Webslinger - Aug 15 - 17 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    locked wrote:
    But Lazy Storm is much better than Daredevil. I know you like Daredevil since you almost maxed him, but face it, he's hands down the worst 3* icon_razz.gif

Now you're just trying to pick a fight.
    :0 I'm still seeing defensive wins from a 93 daredevil with a Maxed Red. Of course you have to switch him out when seeing Lazy Storm or a person who can tile destroy but it's hard to deny that urge of downing a character in one hit cause of the trap. His purple also allows you to flood the field in most cases if it goes off.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    locked wrote:
    But Lazy Storm is much better than Daredevil. I know you like Daredevil since you almost maxed him, but face it, he's hands down the worst 3* icon_razz.gif

Nope. I just admire your prowess in making Daredevil do something, *anything*, which is more than I can say about mine, sadly.
    :0 I'm still seeing defensive wins from a 93 daredevil with a Maxed Red. Of course you have to switch him out when seeing Lazy Storm or a person who can tile destroy but it's hard to deny that urge of downing a character in one hit cause of the trap. His purple also allows you to flood the field in most cases if it goes off.
    Keyword 'in case/if'.
  • Most f2p players (including myself) do not have a maxed she hulk at this point in time. My moneys on a bloodbath.

And most of those not F2P haven't wasted HP on she-hulk (including me) so will be equally keen on the covers. Plus end of season and a weekend......

Oh and Sumilea I just use Fury for a bit of variety - not difficult to beat provided you avoid demolition so give it a go!

So what better a lvl 270 5 blue Demoliton TU or say I just about won against Mikeydollar7, Thor and that big hammer of his was nearly the end of me....
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Keyword 'in case/if'.
    I only use in case and if because I can't speak for anyone else's experience but I've never had a case where I haven't has his trap activate against an even. Not even against characters like Human Torch and Hulk. In webslinger, I normally kill off at least one character with Daredevil because they are bound to match Reds and god forbid you get lucky like I did a few times yesterday and the AI pulls a match 4 and activates 2 kicks and a radar sense.
  • vudu3 wrote:

I imagine Spidey's protect tiles have to slow things down quite a bit. If he has a couple of them out can Sacrifice + World Rupture even take down a maxed Hulk? I'd hate to see the sea of Anger tiles if you almost-but-not quite down Hulk.

To answer your question... Two protect tiles + Hulks HP/Anger = Bad times. Three protect tiles + anyone/anything = bad times. Three protect tiles + Hulk = retreat while CD tiles are firing and save yourself some time. Regardless of the enemy team (Assuming they're maxed 3* of some sort) 3 protect tiles will kill you. You can get off a rupture and two novas and the enemy team will still be standing.

One protect tile does nothing. You have to be mindful of pink but you can allow one tile or two tiles if the enemy doesn't have Hulk. In speed hopping scenarios someone like Thor or aynone else with significant HP won't matter because you'll have wiped spidey (Probably but who cares) and the other person will have such low health and a very unlikely chance of having AP to do anything.

Of course you have to remember that if the tiles block so much of the dmgs hulks health with be whittled down but won't set off anger. I can't tell you for sure what the exact math is on that though. Will probably stick with good old boring Sentry/Hood because it slows the enemy attacking me and gets me some defensive wins.
  • locked wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    locked wrote:

Nope. I just admire your prowess in making Daredevil do something, *anything*, which is more than I can say about mine, sadly.

Try combining him with Cmags to help set up your shots - especially if you can set up a match-4 red - and you'll find him doing quite a lot, actually.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    locked wrote:
    I just admire your prowess in making Daredevil do something, *anything*, which is more than I can say about mine, sadly.
    Try combining him with Cmags to help set up your shots - especially if you can set up a match-4 red - and you'll find him doing quite a lot, actually.
    Try combining CMags with a sandwich for a victory that is also delicious! Wait, can Bagdevil make the sandwich? Because that actually would make him useful. icon_razz.gif
  • I'm not the biggest fan of the retaliation system. It forces you to constantly fight below your weightclass. If I take down a better team than mine while climbing I'm probably losing more points than I won when he retaliates. And I have to skip all better levelled teams because they sure as hell won't let me have their points. After a climb those retals will be really juicy for them since I am probably 300+ points higher. It's like a rope-pulling contest and the only way to win is to pay for a shield. Outside of that this feature doesn't make much sense.

