Options

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    babinro wrote:
    Muspel wrote:
    Who else is excited to team up with Bullseye for that black power?!

On a more serious note, though, this sounds really cool, and I'm looking forward to it.

I was talking about this with my alliance. Assuming team-up tiles work like enviro tiles than bullseyes black power will break the game. I have to assume D3 has thought of this or the mechanic is limited in some way but I'll spell it out in full just in case this is an oversight.

- Critical tiles matched with a enviro tile typically nets you about 45ish AP.
    - This translates to 2 or more castings of most powers
    - If team-up tiles work the same way then expect the following....

1) Establish enough teamup to use bullseye black
    2) Use the power to create 2 crit tiles and match team up for multiple re-castings of that skill
    3) Continually cast the skill in this manor creating a near infinite lockdown of crazy damage much like Mags blue but even more reliable.
    4) Everyone complains on the forums because this was a gross oversight and it ruins the game

So yeah...don't let this happen. Assuming it's even possible to begin with.

What if each ability costs 4-5 times as many team-up tiles as it would normally. This would balance each power respectively based on the already established AP costs. The other thing to consider is how passive abilities would work if at all.

I don't think you are going to use passive abilities. From the video it looks like you choose your team up power before you match. During the match team up tiles will be 1AP. I imagine the Power you choose will determine the AP required for the team up. So WR would cost 7 AP while call of the storm would cost 14. Defense will also be able to use the team up power so I wonder if defense will use the same power or something different. If it is the same power I might choose sniper rifle just so it takes 19 AP to fire while I match everything else. I think it would be cool if you could choose any power that your alliance has. This way a 2* member can score more points during PVP by using the team up.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No more Dark Reign?

Time to go cosmic.

Ga4DnIR.jpg
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    babinro wrote:
    Muspel wrote:

On a more serious note, though, this sounds really cool, and I'm looking forward to it.

I was talking about this with my alliance. Assuming team-up tiles work like enviro tiles than bullseyes black power will break the game. I have to assume D3 has thought of this or the mechanic is limited in some way but I'll spell it out in full just in case this is an oversight.

2) Use the power to create 2 crit tiles and match team up for multiple re-castings of that skill
    3) Continually cast the skill in this manor creating a near infinite lockdown of crazy damage much like Mags blue but even more reliable.
    4) Everyone complains on the forums because this was a gross oversight and it ruins the game

What if each ability costs 4-5 times as many team-up tiles as it would normally. This would balance each power respectively based on the already established AP costs. The other thing to consider is how passive abilities would work if at all.

Fairly sure from the scaling of BP's power, it will be 1AP per tile. And if they thought for even 5 minutes, enviro crits are probably out too
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    No more Dark Reign?

Time to go cosmic.

Ga4DnIR.jpg

This message approved by ...well..... me!
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    No more Dark Reign?

Time to go cosmic.

Ga4DnIR.jpg
    I didn't realize how much I want this to happen until you posted this. OMG please can we make this happen? And as you can tell from my sig, I want Silver Surfer in this game more than just about anything, Thanos probably being #2 on the list.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Silver Surfer will be the first 5*
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Followed by Galactus, then by Franklin Richards. In that order, as it should be.
    Bonus points if you have a clue what I mean by this.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Followed by Galactus, then by Franklin Richards. In that order, as it should be.
    Bonus points if you have a clue what I mean by this.
    Might as well just have all of Power Pack at that point. They could all be one cover, you know, because they're small. icon_razz.gif
    And Deadpool is either going to be a joke character, totally overpowered, or a totally overpowered joke character. One of his powers will be healing factor, and one will be gratuitously fourth-wall breaking. Because Deadpool.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:

Fairly sure from the scaling of BP's power, it will be 1AP per tile. And if they thought for even 5 minutes, enviro crits are probably out too

So It looks like team up crits are a go then! icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    As long as 4* characters are currently neither useful nor really powerful, I don't see the point of making 5* for the time being. icon_e_smile.gif
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    babinro wrote:
    Muspel wrote:

Didn't Lakestone say it was going to be a "single use ability"? Also that not ALL powers will be available, just most.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wait wait wait. what if you bring bullseye and set his black to teamup, can we use both back to back for instanity damage?

And yes if the teamups are consumables then overpowered ones make a single match overpowered, which isn't really that broken.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait wait wait. what if you bring bullseye and set his black to teamup, can we use both back to back for instanity damage?

And yes if the teamups are consumables then overpowered ones make a single match overpowered, which isn't really that broken.
    That's what they said about restricting the AP all to HP purchases icon_cry.gif
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    DEADPOOL IS COMING + TEAM-UP FEATURE + FUTURE OF DARK REIGN
    12. Nobody likes it when you type in all caps. Just sayin’.

Anyways...

