I see you ICEIX. answering a few questions?

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    What solution would you suggest for stopping other players attacking you, sunshine?

How about capping the amount of times a player can be attacked per...oh I dunno, let's start with per minute and see where that goes.

So lets say you have me lined up in your queue, and i'm worth a decent amount of points. You click on me to fight snd it says "nah, dude's been attacked enough lately. Wait longer." Is that good? Or should it delete me from your queue if i have been hit too much - even if you've been saving me as a soft, point-heavy target?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    How about capping the amount of times a player can be attacked per...oh I dunno, let's start with per minute and see where that goes.
    That's probably unfeasible with how queuing works, but maybe they could implement something similar on the server-side by implementing some sort of diminishing returns on point losses after a certain point, or using mini-shields if you get hit X times in Y minutes

Now we're talking. I just threw an idea out that could be built upon and it's already seeming more viable. We already see point returns being different than what they were going in, this would be a good start to coming out of a single match and losing 100+ points because you were attacked 6 times

I do like this one better, but it may mean that toward the end everyone has difficulties finding higher point matches... Moreso than now, even.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    What solution would you suggest for stopping other players attacking you, sunshine?

So lets say you have me lined up in your queue, and i'm worth a decent amount of points. You click on me to fight snd it says "nah, dude's been attacked enough lately. Wait longer." Is that good? Or should it delete me from your queue if i have been hit too much - even if you've been saving me as a soft, point-heavy target?
    They don't have to make points a zero sum game. They already have a different amount between the loss and gains below, I want to say 500 points?
  • Rockabilly Zombie
    Rockabilly Zombie Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    Anything being done about losing 100+ points while in a pvp match?

It was a simple and honest question. I don't know how all the behind the scenes technical stuff works. No need to try and be the cool guy with the smart response.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    Anything being done about losing 100+ points while in a pvp match?

It was a simple and honest question. I don't know how all the behind the scenes technical stuff works. No need to try and be the cool guy with the smart response.

I gotta apologise here. It's been a long...eh. Nah, no excuse. I was a bit pissy, and probably wouldn't have sounded so if I'd left off the "sunshine" at the end. Sorry about that mate.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So ice,
    Deadpool is coming next.
    We has an x-men coming at some point.
    We are getting hints maybe a GotG character. A strong demand for our favorite raccoon. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13240

Can you make any comments on that? Are we still getting an x-men character? Is rocket raccoon a possibility? Always love to hear anything you can give away about upcoming characters.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Oddly, we actually had to flip our character release priority around a little recently because we were otherwise going to have *too many* X-Men out in a row. Remember, Deadpool qualifies as one (but isn't the one I was referring to). So yeah, more X-Men incoming. icon_e_smile.gif

GotG characters are always a possibility, especially with the movie coming. I dunno if we'd go the Rocket Raccoon or Star-Lord route first though, too predictable. Certainly not out of the question however.
    Hmm, other hints or teases? We just did a shift of a couple characters to align with some other Marvel media coming out too which wasn't really possible before breaking out of just Dark Reign.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Oddly, we actually had to flip our character release priority around a little recently because we were otherwise going to have *too many* X-Men out in a row. Remember, Deadpool qualifies as one (but isn't the one I was referring to). So yeah, more X-Men incoming. icon_e_smile.gif

GotG characters are always a possibility, especially with the movie coming. I dunno if we'd go the Rocket Raccoon or Star-Lord route first though, too predictable. Certainly not out of the question however.
    Hmm, other hints or teases? We just did a shift of a couple characters to align with some other Marvel media coming out too which wasn't really possible before breaking out of just Dark Reign.

I sense 1* Ant-Man coming. With one of his powers being that he turns into 4* Giant-Man during the battle.

And as a passive, he could kind of be an **** towards any female characters on your roster.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Hmm, other hints or teases? We just did a shift of a couple characters to align with some other Marvel media coming out too which wasn't really possible before breaking out of just Dark Reign

OK all you marvel knowledge filled individuals out there. Speculate on this please.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

Ice, I believe the rest of the forumites will support me when I say- please do the obvious. We want our raccoon!
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Hmm, other hints or teases? We just did a shift of a couple characters to align with some other Marvel media coming out too which wasn't really possible before breaking out of just Dark Reign

OK all you marvel knowledge filled individuals out there. Speculate on this please.

My fear is that it means Lady Thor, Captain Falcon, and the Ironman sponsored by Apple.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

My fear is that it means Lady Thor, Captain Falcon, and the Ironman sponsored by Apple.

I wouldn't suspect t this is the case. I suppose we can't rule out anything though.

Edit : ice just ruled it out
  • Unknown
    Options
    Some1 at X-men just had an excellent suggestion and I hope he is correct. Marvel Axis has Carnage and a few other awesome villains. Would be pretty cool if they did something from that.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/5/21 ... first_look
  • IceIX
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Just to head those off at the pass, none of those are on the current list. It's possible that we could pull them as variants of current characters like Torch and Storm which would fit them in but I'm not sure that any of those three outside Iron Man possibly would be good power set fits. I'm pretty sure Marvel's planning something more grand for the new Thor and Falcon's abilities than just being the same as their progenitors. Iron Man and Repulsor Blasts/micro missiles are kind of his thing though.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am going to tend a little more conversatively. I don't think we are going to see anything particularly new from the comics or the guardians of the galaxy, yet or possibly for quite a while.

I think we are going to get more (than one) X-Men, Norman Osborn in some variation, the remainder of the FF, other mainstream Avengers that have been missed eg. Ant-Man, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, as well as random universe characters.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    Ironman sponsored by Apple.

A picture

It would be funny to see IM40 skinned that way for anyone on an iPhone. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:

A picture

It would be funny to see IM40 skinned that way for anyone on an iPhone. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    If we're going that route, I'd prefer the more Tron styled armor
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    TazFTW wrote:

A picture

If we're going that route, I'd prefer the more Tron styled armor

Even better if he had a light cycle.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please God, no more Ironman armors for a long while. On the topic of what marvel has lined up, there's AXIS, Spider-Verse (We need more webtile characters), Avengers 2 (which brings Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Ultron), Ant Man, Doctor Strange, and the Netflix series lined up (Jessica Drew, Iron Fist, Luke Cage). That's all I can think of of the top of my head over the next year.

Oh, Deathlok is getting his own ongoing after his reintroduction in Agents of Shield so he may be worth a mention.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No more iron mans? There are only 2 of them, a 1* and a 3*. People have been saying how silly it was that there wasn't an iron patriot since the game launched