Deadpool is coming / Team-Up Feature / Future of Dark Reign

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited August 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone -

The Marvel Games Panel just concluded at San Diego Comic-Con and Marvel Puzzle Quest was one of the featured games during the panel. During the panel the following information was revealed to attendees.

- Deadpool is coming to Marvel Puzzle Quest! Starting on August 1st in the upcoming Episode titled Deadpool vs. Marvel Puzzle Quest, Deadpool will star in his very own episode and be available for player’s roster at the conclusion of the event.

- A new gameplay feature to be introduced on July 29th called Team-Up. Team-Up brings heroes into battle that aren’t in your roster. It will add huge amounts of tactical flexibility for players looking to take down their opponents by providing a larger selection of Marvel characters for their squad.

- A brand new gameplay trailer from San Diego Comic-Con is now available and can be found on YouTube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_kjWiB-AY4&feature=youtu.be

- And finally, the Dark Reign subtitle of the game has been removed as the game in the coming months will be branching into other realms in the Marvel Universe.

Check out the details about Team-Up in the earlier post on the forums today - http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13230

- Thank you

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    edited July 2014
    Options
    For people curious about team-ups, there is a slight preview at around the 30 second mark of the trailer.

It seems like you equip a team-up ability at the same time you select boosts. I assume what's shown is that each team costs 5AP, but it's not particularly clear....it could be like boosts in that you have a limited amount of them and there were 5 left. *shrug*

(Also...not sure how I feel about the ALL CAPS threads...)
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    For people curious about team-ups, there is a slight preview at around the 30 second mark of the trailer.

It seems like you equip a team-up ability at the same time you select boosts. I assume what's shown is that each team costs 5AP, but it's not particularly clear....it could be like boosts in that you have a limited amount of them and there were 5 left. *shrug*

I took it to mean you have a stock of 5 of that team-up to use.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    So if I pay "X" amount of HP then I'll be able to borrow a character for my team for a match? Or do I collect team-ups similar to boosts with an option to purchase more with HP when I run out?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nemek wrote:

I share your pain with the all caps lock title.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    StoicM wrote:
    So if I pay "X" amount of HP then I'll be able to borrow a character for my team for a match? Or do I collect team-ups similar to boosts with an option to purchase more with HP when I run out?

You can only borrow 1 skill, not a full character set.
    There is no buy option in the video or patch notes - not to say there won't be that option when run out though.
    They drop randomly "when defeating non-minion characters" - not sure if mid-fight, or just mean after any match with a hero/villain in.
    Unlike boosts, enemy teams will be able to use Team-Ups too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    TheVulture wrote:
    StoicM wrote:

You can only borrow 1 skill, not a full character set.
    There is no buy option in the video or patch notes - not to say there won't be that option when run out though.
    They drop randomly "when defeating non-minion characters" - not sure if mid-fight, or just mean after any match with a hero/villain in.
    Unlike boosts, enemy teams will be able to use Team-Ups too.

So most likely you choose which hero/power to bring in on boost screen. Then I would assume if you have gained enough ap from breaking the team up tiles the power will self activate when a certain trigger is hit. Enemy reaches certain health lvl, certain power is activated, etc etc
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is this your typical PvE leaderboard stuff or a new format where everyone who completes it can obtain Deadpool?
  • Unknown
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    - And finally, the Dark Reign subtitle of the game has been removed as the game in the coming months will be branching into other realms in the Marvel Universe.

yesssssssss
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    I have only one thing to say......... DEADPOOL IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Who else is excited to team up with Bullseye for that black power?!

On a more serious note, though, this sounds really cool, and I'm looking forward to it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Damn i was thinking about quitting to play my ps4 more. Well now i can't
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm not too surprised about the hasty end of Dark Reign.

Surely by now, the Dark Reign story has drawn in all the new blood that its going to, and the game sorely needs greener pastures to attract a new audience.

Couple that with Marvel's known desire to create a "Marvel Gaming Universe" Marvel Gaming Universe Hinted at SXSW 2014, today's announcements that all of the other Marvel games out there are all moving to cover Guardians of the Galaxy, Today's Panel Announcements about GotG and Marvel Games, and the result is a pretty clear path where MPQ is heading.

So, I'm guessing that the MPQ team gets to finish what is currently in the pipe and then will align with the other games to focus on GotG (not that this is bad in any way). Deadpool has been announced for next week, then followed by Episode 5 as the next new content after that to close up Dark Reign (with Iron Patriot as the "final boss" of the story, as IceIX previous said that he was in the works), and then moving onto Guardians of the Galaxy.

