Cage Match - July 30 - Aug 1 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Jjosh wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    I ran BP, and GSBW with Patch. I used GSBW purple to turn all the purple tiles green and hit a level 5, Berserker rage

You, sir, are an inspiration to evil geniuses everywhere

I did that in the LRs (Patch/GSBW) a couple of times. It was glorious icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm running UDaken/BP and it's glorious. BP is covered on everything but blue by team claw.

Finally a PVP where I need absolutely _nothing_ so I'll see what I'll do.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Jjosh wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    I ran BP, and GSBW with Patch. I used GSBW purple to turn all the purple tiles green and hit a level 5, Berserker rage

You, sir, are an inspiration to evil geniuses everywhere

I did that in the LRs (Patch/GSBW) a couple of times. It was glorious icon_e_biggrin.gif

It's even more fun to run Patch with Loki - why get rid of purple, when you can make it work for you? Though GSBW is better in the case where there isn't enough green around to match / use (and more HP).
  • HairyDave
    Options
    But that means running an unbuffed Loki...

1320397225_No_thanks_gag.jpg
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    But that means running an unbuffed Loki...

1320397225_No_thanks_gag.jpg

It would also mean using 12 black for Loki instead of 12 black for BP.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    It would also mean using 12 black for Loki instead of 12 black for BP.
    That's an even better point.

Black Patchneto is all kinds of awesome broken. 9 Green + 12 Black = everything dead icon_e_biggrin.gif If they're not, Mag Projectiles sort out the survivors pretty quick.
  • I am just going with the cookie cutter Cmags (553), Sentry (355) and Patch (535). I wonder why I havent gotten any retaliations or attacks yet... icon_e_biggrin.gif

Funny thing is, Sentry doesn't tank anything, Cmags only tanks blue. So 5 in Patch yellow heals up anything below 600 sometething damage, and I am free to use sentry yellow if I want some more fun (e.g. bit short on red for mags)
  • HairyDave
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    What is this health pack for Patch concept you speak of? Clawguy has no need for your puny medicine!
    Right up to the point he gets Fireballed (thanks Team Up!), Berserk Raged, Molotoved and Magnetic Translocated in one turn. I could put what was left in a bucket icon_eek.gif
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    What is this health pack for Patch concept you speak of? Clawguy has no need for your puny medicine!
    Right up to the point he gets Fireballed (thanks Team Up!), Berserk Raged, Molotoved and Magnetic Translocated in one turn. I could put what was left in a bucket icon_eek.gif

If you need to conserve health packs though, you can just go enter a goon fight in prologue. Patch will take care of himself.
  • If you need to conserve health packs though, you can just go enter a goon fight in prologue. Patch will take care of himself.

Impossible! They removed prologue healing icon_lol.gif
  • HairyDave wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:

I nearly wiped against a low level team with CStorm, level 115(post-buff) Patch and some other level 94-100 I forget.

After I took out Storm, their patch pulled of a BR - which wasn't particularly scary in itself due to low level, but then proceeded to get 5 5-matches in a row on the same turn! Only my Sentry was left standing with 200-300 health - and barely survived the fight due to a level 90 Web Bandages TU I only had so that I might get rid of it if the opportunity presented itself.

But even if downed, Patch still doesn't need a Healthpack unless you're really pressed for time, since he has a relatively short recovery rate. Just wait for him to get back up, and take a trip to prologue healing.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    VUDU I see you are in my Cage Match bracket, I will try and keep up!!!
    Where are you?

I don't even need Thor covers but I feel that I have to rank high in this PVP as a matter of principle. icon_lol.gif
  • wymtime
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Where are you?

I don't even need Thor covers but I feel that I have to rank high in this PVP as a matter of principle. icon_lol.gif

I dropped out of top 10 and fell to around 20 becuase I went into the PVE. Deadpool is going to be a really strong character with his Red and Pruple.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Where are you?

Gotta admit I was a little saddened/disappointed to check top 10 and not find Ace of Blades there. Church of Patch has some work to do icon_e_wink.gif

edit: since I'm still the most recent post I'll just edit this one .
    Managed 200 points on my little shield hop, even got hit once for almost 50. Shielded for the duration at 1117, so fire away if you see me.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Didn't intend to do much in this event, but made it to 1130 without attacks - so thank you all icon_e_smile.gif

Shielded through to the end so hit me if you got me!
  • mohio wrote:
    Gotta admit I was a little saddened/disappointed to check top 10 and not find Ace of Blades there. Church of Patch has some work to do icon_e_wink.gif

edit: since I'm still the most recent post I'll just edit this one .
    Managed 200 points on my little shield hop, even got hit once for almost 50. Shielded for the duration at 1117, so fire away if you see me.

Oh so no longer skipping you when I will see you next time if youre saying we need more points icon_e_wink.gif Anyway was farming X-Mens and 5D(T) iirc and got 1030 points without attacks so Im shielded atm, feel free to hit me.
  • Kiera13
    Kiera13 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm shielded out at 1035... That was ridiculously easy this time. Hit me if you find me! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am shielded if you see me hit me. In game name is bean.
  • wymtime
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Where are you?

Nice job being #1 in the bracket. I had to shield at 10 because of a lack of health.
  • I just wiped against a 40+ value, while sitting just under 1200, because the AI decided it would be funny to TU me a full fledged Windstorm.

Oh yes, we both had a good chuckle at that tinykitty, didn't we AI? I haven't seen you in such good spirits since the pre-Rag-nerf days.

I'm laughing so hard, my wallet is closing even tighter than my sphincter.