13»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    CatMan wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Nellyson wrote:
    So I see that one of the Team Up powers is Chemical Reaction with Daken Dark Avengers model...but I'm still not seeing that power in his cover set? Is it supposed to be out with this patch or the next?
    That's in there since it was supposed to be out when we brought out Daken's third ability (and attendant ability changes). The community took that..... poorly, so it went back to the considerations board. The ability itself is done in-code though, so it's on that list.
    Any idea one way or the other if it will still happen? As a 2 star player I was super looking forward to the change to 2 star daken.
    Nothing to report there yet. The general idea is that the third ability would balance out the nerf some and that the nerf itself is justified (for the 2* and 3* version) by the fact that Daken's abilities are OP, especially on high level AI. The opposite side of that is that despite this, Daken is heavily underutilized by both 2* and 3* level players. So if you nerf him further and he's already underused, who does that really help? Hence, it's back on the board for consideration.

If they are underutilized, why the nerf to begin with?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    The opposite side of that is that despite this, Daken is heavily underutilized by both 2* and 3* level players.
    Are you playing the same game as the rest of us? icon_e_wink.gif
    I think 85% of the players going to 1000+ each PVP are running UDaken, and about 95% of the ones going to 1100+.
    And 100% of the X-Men icon_lol.gif

I'm sure compared to the general player base, Daken is underutilized, but in high level PVP he's definitely T5.

Also, his apparent underutilization might have something to do with his covers being somewhat hard to get icon_e_wink.gif

That's the only conclusion I can reach on how they are reaching their observation about Daken.

I can't fathom playing matches without LDaken anymore, when available. He is simply too good in almost all aspects, as mentioned by others in the thread. His strike tiles at 5 Purple, for free, by a green match on either side, are just outright overpowered (hence the previously intended nerf). Achieving 500+ in free strike tiles while collecting Green AP for any number of Green users is almost a certainty in every single match. And that doesn't even count the "get out of jail free" card that is Chemical Reaction.

Combined with Torch, as noted by Papa07, who covers Black and Green for him, ludicrous amounts of damage ensues. (attack tiles + Flame Jet) + (player action for that turn) + (attack tiles + Inferno) every round is just mindboggling how much damage can be inflicted each turn to an opponent.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    The opposite side of that is that despite this, Daken is heavily underutilized by both 2* and 3* level players.
    Are you playing the same game as the rest of us? icon_e_wink.gif
    I think 85% of the players going to 1000+ each PVP are running UDaken, and about 95% of the ones going to 1100+.
    And 100% of the X-Men icon_lol.gif

I'm sure compared to the general player base, Daken is underutilized, but in high level PVP he's definitely T5.

Also, his apparent underutilization might have something to do with his covers being somewhat hard to get icon_e_wink.gif

Are you reading the same post as the rest of us? icon_e_wink.gif

He clearly said they know Daken is OP. Which is why the nerf is planned.

Gee, taking quotes out of context to get some laughs is fun.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    re: HT Inferno

OK, so I had to fight the AI with this one, it sucks. Because they get to use their TU points to cast it, with their banked 9 Green when it's cast.

So instead of wasting the 7 (?) green HT normally uses to cast it, they get to use 0. Then it gets to last 9 turns, whereas if HT had been in the battle, it would have been 2 turns.

In other words, casting it with TU is more powerful than if he had been in the game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    fnedude wrote:
    re: HT Inferno

OK, so I had to fight the AI with this one, it sucks. Because they get to use their TU points to cast it, with their banked 9 Green when it's cast.

So instead of wasting the 7 (?) green HT normally uses to cast it, they get to use 0. Then it gets to last 9 turns, whereas if HT had been in the battle, it would have been 2 turns.

In other words, casting it with TU is more powerful than if he had been in the game.

Ouch. And you can't get rid of it by killing HT, because HT isn't there. Double ouch.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wouldn't it be easier to list the (non-passive) powers you CAN'T get?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:

Human Torch (Johnny Storm), Thor (Modern), and Storm (Mohawk) currently don't give out any Team Up powers. I filed it as a bug.
    Passive powers aren't Team Up powers. Self-damaging or self-stunning powers aren't Team Up powers.

The list you're asking for is ....
    Force Bubbles
    Grant Invisibility
    Best There Is

IW is an odd case, since Force Field Crush is pretty much useless if you're not fighting against IW.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:

Human Torch (Johnny Storm), Thor (Modern), and Storm (Mohawk) currently don't give out any Team Up powers. I filed it as a bug.
    Passive powers aren't Team Up powers. Self-damaging or self-stunning powers aren't Team Up powers.

The list you're asking for is ....
    Force Bubbles
    Grant Invisibility
    Best There Is

IW is an odd case, since Force Field Crush is pretty much useless if you're not fighting against IW.
    Huh wierd, I have a thor modern call the storm I was saving
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've got a 2* Fireball now too. Fixed?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pmorcs wrote:
    I've got a 2* Fireball now too. Fixed?

I got one, too. I suppose the official list can't be considered official any more.
  • In case this list is still being updated, I got a Devil Dinosaur TU in the Simulator PvE

UCokSmt.png
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hazychance wrote:
    In case this list is still being updated, I got a Devil Dinosaur TU in the Simulator PvE

UCokSmt.png

Why stop at ONE ?

oRTnYh2.png?2
  • I faced AI that used "Rage of the Panther" without giving up "5 tiles in the enemy team's strongest color". Kicker is when I used RotP team-up, I am sure that GAVE +5 to the opponent. Bug or intentional?