It will be interesting times, for sure.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have only one thing to say......... DEADPOOL IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how the Deadpool Narwhal is going to work.
    Somehow I'm afraid that Deadpool will be a bigger joke character than Bagman.

20 Yellow AP
    Aquatic Assault
    Deadpool summons Deadwhale, Deaddolphin, Deadorca, and Deadnarwhal to flood the battlefield giving both teams 30 AP in Blue. icon_lol.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw on the Marvel wiki that Deadpool does intersect with the Dark Reign story line for a little while. So that could be how they close it off.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It looks like this team up thing is a lot like Furys yellow. I sure hope it is. ( unless the team up power being used in the video IS Furys yellow). If so, a lot of players will enjoy it. I know Furys yellow is one of my favorite powers in the game. Of course had I known it was going to be availbe for everyone, just in a different form, then I would not have busted my @$$ so much to get the yellow covers from season 3. Well, actually, yes, i would have. I am far too addicted to this game. icon_e_biggrin.gif We will just have to wait and see to know for sure.
  • Unknown
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:

So no Utopia, Dark X-Men, Siege and Cabal conclusion storyline? Sad.

And what will happen with all previous episodes? You finally add them to Prologue?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OTERSEY wrote:
    LakeStone wrote:

So no Utopia, Dark X-Men, Siege and Cabal conclusion storyline? Sad. And what will happen with all previous episodes? You finally add them to Prologue?
    At the pace they were going, it would have been a LONG time before we even reached that point. We barely touched on any of the broader scope of Dark Reign with the mediocre storytelling and replays of previous events. We are still missing two characters who form the Cabal to begin with. God forbid we actually reached a story in where the Cabal start self-destructing and plotting against each other.

Edit: Also, for anyone that's interested in catching up on the Dark Reign story, Siege, Civil War, Secret Invasion, AvX, and Infinity, you can get a month of Marvel Unlimited for $0.99 with code SDCC14 this weekend only. icon_e_surprised.gif Get on it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So this "exciting" feature is Deadpool? Cause I dont think another kind of boosts or removing "Dark Reign" is something special (playing 4 months, saw one new episode...). Deadpool was waiting for this Comic Con, all those nerds who can start fapping, trying and spending money on this game cause there will be puny Deadpool (hes not Patch after all icon_e_wink.gif ).

About caps...

12. Nobody likes it when you type in all caps. Just sayin’.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Muspel wrote:

On a more serious note, though, this sounds really cool, and I'm looking forward to it.

I was talking about this with my alliance. Assuming team-up tiles work like enviro tiles than bullseyes black power will break the game. I have to assume D3 has thought of this or the mechanic is limited in some way but I'll spell it out in full just in case this is an oversight.

- Critical tiles matched with a enviro tile typically nets you about 45ish AP.
    - This translates to 2 or more castings of most powers
    - If team-up tiles work the same way then expect the following....

1) Establish enough teamup to use bullseye black
    2) Use the power to create 2 crit tiles and match team up for multiple re-castings of that skill
    3) Continually cast the skill in this manor creating a near infinite lockdown of crazy damage much like Mags blue but even more reliable.
    4) Everyone complains on the forums because this was a gross oversight and it ruins the game

So yeah...don't let this happen. Assuming it's even possible to begin with.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babinro wrote:
    Muspel wrote:

I was talking about this with my alliance. Assuming team-up tiles work like enviro tiles than bullseyes black power will break the game. I have to assume D3 has thought of this or the mechanic is limited in some way but I'll spell it out in full just in case this is an oversight.

- Critical tiles matched with a enviro tile typically nets you about 45ish AP.
    - This translates to 2 or more castings of most powers
    - If team-up tiles work the same way then expect the following....

1) Establish enough teamup to use bullseye black
    2) Use the power to create 2 crit tiles and match team up for multiple re-castings of that skill
    3) Continually cast the skill in this manor creating a near infinite lockdown of crazy damage much like Mags blue but even more reliable.
    4) Everyone complains on the forums because this was a gross oversight and it ruins the game

So yeah...don't let this happen. Assuming it's even possible to begin with.

What if each ability costs 4-5 times as many team-up tiles as it would normally. This would balance each power respectively based on the already established AP costs. The other thing to consider is how passive abilities would work if at all.