So you send out Daken awards AND THEN YOU ANNOUNCE A NERF?

Options

Comments

• noobprime
    noobprime Posts: 403
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    This is just one more example of the thoughtlessness and lack of communication on the part of D3/Demiurge. You give with one hand and you take with the other. Thank you so much for almost possibly doing something good with the Balance of Power tournament and then squandering that good will immediately.
    Ok, ok, this time for sure.
    You're A-Ghast right? icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Daken wasn't some minor help guy in the Sentry/Daken combo unless you only play with max boosts. His Phermone Rage pulls plenty of weight in a normal board, especially on defense where you can't count on the AI to get any color but you can always count on the human to match green because it's almost impossible to have a coherent attack plan without green AP. In the Simulator Basic event we had a rotating buff for Sentry and Daken, and having Daken with +90 levels makes the enemy way easier compared to Sentry +90 levels, even though Daken probably faced harder nodes in terms of enemy composition. Right now Daken is under control because Magneto is extremely strong against him, but as soon as Magnetic FIeld is nerfed there would be no easy way to get around Healing & Heat.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm not adding anything that hasn't already been said, but I agree wholeheartedly that the timing of this nerf is B.S. Just as players feel like devs are listening (season break, good rewards, new PVP), they turn around and nerf a character the day after it was given out as a reward. I'm commander of my alliance and I was soooo happy to make it out of Season 3 without anyone quitting. I'm pretty sure two or three of our best players are going to leave now, out of sheer frustration at the lack communication.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sentry can be used with anyone, you see just as many Hood\Sentry Combos.

LD actually made other combos more viable. LD\LT for example

There are two big issues with this nurf.

1)Comunication is appalling and the timing is just a big FU to everyone.
    2) Rebalancing of LD doesn't do anything to fix the top end of game. Sentry and Patch\cmags is all your still going to see.......

I understand people getting upset...A lot bought covers for LD early on ....I would hope this would signal a yield sign to all you NF buyers out there icon_razz.gif

Thankfully I'm not a cover buyer and I have been preaching 5 black so this stings less for me personally but that doesn’t lessen the fact that there is no thought what so ever for the community by the developers. Feeligns would be completely different if they announced the change a week ago then held an event for respeccing.

I also just don't understand why a nurf like this would get priority over an announced nurf and a nurf that most of the comunity would support in a positive way(Sentry).
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    It amuses me that yesterday was filled with complaints of the endless LDaken/Sentry teams at a high level, but when they try to nerf one of them back to the pack, here comes the crying from the other side of the argument.

Wild guess: because Sentry is the faulting party here? And that daken is just a minor help-out guy and can be replaced by many others to barely different effect if the AP boosts are used?

OTOH for those who have problems with reading and understanding text, most people here complain about the timing of announce. In the title it is even turned into CAPS for heaven's sake.

Guess no point to write a TL;DR for all the WRITE-ONLY people around.
    Exactly, one guy was so generous to put a bagman with the sentry on his last hop
  • Unknown
    Options
    Daken made other characters viable because he's very powerful. Run Daken + Falcon sometime on PvE. It's basically what happens if you could have 2 Dakens and their effect stacked, since Falcon's buff is roughly twice as strong as Daken's strike tiles but you only get them on your matches as opposed to all matches. When you can pump out 4 digit match 3s it really doesn't matter if the 3rd guy is Bagman or Magneto so it makes a lot of teams 'viable', but it's really the 2 Dakens that's doing most of the work while the third guy is cheerleading. The difference though is that Falcon is very weak by himself so he depends on others to use his quite overpowered buffs and that's probably balanced, while Daken is likely one of the best 1on1 character on the game by himself and still provides incredible synergy to the rest of the team.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess I lucked out by respeccing to 5/5/3 with the two black covers I earned, but seriously, this timing is so screwed up it's incredible.
    Sadly, it perfectly fits with the big picture of the devs not talking to each other, let alone talking to their hardcore fan base - us here.