Interesting and creative new changes!
    Finally creating a character the playerbase has been asking for instead of random c-listers and pointless clones!
    Fun video with Jimmy's First Voice Acting Gig!

All very positive things, although frankly I'd trade all of it for some comments about the deliberate process of making this game as unappealing to veterans as possible
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Puritas wrote:
    LakeStone wrote:
    DEADPOOL IS COMING + TEAM-UP FEATURE + FUTURE OF DARK REIGN
    12. Nobody likes it when you type in all caps. Just sayin’.

Anyways...

Interesting and creative new changes!
    Finally creating a character the playerbase has been asking for instead of random c-listers and pointless clones!
    Fun video with Jimmy's First Voice Acting Gig!

All very positive things, although frankly I'd trade all of it for some comments about the deliberate process of making this game as unappealing to veterans as possible
    Bite your tongue. Carol Danvers Cpt. Marvel is at the minimum a solid B tier hero. DP is functionally a C tier, but hes so LOLRANDOMeme popular. icon_razz.gif
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    OTERSEY wrote:
    LakeStone wrote:
    - And finally, the Dark Reign subtitle of the game has been removed as the game in the coming months will be branching into other realms in the Marvel Universe.

So no Utopia, Dark X-Men, Siege and Cabal conclusion storyline? Sad. And what will happen with all previous episodes? You finally add them to Prologue?
    At the pace they were going, it would have been a LONG time before we even reached that point. We barely touched on any of the broader scope of Dark Reign with the mediocre storytelling and replays of previous events. We are still missing two characters who form the Cabal to begin with. God forbid we actually reached a story in where the Cabal start self-destructing and plotting against each other.

There's the real problem; it's not the story universe/arc/whatever that's been limiting, it's the pace of new story release that has choked things. Opening up "new branches of the Marvel Universe" is meaningless if we continue to only get 1 episode of new content per month (or even less frequently).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dreylin wrote:
    OTERSEY wrote:
    LakeStone wrote:
    - And finally, the Dark Reign subtitle of the game has been removed as the game in the coming months will be branching into other realms in the Marvel Universe.

So no Utopia, Dark X-Men, Siege and Cabal conclusion storyline? Sad. And what will happen with all previous episodes? You finally add them to Prologue?
    At the pace they were going, it would have been a LONG time before we even reached that point. We barely touched on any of the broader scope of Dark Reign with the mediocre storytelling and replays of previous events. We are still missing two characters who form the Cabal to begin with. God forbid we actually reached a story in where the Cabal start self-destructing and plotting against each other.

There's the real problem; it's not the story universe/arc/whatever that's been limiting, it's the pace of new story release that has choked things. Opening up "new branches of the Marvel Universe" is meaningless if we continue to only get 1 episode of new content per month (or even less frequently).

Even 1 new episode per month would be a drastic improvement! Their pace is something more like 1 episode every 2 months. I mean the game's been going for what? 10 months? 5 episodes or so? And we've seen each of those probably 3 or 4 times, at least, I'd bet. At 1 per month we'd have 10 episodes now. Can you imagine?
    They have NO time for new content that people WANT (eg, new episodes). Only time for new content that generates $$$ (eg, new characters every week)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    For people curious about team-ups, there is a slight preview at around the 30 second mark of the trailer.

It seems like you equip a team-up ability at the same time you select boosts. I assume what's shown is that each team costs 5AP, but it's not particularly clear....it could be like boosts in that you have a limited amount of them and there were 5 left. *shrug*

(Also...not sure how I feel about the ALL CAPS threads...)

In the video, it looked like the new team up feature replaced environment tiles. The team up button was in the place of the environment attacks and there were no environment tiles on the board. If that is the case, Storm could be awesome now.

New Feature: Team-Ups
    - Team-Ups are single use abilities that can be brought into battle that allow users to use abilities from characters that aren't directly on their teams
    - Most abilities are available to drop as Team-Ups for usage
    - Team-Up abilities have a chance to drop when defeating non-minion characters
    - New Team-Up tile art has been implemented
    - Team-Up tiles replace Environment tiles on all boards that use Environment tiles
    - Enemies can select and use Team-Ups

Most abilities are available to drop as Team-Ups for usage. Huh? Are there going to be team up covers? Like an extra ability for characters to learn? I can't see how you could use them like a power up if enemies can use them.

What are non-minion characters?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Non-minion characters would be any character in your roster. It's basically saying that if you fight an all Maggia team, you won't have a chance to get a Team Up drop from them.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Mondo wrote:
    Non-minion characters would be any character in your roster. It's basically saying that if you fight an all Maggia team, you won't have a chance to get a Team Up drop from them.

Wouldn't want people getting lvl 395 Threatens or Tommy Guns! Or would we?? icon_twisted.gif