Team-Up Feedback and Changes

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Dear D3/Demiurge,

1. HOW ABOUT SOME TINYKITTY IN-GAME INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO IMPLEMENT YOUR STUPID NEW "ON PATROL" FEATURE????

2. What happened to the in-game pop up that posted news and upcoming events?
  • I don't like this reduction of AI team ups from 3 to 1, really nerfs the defenders (especially ones with Storm.)

And I don't see the problem of AI using Sentry or Juggernaut abilities - pretty sure Headbut anyway since I've never seen it in a teamup (same with Sacrifice.)
  • After the battle ends, ask us if we want to keep that team-up or immediately discard it. It takes too long to clean up my TU cache. Some streamlining would be nice.

Please "remember" TU's in the selection screen. And "forget" boosts.
  • Hi,
    What about the possibility to send teammates one of your own characters, so that they could use it like an own Hero?
  • Three teamups to send is really low. There are often 20 people in alliance.
    Also the cost to get character back is really high. Especially when you cant even select what ability you are sending!
    And it is really annoiyng that they take so much space from chat!
    And the timers of sent characters dont work as they should.
    Oh, and the selected team ups should stay (just like boosts) if you dont use them.
    And it would be good that you could see at least the cost and damage somehow when you are selecting them.
  • Miaomew wrote:
    Three teamups to send is really low. There are often 20 people in alliance.
    Also the cost to get character back is really high. Especially when you cant even select what ability you are sending!
    Oh, and the selected team ups should stay (just like boosts) if you dont use them.
    And it would be good that you could see at least the cost and damage somehow when you are selecting them.

Totally agree
  • siebenvier wrote:
    Miaomew wrote:
    Three teamups to send is really low. There are often 20 people in alliance.

Totally agree

you and it seems a good percentage of the forum goers.
  • Does anybody know how to request/send help to other alliance members?
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wally21 wrote:
    Does anybody know how to request/send help to other alliance members?
    when you go into the alliance tab, where peeps can post a comment there should be a big yellow thing saying such and such requested help, click on that and it brings up your characters which you can send off
  • kalirion wrote:
    I don't like this reduction of AI team ups from 3 to 1, really nerfs the defenders (especially ones with Storm.)

And I don't see the problem of AI using Sentry or Juggernaut abilities - pretty sure Headbut anyway since I've never seen it in a teamup (same with Sacrifice.)

Is this really a complaint? Not getting hit by numerous Sentry abilities in a row even when the AI clearly hasn't gathered that much TU is bad?? You must not play a lot is all I can assume...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kelrov wrote:
    - i want that equipped tus are remembered like boosts (takes too much time to equip before each fight)

It should be exactly the other way around. Now that boosts don't drop, wasting one because it's still set from the previous fight and I mindlessly clicked through the pre-battle screen is a big freaking deal. Meanwhile, letting a team-up ride doesn't cost me anything.
  • kelrov wrote:
    Two points to make it halfway usable:
    - i want to decline unwanted tu after a victory (**** tu filling my space)
    - i want that equipped tus are remembered like boosts (takes too much time to equip before each fight)

maybe also an option to sell a won cover immediately after recieving it as an reward from a won game.
  • Simplest way to make Team-Ups awesome?
    REMOVE THEM FROM THE GAME.
    Thanks.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now TU's have been around for awhile - I only ever send them because folks accidentally hit the "request" button, the same color/size/position as the "fight" button. The 1*'s are useful again - I can send them every four hours, unfortunately they request five and I can only send three.

