So, who's gonna quit now?

Options
13»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    DuckyV wrote:
    laoahpeh wrote:
    At the risk of getting on-topic. I will be tendering my resignation to wyp and nemek. MPQ is simply too time-sensitive and time-consuming if you want to be competitive. Do not be mistaken, the pressure is from within and not from anyone in the alliance. I am just too competitive for my own good. I need to quit (or at least scale back) this game so I can concentrate on other stuff (like other games).

I would like to say thanks to Trey9 and Dead Alliance for giving me a first shot in a 20men alliance.
    Thanks to Pucco and A-Force for growing my game and getting #6 in the first ever season. (and char siew, never forget char siew).
    And of course, my SHIELDBros (and sis) for bringing me into the top alliance in the game. Sure was fun terrorising the LRs with you all.
    To the forum in general, thanks too. It was mostly good, some bad, but sure is getting uglier.
    In my 221 days in the game, I still remained completely F2P, not a single cent was spent. And I have achieved two #1 out of the three seasons, plenty of LR, NHB, PVP, PVE wins. 9 maxed characters. Made plenty of friends and no foe (i hope).

I am laoahpeh. And I am a MPQ addict.

You will be missed and you have been nothing but classy. Also, grats on rocking our bracket. It was an honor to finish a not so close second to you, haha.

thanks for the kind words. I was expecting jayson400 to make a huge push towards the end but i guess i got lucky.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh , congrats Laoahpeh for beating jayson400 icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I'll take a rest for awhile, then decide if I ever wanna come back.
    For now I feel sooo damn good for not having to worry about current pve and pvp events.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    At the risk of getting on-topic. I will be tendering my resignation to wyp and nemek. MPQ is simply too time-sensitive and time-consuming if you want to be competitive. Do not be mistaken, the pressure is from within and not from anyone in the alliance. I am just too competitive for my own good. I need to quit (or at least scale back) this game so I can concentrate on other stuff (like other games).

I would like to say thanks to Trey9 and Dead Alliance for giving me a first shot in a 20men alliance.
    Thanks to Pucco and A-Force for growing my game and getting #6 in the first ever season. (and char siew, never forget char siew).
    And of course, my SHIELDBros (and sis) for bringing me into the top alliance in the game. Sure was fun terrorising the LRs with you all.
    To the forum in general, thanks too. It was mostly good, some bad, but sure is getting uglier.
    In my 221 days in the game, I still remained completely F2P, not a single cent was spent. And I have achieved two #1 out of the three seasons, plenty of LR, NHB, PVP, PVE wins. 9 maxed characters. Made plenty of friends and no foe (i hope).

Its a sad day.. You are a student of this game and we need more of your kind here.. I hope you ll enjoy your time outside of mpq and secretly i will brace for your come-back.. As for myself as i see more and more valuable players quitting in droves and see more and more punks getting on board.. I will see how season 4 unfolds and at the end deeply reflects upon my leaving the game.. I feel this time is coming quick for me..
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    icon_e_sad.gif

tumblr_mz9z5xLJMs1t0b788o1_500.gif
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:

Its a sad day.. You are a student of this game and we need more of your kind here.. I hope you ll enjoy your time outside of mpq and secretly i will brace for your come-back.. As for myself as i see more and more valuable players quitting in droves and see more and more punks getting on board.. I will see how season 4 unfolds and at the end deeply reflects upon my leaving the game.. I feel this time is coming quick for me..

Laoah, you'll be missed. It was great playing with you. I can't say the same for twysta. He's always in the corner with that weird eye twitch. It's... unsettling. Please, come back soon.

Francky....no, you may not leave. Ever. If you do not sit down in your seat, you will be forced down and tapped to your seat with ducktape. I don't think anyone wants that, as ducktape can really be sticky and messy, but it sure would make for some great pictures.

My hope for the game would be less stress, and more actual fun. But, sometimes hope isn't reality. Here's hoping I'm wrong and there will be ice cream with sprinkles on top.
  • Twysta
    Options
    causes-of-eye-twitching_1064.gif
  • daveomite
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    causes-of-eye-twitching_1064.gif

That is the exact look I was talking about. It...scares me. Slightly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    thanks for all the love. i really hope to have the strength to step away for good. maybe Kidd is right, i need to go cold turkey.

anyway you guys know where to find me if you need me
  • daveomite
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    thanks for all the love. i really hope to have the strength to step away for good. maybe Kidd is right, i need to go cold turkey.

You've earned it Laoah. Great player...but more importantly, great person too. And, I thought I knew where to find you...but I've been knocking on the bathroom door now for hours..... .....
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:

Will miss ya in LRs ! Good luck out & about!

Another good one gone...
  • Twysta
    Options
    h19331632
  • Vitalbird
    Vitalbird Posts: 35
    Options
    I have seen a couple people mention that the game was screwing with their life. If it affects your family, job, etc., you need to quit. Play as much or as little as you feel. Spend all your money or play for free, it doesn't matter. However, when it starts to mess with your life, try to keep things in perspective. There are lots of things more important than a top 5 finish.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    LOLz I was to quit as S4 starts in tail of S3 but it didn't happen...

(yet at least)

And now it started after all so I'm joining with those leaving too. Wish the best luck to everyone who lingers on.

Some parting words here
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not that anyone knows who i am, i just let my alliance know i was quitting, i said ill stay till they can replace me so if anyone looking for a top 25-50 alliance search for Double Trouble and PM Rambosey
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Laoahpeh was a perfect example of the original free-to-playability of this game. That ability has diminished, but it's still achievable (just a longer grind now). We're rapidly approaching a year of MPQ, and the lack of endgame content is seeing the old-guard drop off.

D3 needs to make more non-competitive PvE storylines beyond the prologue, as both the grind & lack of stimulating rewards seems to have caused a hemorrhage of players. It's unfortunate that all the devs can think to inject is new characters. It appears they're backing the wrong horse.
  • Unknown
    Options
    In the short run, tailoring to spenders brings in more money. In the long run, the game runs out of people because there's nothing new to hold people here.
  • Neuromancer
    Options
    i'd like to see the statistics on how many actually spend to improve these new characters as opposed to those who improve them through the trove they hoard through game play. But they'll never release that info.
  • trey9
    trey9 Posts: 102
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:

Thanks for the shout-out laoahpeh! Sorry to see you go. Best of luck to you in all walks of life!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Laoahpeh was a perfect example of the original free-to-playability of this game. That ability has diminished, but it's still achievable (just a longer grind now). We're rapidly approaching a year of MPQ, and the lack of endgame content is seeing the old-guard drop off.

D3 needs to make more non-competitive PvE storylines beyond the prologue, as both the grind & lack of stimulating rewards seems to have caused a hemorrhage of players. It's unfortunate that all the devs can think to inject is new characters. It appears they're backing the wrong horse.

I think it's still quite playable for the F2P player. especially when 2* are so freely given out now. I remembered paying 500 HP for my OBW cover. I did not have a single maxed 3* until day 100? This game still reward the grinders over the spenders. Anyway I played this game for over 200+ days, probably the longest I stayed in a game other than Scrabble/Words. That itself is a testament to the game's playability. The fact why people get so worked up over a match3 game is reason enough to say D3 did a good job overall. Sure they have their flaws, and probably dropped off on the efforts recently, but I will still recommend this game to anyone who asked.
  • Neuromancer
    Options
    Agreed! However, the game is all about the 3-star transition. Unfortunately after you break through that barrier: try for another 3-star! Then another one! Then another one. etc. until you quit. Recent game changes have gone toward making that transition take longer (the level boost being the biggie), rather than providing any real content after that point.