like being part of "the team"... 7) I can't believe I used to think cMags was worthless...now I realize it was
    MY cMags that was worthless... icon_rolleyes.gif
    8) LDaken+HT+OBW is fantastic for goon nodes - almost never take any damage...which I realize isn't good for scaling, but...eh....
    9) Wow - I got up to 9 bullet points....did I mention I'm tired???
    10) I miss real life sometimes... icon_e_biggrin.gif

Off to nap until my alarm wakes me for the next refresh.... icon_lol.gificon_e_smile.gificon_e_confused.gificon_e_sad.gificon_cry.gif

So I wasn't the only one who suffers from #3.

I've been swapping #1 and #2 with another guy all event. Started out 1K behind in the very first sub due to not having Nick Fury until 1H left and it's a bigger hole than I thought, and #3 is usually within 1 cycle of my points so can't really stop. I'm going for top 2 mostly to be competitive as opposed to Fury worth this kind of effort.

Scaling seems to no longer factor in damage intake. That was more of a mechanism to counter Spiderman prior to true healing. Even Magneto takes plenty of damage against the hard nodes if you can't get Daken in front before any major move fired, and of course they also quickly get to a point where they could kill Daken if you're not careful.

I've been using Daken + Falcon + random on the goon nodes and just try to overpower them with Inspiration before they do damage and hope Redwing picks up the right tiles. If not, Daken can usually take a hit fine. If it's something like Flamethrower then I'd have Magneto or Captain or someone who can deal with CDs for the third as opposed to a random person.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Haven't yet started the new sub but am already 4.6 in front of #2 and 7.6 k in front of #3... looks like it's a yellow fury form me unless I stop playing completely...
    Oh - and every damn token from top 10 or top 2 has been worthless so far... go figure...
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    I have been wondering why the former circus performer (Hawkeye) was the one who realized the labs didn`t have the right equipment for Osborne`s experiment. I think the scientist (Stark), or the man who was helping with the experiments (Magneto) should have noticed right away.
  • PPPlaya wrote:
    I haven't pulled a single 3 Star from any of my ISO8 tokens, so there is that.

Same boat. Wish we had oars...

20+ tokens, and only 2*s is despicable. ='(
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You guys are making me feel pretty good. I'm 1/11 on my fury tokens.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's only been 6 sub's so far? If so then I got about 3/8 golds on tokens. Only cared enough to place high enough for 2 tokens by placement.
  • I've had no luck with the event tokens (11? so far), but I've pulled a Patch yellow, Spidey yellow, and X-Force red in my last 4 standard tokens, so that's nice.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm on the last update (shouldn't have) and I'm having an issue where either AI abilities are 1) firing pre-maturely, 2) the AP count isn't updating correctly, or 3) something else is going on.

I just had a situation where Ares unleashed Onslaught (which was fine) and then Rags (actual opposing team and not a team up) used the green ability right after (not fine) which - according to the AP count I had seen right before, would be impossible. A non-green match had been right before and no goons that auto-collect AP and the count was at 9 green.

I had seen similar before but chalked it up to too many goons auto-collecting too many AP, but this time, there were no goons to explain away the extra AP needed for Rags to use his ability after Ares.

I'm confused.
  • SunCrusher wrote:
    I'm on the last update (shouldn't have) and I'm having an issue where either AI abilities are 1) firing pre-maturely, 2) the AP count isn't updating correctly, or 3) something else is going on.

I just had a situation where Ares unleashed Onslaught (which was fine) and then Rags (actual opposing team and not a team up) used the green ability right after (not fine) which - according to the AP count I had seen right before, would be impossible. A non-green match had been right before and no goons that auto-collect AP and the count was at 9 green.

I had seen similar before but chalked it up to too many goons auto-collecting too many AP, but this time, there were no goons to explain away the extra AP needed for Rags to use his ability after Ares.

I'm confused.

I've never seen a case where AI gets extra AP out of thin air that can't be explained by the display lag in enemy AP.
  • SunCrusher wrote:
    Ares unleashed Onslaught (which was fine) and then Rags (actual opposing team and not a team up) used the green ability right after (not fine) which - according to the AP count I had seen right before, would be impossible. A non-green match had been right before and no goons that auto-collect AP and the count was at 9 green.

Regardless the amount of green they had before, Onslaught exhausts all available green. This exact scenario has happened to me numerous times...

The AI cheats at every opportunity. Many might say it's confirmation bias, but when AI Moonstone can use her purple (which should grab a RANDOM enemy tile) to sift through 20+ tiles (mororo black) and swap the only one that could cause a match 5, or cast Control Shift twice within 3 turns without a major cascade in between, something is awry.

The AI routinely tips its hand that it knows which future tiles will fall by making matches it doesn't need/can't use just to uncover a match 4/5 from on high (with matches it did need readily available), or Rags/Juggs green causing endless cascades nearly every single time they're used.

More evidence of lazy coding, I'd say. Perhaps more confirmation bias?
  • SunCrusher wrote:

I'm confused.
    This happens constantly. Here is one way I am absolutely sure the ai cheats
  • I'm not sure so much that it's cheating, as much as sloppy coding.

You know how when you lose a fight sometimes and the AI fires off multiple abilities long after your dead, dancing on your corpse and laughing? I figure that's because at the start of the turns it counts up it's AP, says "We can cast X, Y, Z", and fires them off, not checking if it still has the AP to do so, or if you're...you know, still alive.

So start of the turn it sees "We have 11 Green AP, we can cast Onslaught (5), and Godlike Power (6). Those abilities will be used."

So it does onslaught, which as a side effect, uses up all of the green AP, but Godlike Power is still queued to cast and a check whether there is still enough AP to fire that ability, is not executed.

It seems like it should be an easy fix. A quick check by the AI that 1) the opponent is still alive (ability spam post death bugs me), and 2) there is still enough AP remaining to legitimately use those abilities.

If this was addressed and patched, there are a number of possible ways that this could result in AI abilities fizzling and not getting cast.

AI views enough AP for Torch's Inferno, and Psylocke's Bewilder. It casts Inferno, depleting 30% of the blue, going under 10 blue...Bewilder doesn't fire.

There's enough Blue for Cmags to do Magnetic Field, and red for Psylocke (5) to fire Psychic Knife (there are 3 red strike tiles out). Mags overwrites 2 friendly red strike tiles with blue protects... Psylocke fails again to fire a skill.