We aren't organized to the effect of "US going to bed, sending EU good TU's!"...but I can't imagine ever wanting to send them, and no one has requested any. Just sitting there as an annoyance feature: taking up chat space, forgetting to equip them for the rare times you get enough white AP, having to re-equip each time, for the opponents to do more random damage that you didn't expect, making it harder to get to the boosts, apparently taking away boost drops...so much annoyance! Not offset with fun.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What they should have done with teams up is make them like actual team ups. Think of Fury's avengers assemble, that's how team ups should have been, and who they could team up with is based on their place so to speak, like support characters could team up with almost everyone and would have more synergy with certain characters(Falcon does more with yellow matches with cap for example) and people like patch, daken and sentry would have almost no team ups with anyone(though....patch with colossus would be awesome). like you get an ability added if you can team up with that character, and it would have required AP in two colors to use and would consume said AP. this would have not taken away the environments(which had strategic value depending on which one you were on) and would have actually encouraged experimentation when it comes to rosters cause everyone would do all sorts of combos just to see what the best teams ups would be.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sorcered wrote:
    Simplest way to make Team-Ups awesome?
    Thanks.

Seconded. I'll take the old environment tiles (that actually added something unique to all the arenas) over the train wreck that are Team-Ups.
    The idea behind environment tiles was just fine. Only the abilities needed balancing.

But ofcourse; environment tiles don't have an on-patrol feature that add value specifically to being in an alliance. And being in an alliance has a psychological effect that makes people committed to play, raising player retention. And raising player retention even if players become frustrated? Well, that raises the odds of frustation being broken by an HP sale or two for health packs, boosts, shields, etc....
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    sorcered wrote:
    Thanks.

Seconded. I'll take the old environment tiles (that actually added something unique to all the arenas) over the train wreck that are Team-Ups.
    The idea behind environment tiles was just fine. Only the abilities needed balancing

How did environment tiles do anything except be annoying? Seriously, they did no damage, the abilities were overpriced and in most cases pretty useless.

You say the old abilities needed balancing, how could they do that? Remember that the same environment tiles were used for Level 1 1* characters as they are for max level 3* characters. If you like really liked the Health boost that Hot Dog Stand offered, equip Web Bandages, Medical Marvel, or Anti-Gravity Device. Nearly every Environment Ability has an equivalent Team-Up that works better.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    _RiO_ wrote:
    sorcered wrote:
    Thanks.

The idea behind environment tiles was just fine. Only the abilities needed balancing

How did environment tiles do anything except be annoying? Seriously, they did no damage, the abilities were overpriced and in most cases pretty useless.

You say the old abilities needed balancing, how could they do that? Remember that the same environment tiles were used for Level 1 1* characters as they are for max level 3* characters. If you like really liked the Health boost that Hot Dog Stand offered, equip Web Bandages, Medical Marvel, or Anti-Gravity Device. Nearly every Environment Ability has an equivalent Team-Up that works better.

Enviornmental tiles were very useful in some maps:

Desert (spawned green tiles)
    Forest (gave 5 AP for every color or when AP was filled up, spawned a bunch of Red tiles)
    Icy-mountain map (turned all red tiles into blue when AP was filled up).
    MikeHock wrote:
    PmdRTuws.jpg

3cGWsIDs.jpg
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    Enviornmental tiles were very useful in some maps:

Desert (spawned green tiles)
    Forest (gave 5 AP for every color or when AP was filled up, spawned a bunch of Red tiles)
    Icy-mountain map (turned all red tiles into blue when AP was filled up).
    MikeHock wrote:
    PmdRTuws.jpg

3cGWsIDs.jpg

M.Mags purple spawns blue, which I know isn't the same as all Red turning Blue, but in some cases can be more useful.
    Grey Widow, Thor, & Rags spawn green, Widow's being the best.

Thorned Rose from the Forest was the only one that doesn't come quite close to an alternative. Though Radar Sense, Recharge, or Aggressive Recon offer similar AP generation. Cap & L.Cap work well for generating Red or Blue AP, ignoring their primary functions, if you can protect them for a few turns a huge chunk of AP!

If you really want some of those old environmental abilities back, perhaps a new character can include such abilities, and then you can get them as a team up. Or perhaps a new character ability that actually changes based on the environment? Though that would probably require two abilities, one for each of the two that existed previously, though how to balance the AP cost for such a move?