Right now I have a 80/94/94 retaliation Team sitting in my queue which I will hit up on my climb later. I'm sorry JBreezy. icon_e_sad.gif
  • This pvp event is a mean son of a gun! All due to cheer protect tiles that spidey puts on board... sentry will have a rough time on this pvp and pacthnetos will have a delightful time... using a patch/daken team so i dont have to spend alot of healthpacks and cuz i dont have a max magneto icon_cry.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    I call myself trying to climb to 900 but I guess I won't. Shielded until the end because I'm expecting to get hit hard in simulator tomorrow.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    They overlap in all 3 colours, and bringing Mags just to make Daredevil viable is a sad proposition, imo icon_lol.gif
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I only use in case and if because I can't speak for anyone else's experience but I've never had a case where I haven't has his trap activate against an even. Not even against characters like Human Torch and Hulk. In webslinger, I normally kill off at least one character with Daredevil because they are bound to match Reds and god forbid you get lucky like I did a few times yesterday and the AI pulls a match 4 and activates 2 kicks and a radar sense.
    Lucky you, all I can say.
  • locked wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    They overlap in all 3 colours, and bringing Mags just to make Daredevil viable is a sad proposition, imo icon_lol.gif

You stop thinking that when you start one-shotting 100+ level Juggernauts.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Juggernaut has Unstoppable Crash which makes Ambush that much sadder.
  • locked wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Juggernaut has Unstoppable Crash which makes Ambush that much sadder.

I've actually never had an unstoppable crash destroy an ambush. Mainly because Juggernaut almost always triggers ambush immediately after I place it.
  • Welp, shielded at 875. Would've been 914, but the Hulk/Sentry/Spidey dude I hit for over 120 points in 3-in-a-row battles (how does this matchmaking work anyway?) switched his Hulk up for Hood. After a really long battle, I missed the fact that his Star Spangled Avenger team up countdown was about to go off, giving him enough red for a Supernova which wiped out my Spidey and BP (who had a Rage of the Panther ready and waiting for opportune moment), leaving Patch by himself and not enough red for a Best There Is. And no friendly protect tiles left. Then *his* spidey proceeded to heal himself and Sentry to 100%.

And to think, I laughed when that Team Up was launched, dealing a total of 600 damage....

Fun fight though, Shaz-something (should've written down your name when I had the chance.) Sorry if you weren't shielded for the first 3 fights!

Edit: Oh it is the last PVP of the season, isn't it... Well at #78 with 8 hours remaining, hopefully won't be bumped out of top 100.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shielded for the duration, hit me if I'm worth juicy points to you.

Nice shake up for the end of the season, having to make sure Spidey doesn't get more than one purple match in addition to getting green and yellow was interesting lol.
  • Bowgentle wrote:

Nice shake up for the end of the season, having to make sure Spidey doesn't get more than one purple match in addition to getting green and yellow was interesting lol.

Yeah, been grumbling over this one.

One high level Spidey defense tile will mostly block out early Daken strikes, which forces reliance on Sacrifice. As you mention, two pretty much freezes the board completely, which will cause a fight to drag on long enough to expose oneself for far too long. I wonder if scores will reach as high this time around as a result of Spidey interference on WR.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Yeah, been grumbling over this one.

One high level Spidey defense tile will mostly block out early Daken strikes, which forces reliance on Sacrifice. As you mention, two pretty much freezes the board completely, which will cause a fight to drag on long enough to expose oneself for far too long. I wonder if scores will reach as high this time around as a result of Spidey interference on WR.

One the other hand, having a spidey on each side is great for Patch, since it means less blank purple tiles. And even if a few are there, your own shields will mitigate the cost of the strike tiles icon_e_smile.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I'm done except if I can find a super easy match in the last five minutes to get me over 900.

Or someone could be super friendly and throw me the whole 7 points I need icon_lol.gif