Oh well. At least now Ice can concentrate on his normal duties (whatever they may be) since Lakestone seems to be the PR guy they should have had from the beginning.
    If they _had_ him from the beginning, he might be trained enough by now to not botch an announcement with blatant copy/paste errors which basically keeps us guessing as to what the changes are, too.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Part of me is happy that it's not Magneto yet who is brought down to sinful earth (pardon my weakness for Magneto), and that I opted to have 5/5/3 for Daken all along, and have a black cover sitting in cache to be applied for when I have played at least a bit with 5/4/4.
    The other part is trying to be understanding for all the people that have had the chance to run Daken for 2 months or so (mine was 4 purple all that time) but chose the 5/3/5 build ultimately and trashed his black covers, or for those that only got his covers yesterday and chose the 5/3/5 build, again.
    Imo with all the fake healing it was crystal clear that builds that maximized non-fake healing (5 yellow for Patch, 5 black for Daken) were preferable, but I won't salt the wounds more now, after all we don't even know the true nature of the nerfs yet.
    And let me tell ya, lazyDaken is/was OP. Not as OP as lazyThor/Sentry/Magneto but plenty OP. He would still provide a powerful counter for my beloved squishy AP thieves oBW and Hood, as long as his essence is not to even require AP to be obnoxious, but if he doesn't require Magneto anymore to be dealt with in a non-broken manner, I'm all for it. It would even help sooth the impending Magneto destruction, personally.
    Practically all known characters can be dealt with without having to break out Mags (Sentry's CDs can be dealt with, his strike tile is just one tile and is vulnerable, etc., Thor is one mighty slow Avenger, verily, Hulk can be stunned and laughed at, or chipped away at without strike tiles, etc.), but not so much Daken. He will still make the enemy take significant damage because he cannot be knocked out early and he probably shouldn't anyway as there are a ton of other characters that will make you cry with or without friendly strike tiles around.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Continued stupidity really. I used to be baffled by stuff like this but they seem to be so terrible in their communication and timing that it's just being replaced with a feeling of indifference.

I mean, this will work with their metrics or something. They will post in here with some vague answer of "our data shows this is how people want to play" and carry on regardless, but it is amazing how on an almost weekly basis now they seem to mess something up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Was this also a result of people switching to Daken/Wolverines due to the healing nerf?
    It'd be nice if they buffed characters to be more useful rather than dragging everything down to the same level of suck.

Also, is the 2* new ability supposed to convert yellow into green? That'd make a little more sense.
  • Unknown
    Options
    In their email to me, they claim everyone got an email, stating this daken nerf was happening. Said they actually checked with some casual players they know.....
    From the looks of it here. Nobody got this email they are claiming was sent out. Keeps telling me to check my spam folder. But oh, guess what...I did. And still nothing.

Thanks D3
  • Unknown
    Options
    If they really did claim they sent an email, they're full of ****. I get every advertisement they send out about a new character event where you should pony up money yada yada. Sentry was only OP in the fact that he was ultra-versatile. He wasn't a game ender or even a game changer but worked in basically every combo. It's been said before that this nerf isn't so bad in itself although he really didn't need nerving. It's bad in that there was in fact no notice AND it happened right after his covers were given with just enough notice that most people were cursing what they did with their rewards. And it might be noted that theres still this list of characters that need fixing that have still needed fixing for months and months now. In light of all the new OP characters, the approach seems to be, lets release a new super character everyone wants to buy (see sentry fury etc.) and ignore or nerf the older characters. We get it D3, this is so you can make money on new characters, but try not to be so blunt obvious about it!

And I still think someone misread the memo meant to be about Sentry.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Guys i think we should nerf the devs somehow icon_evil.gif
  • Unknown
    Options

Well they haven't released a new Dev in weeks! Perhaps they need their 3rd color to be most effective!
  • Unknown
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:

Well they haven't released a new Dev in weeks! Perhaps they need their 3rd color to be most effective!

We have Green mods, and Red devs, so obviously the next color will be Yellow. That's the only color combination we're allowed to have. icon_razz.gif
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    LoreNYC wrote:

We have Green mods, and Red devs, so obviously the next color will be Yellow. That's the only color combination we're allowed to have. icon_razz.gif
    And when they do release one, it would be Lazy version of...IceIX?
  • Unknown
    Options
    hurcules wrote:

No, lately they go backwards so it will be IceVII-and-a-half **.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bu11seye wrote:
    In their email to me, they claim everyone got an email, stating this daken nerf was happening. Said they actually checked with some casual players they know.....
    From the looks of it here. Nobody got this email they are claiming was sent out. Keeps telling me to check my spam folder. But oh, guess what...I did. And still nothing.

Thanks D3

Actually, I did receive the email. Twice. One on my yahoo, and the other on my gmail. I'm not quite sure how I got subscribed to their newsletter. It may have been due to my entry in some of their sweepstakes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Whether there was an email or not is besides the point. That kind of outlet for news should be secondary to something here (this is still the official forum, right?) and IN THE GAME. I don't understand why this is a difficult concept for them. If something is going to change in the game, tell us in the game. Having a MOTD is not exactly a new idea. Join us in this wonderful 21st century, The Information Age, and all that. Unless of course this is all part of a more elaborate plot, another way to **** with us and try to take our money. Hmmm....maybe...wait, where's my tinfoil hat. Hold on. BRB.
  • Unknown
    Options
    hurcules wrote:

Haven't seen a post of his in weeks, so wouldn't a lazy version be superfluous.