So you send out Daken awards AND THEN YOU ANNOUNCE A NERF?

Options
Had it ever occurred to you that we would want this information before we chose how to use the Daken cover rewards we received from the Heavy Metal tournament? This is just one more example of the thoughtlessness and lack of communication on the part of D3/Demiurge.

You give with one hand and you take with the other. Thank you so much for almost possibly doing something good with the Balance of Power tournament and then squandering that good will immediately.

Comments

• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    It's a very backhanded move. I know a few people who maxed him this morning, or re-specced and sold the extras. Communication to us abysmal, and I'd bet it's the same within the company.

As for the nerf,

God forbid we come out of a match not completely destroyed. I assume Patch is next.

How about an ISO multiplier that goes up with the amount of damage you take in a match!? I'm sure we'd buy health packs then!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's par for the course, they're utterly clueless. It's almost like the left hand doesn't even know the right hand exists, let alone talking to the poor bastard.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have to say Im fairly upset about this too. I use Daken as a way of grinding up in pvp or pve and not needing as many Health Packs. So to me the healing is more important than the blue ability that I use to finish people off with. I sold my covers when they came in because I am capped with him and I found prior that 4 covers was decent enough in black to suit my needs. But now I want that black cover back to potentially use it an hour later.....

This is insane really.... why in the hell would you wait to tell us this?
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bonebreak wrote:
    I have to say Im fairly upset about this too. I use Daken as a way of grinding up in pvp or pve and not needing as many Health Packs. So to me the healing is more important than the blue ability that I use to finish people off with. I sold my covers when they came in because I am capped with him and I found prior that 4 covers was decent enough in black to suit my needs. But now I want that black cover back to potentially use it an hour later.....

Just saying, right now in game the tiles to avoid heat at the same -- the notes are apparently wrong on this part. So be mad about the unannoucned nerf, not the healing nerf that may or may not exist. (The notes have confusing blue/yellow tile mixups, and the counts are not different-- even check the character compendium for the current black passive)
  • Unknown
    Options
    The past week or so i have been working on maxing daken with 5/4/4. in the last pvp i only needed to push for the last blue to put it at 4 so i could max him completely. now with this nerf i have to spend the coins i have been saving on daken once again to max out his black. i was planning on using them for patches healing but, now that is out the window.

who knows maybe i should move on from daken now as he isn't going to be as strong anymore either.
  • Unknown
    Options
    For as long as they been working on this game you would think they would have all the balance issues worked out before releasing a character. Instead of slamming them with the nerf hammer.
  • Unknown
    Options
    These changes are horrible and way too severe. Daken is completely unusable now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    bonebreak wrote:

Just saying, right now in game the tiles to avoid heat at the same -- the notes are apparently wrong on this part. So be mad about the unannoucned nerf, not the healing nerf that may or may not exist. (The notes have confusing blue/yellow tile mixups, and the counts are not different-- even check the character compendium for the current black passive)

Yeah I'm aware of that. The notes are screwed for sure. Regardless the notes indicate its going to be 1 less per rank otherwise they wouldnt be listed at all (the blue power isnt listed). Yes I'm mad about a nerf that they didnt give us info about while some of us trashed 4 covers mere hours ago.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Bigger picture, was there even a need for a Nerf to both?

I understand why balance 2* with an added ability.

However, there was no change to 3*, and he is supposed to be more powerful than 2*.

So, where is need to Nerf the 3*?

If this about Sentry, Nerf him. If there is a set time you have to wait to Nerf Sentry, wait then Nerf him.

Bottomline, 3* Daken was not OP and did not need a Nerf.

p.s. fix the strength levels of the 3*'s in balance of power pvp please.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bigger picture, was there even a need for a Nerf to both?

I understand why balance 2* with an added ability.

However, there was no change to 3*, and he is supposed to be more powerful than 2*.

So, where is need to Nerf the 3*?

If this about Sentry, Nerf him. If there is a set time you have to wait to Nerf Sentry, wait then Nerf him.

Bottomline, 3* Daken was not OP and did not need a Nerf.

p.s. fix three strength levels of the 3*'s in balance of power pvp please.

there is no set time that D3 needs to nerf a character just ask Black Panther.
    You know i find it absolutely priceless i come back to play for the Daken rewards and then see this the very next day.
    Thanks D3 for reminding me why the hell i quit in the first place.

Many thanks go out to Ace of Blade for taking me in for the night but I think it's time that i go back to my slumber since D3 still has proven that they haven't learned from their previous mistakes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I changed my Daken today, and sold the rest of the covers too... Now the blue is useless... When it was so powerful.

