Game Statistics?

Options

Comments

• DumDumDugn wrote:
    By the way forum users complain you'd think Ragnarok was clear #1 in all stats
    I think these stats are faked, way more users play on Ragnarok than on android or ios. The UI is a bit unstable, but he's clearly got more processing power.
    IceIX wrote:
    You would, yes. You'd also be surprised that CapA is sitting in the Top 5 used since he's "worthless". Most players use who they like, and Cap is right up there for popularity.
    I would be, and then I'd remember that he's buffed in every event. I'll stop using him when you stop telling me to use him. icon_razz.gif

I like how you are saying his information is wrong, even though you are looking at information that is 3 months old when the game has drastically changed since then icon_lol.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Devil Dinosaur still ranks dead last.

If Devil Dinosaur were to ever come out, would he be a 1* like in his first appearance, or a 4* like in his second appearance? Or maybe even something else?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Destro wrote:
    I found two interesting stats.
    51,327 daily users and 3,000 new players daily from thinkgaming.
    Not even close to our actuals, although they'd have a hard time really pulling iOS, Android and PC numbers together in any real way.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    I assume these stats are for the last week/month rather than since inception?
    Past two months, although the demographics are all-time.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

It's fascinating that Lazy Thor is #1 cash cow while Black Panther isn't even mentioned. And I have no idea how storm classic is on the list. I guess she had a few buffed tournaments weeks ago, but you get so many covers from heroics and even the prologue.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

It's fascinating that Lazy Thor is #1 cash cow while Black Panther isn't even mentioned. And I have no idea how storm classic is on the list. I guess she had a few buffed tournaments weeks ago, but you get so many covers from heroics and even the prologue.

I don't see any mention of Gold Thor in his post....?
  • Nemek wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

I'd say there's a decent chance that you didn't see him mention it because he didn't mention it.
  • Eddiemon
    Options
    Nemek wrote:

Good point, I assumed Marvel Now was lazy Thor because it didn't make sense that 2star was the biggest money spinner, especially over the last 2 months.

That might explain the existence of Lazy Thor.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    these stats are old, from December. I think cStorm was feeding red back then.
  • Eddiemon
    Options
    locked wrote:

Ice did an update halfway through the thread and said the new stats were last 2 months. They even included Psylocke
  • Interesting statistics - especially now that steam has been around longer. Thanks for sharing.
  • Very interesting stats, thanks for sharing.

Knowing the most used heroes, it makes sense for the "lazy" versions to be direct upgrades of the most used characters. This allows the majority of the player base to easily transition from 2* to 3* while feeling comfortable with the hero skills since they are already familiar with them.

We've seen lazy Thor..... IM, black widow, and wolverine already have 3* versions, which leaves Cap and Storm. Pretty sure we will see lazy versions of both down the road.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    locked wrote:

Ice did an update halfway through the thread and said the new stats were last 2 months. They even included Psylocke
    Just updated that earlier post with a link to the updated stats. Maybe that'll help a bit. icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Monetization
    - Despite what many users may think personally, players *love* event based packs. Very high on overall user's spending lists and characters that are gained from them stay around on user squads more often than those gained by tokens/rewards.

Soooo, is this why event tokens have been almost entirely removed from tournament awards (i.e., because it undercuts one of your biggest moneymakers)? I'm sure it's no surprise to you that that was a tremendously disappointing change. It used to be one of the most fun things about working toward tournament rewards. Plain heroic tokens are far less incentive.
  • IceIX
    Options
    wathombe wrote:
    Soooo, is this why event tokens have been almost entirely removed from tournament awards (i.e., because it undercuts one of your biggest moneymakers)? I'm sure it's no surprise to you that that was a tremendously disappointing change. It used to be one of the most fun things about working toward tournament rewards. Plain heroic tokens are far less incentive.
    Nope. Event tokens were removed because of a bug with them that caused us to get flooded (justly) with a massive amount of support tickets. Until we could get them back online and working correctly, Heroic tokens were the way to go since they work no matter what.
  • IceIX wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    Nope. Event tokens were removed because of a bug with them that caused us to get flooded (justly) with a massive amount of support tickets. Until we could get them back online and working correctly, Heroic tokens were the way to go since they work no matter what.

Don't they disappear because when the time to buy them goes away they change to heroic right? So why not just leave it there for a day after the tourney ends and if you miss using it after that then its on you. Also, while your at it, maybe add the leader boards to stay up a day after tourney end too. icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX wrote:

Oh! Thanks! That's great news that I missed if you (or a cohort) mentioned it somewhere else!

Does this mean that event tokens will make a return someday?
  • wathombe wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Oh! Thanks! That's great news that I missed if you (or a cohort) mentioned it somewhere else!

Does this mean that event tokens will make a return someday?
    That's correct. Event tokens will be back at some point when the issue has been sorted out.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    wathombe wrote:

Don't they disappear because when the time to buy them goes away they change to heroic right? So why not just leave it there for a day after the tourney ends and if you miss using it after that then its on you. Also, while your at it, maybe add the leader boards to stay up a day after tourney end too. icon_e_smile.gif

The support tickets like the one I submitted when my Hulk Token from progression vanished when scaling kicked in 90 minutes after the start of the event

Their response was 'we'll look into that'. Still waiting . . .
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

The bug IceIX is talking about isn't that the event tokens go away when the event ends, it's that the event tokens were never awarded in the first place.