Can you feel d3's financial desperation?

Options
They've been running ISO and HP sales much more frequently of late - seems almost bi-weekly at this point.

Guess the last few updates did end up having a negative financial impact - who would've thought that pissing off your entire user base would do that (eye roll).

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    The whole game looks like entered the shutdown phase, development halted, strip-mine whatever left while jury-rigging the servers alive for the limited remaining time before pulling the plug.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Honestly if you played marvel avengers alliance on playdom.com, then you know how this feels. Before they shut it down on playdom, they were releasing characters like every week. They released some old pvp weapons and brought out tons of content, just so you could spend money. Month later they announced they were shutting down the playdom version.

This feels kinda like that, but who knows. I know i wont spend money, like i did on marvel avengers alliance.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Erm... what sale are you talking about?

There was an ISO sale in February, and then a HP sale about a month ago, and that's it?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that F2P players on Steam get discounts all the time (I do), maybe on mobile, too. If you are a paying customer however you see no sales unless they are global.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that F2P players on Steam get discounts all the time (I do), maybe on mobile, too. If you are a paying customer however you see no sales unless they are global.
    Yeah, I figured this was about those "targetted sales" because they sure aren't running global sales often.
  • Unknown
    Options
    w7pLp5G.jpg

icon_eek.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    w7pLp5G.jpg

icon_eek.gif
    WOW hahahaha kim kardashian
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    w7pLp5G.jpg

icon_eek.gif
    Yeah, they must be really desperate, if they're grossing more than PAD icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options

Don't laugh... MPQ still #48 while Kim Kardashian has snuck into the top 15 icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options

Don't laugh... MPQ still #48 while Kim Kardashian has snuck into the top 15 icon_e_smile.gif

Yeah, but that deal she has with Satan is pretty all-encompassing, and he's got a TON of connections in the F2P gaming industry.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Doesn't top 50 mean good?
  • Unknown
    Options
    w7pLp5G.jpg

icon_eek.gif

Unless you know (and I'm sure you don't) the time horizon for which the table is calculated, it's meaningless.

My post was clearly about declining revenues following the recent big updates like true healing.

And about the sales, there's an unadvertised one on Ios right now, and the last one I remember was in the week ended July 6th. Look for the bonus sign....
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just checked the Google Play store. MPQ still holding it down at #49, while Puzzles & Dragons has hopped up to #13.

Still, not nearly bad enough for D3 or Demiurge to give up on the game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I wouldn't rush to state anything regarding their revenues. I have seen Alliance players leave etc but I have no idea if overall less money is being used on this game.

Do I dislike the changes? Yes. But I have no idea if they are bringing in less money as a result.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    k2yip wrote:
    w7pLp5G.jpg

icon_eek.gif

Unless you know (and I'm sure you don't) the time horizon for which the table is calculated, it's meaningless.

My post was clearly about declining revenues following the recent big updates like true healing.

And about the sales, there's an unadvertised one on Ios right now, and the last one I remember was in the week ended July 6th. Look for the bonus sign....
    Yeah, as Locked stated, those are specific sales targeted at F2P players.
    I don't have a sale on my iOS devices.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    k2yip wrote:
    w7pLp5G.jpg

icon_eek.gif

Lets quote this picture few more times so only masochists could read this thread...
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcoran wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    k2yip wrote:
    w7pLp5G.jpg

icon_eek.gif

Lets quote this picture few more times so only masochists could read this thread...

Don't you have to be a masochist by definition when you're a MPQ player? icon_mrgreen.gif
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Malcoran wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    w7pLp5G.jpg

icon_eek.gif

Don't you have to be a masochist by definition when you're a MPQ player? icon_mrgreen.gif

Yes
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I will be quitting MPQ today and taking my time,energy and money to the Kim Kardashian game ASAP.

It looks far more entertaining and I bet those Devs will never "NERF" Kim and lose my trust .

Wait...... Does she have "True healing"?? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is also the google store. I'm curious where mpq sits now on steam and iOS.

Also curious if they'd release metrics on % of player base using each of those 3 systems versus revenue from each of those 3. I'd imagine iOS is top revenue of the three by a country mile but could be wrong. The Whales my all be on steam . . .