How do we get the new blue Daken 2* ? They haven't said about that.

Captain Marvel looks cool, but the Daken nerf makes all the joy for the new pvp format less cool all of a sudden.

Why don't they JUST make us happy ?
  • Unknown
    Options
    It amuses me that yesterday was filled with complaints of the endless LDaken/Sentry teams at a high level, but when they try to nerf one of them back to the pack, here comes the crying from the other side of the argument.

Yes, it could have been communicated with better timing, but seriously people, don't worry, be happy (one time at least)
  • eidehua
    Options
    Maybe Lakestone, being new, didn't realize how much an uproar this late nerf announcement would be -- maybe he bundled up all the news for the cap marvel changes and daken changes into one post to release at one time. I also don't recall them usually adding new character info (at least recently) in the news and announcements section.
  • Unknown
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    Maybe Lakestone, being new, didn't realize how much an uproar this late nerf announcement would be -- maybe he bundled up all the news for the cap marvel changes and daken changes into one post to release at one time. I also don't recall them usually adding new character info (at least recently) in the news and announcements section.

It was about time I'd say...

Still, we know nothing about the new Season, and nothing about the Alliance reward for the Season.

There was no announcement for the Balance of Power either...
  • eidehua
    Options
    Actually Lakestone announced Balance of Power, Cap Marvel, and Daken all in the same post
    technically the nerf announcement might not be "late" (in his eyes) since it's announced before the actual nerf hits, but of course came after end of the heavy metal tourney.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    eidehua wrote:

They also sent out an e-mail today announcing the arrival of Captain Marvel (with a picture, too!), so I suspect it's an effort to reach out to those who aren't constantly on the forum and entice them with the announcement of a fairly popular Marvel character. Personally, I appreciate a little bit of pre-release "hype" instead of opening a tournament to find out if there's a new character.
  • Unknown
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    It amuses me that yesterday was filled with complaints of the endless LDaken/Sentry teams at a high level, but when they try to nerf one of them back to the pack, here comes the crying from the other side of the argument.

Wild guess: because Sentry is the faulting party here? And that daken is just a minor help-out guy and can be replaced by many others to barely different effect if the AP boosts are used?

OTOH for those who have problems with reading and understanding text, most people here complain about the timing of announce. In the title it is even turned into CAPS for heaven's sake.

Guess no point to write a TL;DR for all the WRITE-ONLY people around.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    papa07 wrote:

Yes, it could have been communicated with better timing, but seriously people, don't worry, be happy (one time at least)

Honestly people are going to complain about anything so i would just ignore the half of the posts that are complaining about the fact that daken got nerfed (like the ones that say that no nerfs should ever happen even if the character is strong, which is completely idiotic). The other half of the people who are mad because of the timing issue have every right to be. If this was announced a week or so after the tournament, then i doubt there would be as much complaining, but to release this half a day after daken covers have been handed out just shows an extreme lack of internal team communication at d3 and lack of any kind of foresight.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Their communication continues to suck.

Still, at least they've resumed communicating. Baby steps.

Really odd to see them nerf Daken out of the blue while C.Mags has allegedly been on the block for like 6 months.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Had it ever occurred to you that we would want this information before we chose how to use the Daken cover rewards we received from the Heavy Metal tournament? This is just one more example of the thoughtlessness and lack of communication on the part of D3/Demiurge.

(I posted this in the other thread, but since this is probably a better place for this conversation I'll just drop this here as well. Quoting myself...so classy... icon_redface.gif )

Yeah, I'm going to jump on this bandwagon as well. This about a million times over. I don't hate the adjustments. He was very strong, he'll still be strong, just a little less strong. Whatever. But to have an event that gives out covers for a character you're planning on altering and there's no information about the upcoming change so people can use those covers to compensate for the changes? That's just beyond stupid. Or it's just pure tinykitty trolling. There is no third possibility. A warning that these changes were coming should have appeared in game and here on the forum WELL BEFORE the IM40 event ended. Not posted three hours after, or two hours after the rewards were given out and everyone who was set with their build already sold their covers.

This game suffers in the worst way from lack of information. It's how I ended up here in the first place. "What's with these numbers in this event? Why do they go up and down?" You know there's an Event Rules tab in every event. You know what's not on that tab? Anything that explains the rules of the game. And now we're not even getting a news pop-up. How about you guys get your tinykitty together and start communicating like a half-way respectable company? Okay? That would be great. Thanks.