So, who's gonna quit now?

Options

Comments

• Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Hi everyone! It's been a while. I hope all of you are well! I have pretty much stopped playing this game, the World Cup played a large part in that, but the main reason is how incredibly stale the game has become. There are no new modes, no interesting characters on the horizon or anything exciting to increase interest.

It used to be fun fighting my way to the top of the leaderboards, but that time has passed. Lately I've joined the PVE or PVP events, fought a few battles and mid battle questioned why I am even bothering anymore. A few times I have just quit the match, put my phone down and gone on to do other activities.

I've enjoyed my time with this game and with the great alliance that Terran Dominion is. But, I think this game has run it's course for me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hi everyone! It's been a while. I hope all of you are well! I have pretty much stopped playing this game, the World Cup played a large part in that,

For me quite the opposite, the WC created good time to play MPQ while watching the games that was dead time anyway.

Too bad the WC was similarly appalling with rare exceptions.
  • SandsTheMan
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:

Yeah, I quit down to casual play for season 3. Didn't even hit 5k points for the 10 pack and I don't even care.

Snap(ish) - didn't get the 5k points, but I am playing daily and happy to put time into PvE where I don't need to waste HP on shields. My main aim is to be at least in the middle of the alliance on points
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Hi everyone! It's been a while. I hope all of you are well! I have pretty much stopped playing this game, the World Cup played a large part in that,

For me quite the opposite, the WC created good time to play MPQ while watching the games that was dead time anyway.

Huh? What WC were you watching?

Unless you are on about all the diving and rolling around. In which case, yes, it was appalling.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the combination of the Season's with Alliance rewards has burned out so many players. And now with Alliances creating sister/brother alliances in effect creating 120 person alliances I hope the developers are seeing the problems with the Alliance Strategy. I think they really need to rethink alliances and their goal, don't get me wrong I love mine, for the most part we are semi-casual, so we place decent without having to try too hard, but other's are not as lucky. I'm just planning on playing what I want to and have fun doing so.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    Taiyed311 wrote:
    It's your money man. Spend it how you like. If you feel good about buying your way to the top the top the go for it

What the **** is your problem? I hope you realize that without those big spenders this game goes away. It's not like you're competing against the big spenders with your 10 roster slots and maxed Yelena. If people with a discretionary income want to spend money on a game they enjoy, then yes, it's their money and they'll spend it how they friggin please. And it's not even like a maxed Fury gets you to the top. Fury isn't even as "pay to win" as the Sentry boosting shield hopping that's going on right now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:

So you continued to play even though you've suspended your play (sig)? icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was going to quit and then transitioned into playing without trying to win instead. I've actually been pretty amazed at how little my progression has slowed since I started going for top 25/50 and not playing LRs at all, instead of trying to hit 1100 every tournament
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:

Unless you are on about all the diving and rolling around. In which case, yes, it was appalling.

Skimmed this way too quickly and just read "WC created good time to play MPQ" and I thought W.C. was water closet. I mean i know a lot people do this.. its a total poop game, I mean while pooping game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was getting more and more casual since the end of season 2 ...
    Wont quit since its not messing my life anymore xD
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Also, FIFA 15 comes out in two months and I love me some FIFA ultimate team!! I absolutely suck at the game online, but I love it nonetheless. For the time being I'm going to keep checking in and playing, possibly in the same way that gamar is.

Without hijackng the thread too much. This World Cup was very exciting, the good outweighed the bad...but once again as a fellow referee I was often frustrated with the officiating.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Regalis wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:

So you continued to play even though you've suspended your play (sig)? icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

I suspended the suspension for a few select events and minimalistic play.

I said my alliance long time ago to feel free to kick me whenever convenient, but they eventually decided to keep me even if not playing at all.

As an example, we had that week-long Heroic. I jumped in for the last 12h after the 3rd sub closed as an experiment to see what broken rubberbanding does. Turned out RB was off completely, so the last part failed but I still got topX with all covers and hardly any trouble compared to others playing all the way. Currently i play PVP as LD covers are my last thing on the "want" list, but I not enter the Hunt. most likely go back to full suspend mode right after unless some drastic change happens.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:

I'd more put it like incredible fest of referee mistakes -- but it is really closely tied to your phrasing.

The most blatant thing was the Ned-Brasil where quite EVERY judgement was wrong. Ok, at least it was not obviously biased this time around but hurting all the same. I was even wondering if the actual referee was member of the "pro video-refereeing" camp and made it deliberately to break the long-standing resistance.

The feed was really good showing all cases from 3 angles so everyone behind the screen knew about every false fall and deliberate kick -- also what was or was not offside or who touched the ball last time. Except those making the ruling.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    The most blatant thing was the Ned-Brasil where quite EVERY judgement was wrong. Ok, at least it was not obviously biased this time around but hurting all the same. I was even wondering if the actual referee was member of the "pro video-refereeing" camp and made it deliberately to break the long-standing resistance.
    Not biased?

Felt more like the referee having been instructed to go easy on Brasil and give them a fighting chance against the Netherlands to prevent another steamroller like the match against Germany and prevent further harm to the already bruised ego of the hosting country. Seriously; Brasil should've had atleast three red cards pulled on them that were not pulled. First one was instead a penalty that got the Netherlands a goal (sweet irony; then again, an extended match against the Dutch with a team of only 10 from the get-go would've probably pulverized Brasil). Second against knocking a damned hole in Kuyt's head with an elbow. (Seriously? How did those kind of dangerous antics not result in even a yellow card?) Third pulling down Robben when he had passed all other players and was in clear sight of the goalie. Any physical contact at that point should, afaik, result in a red card.
  • Unknown
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:
    Not biased?

Felt more like the referee having been instructed to go easy on Brasil and give them a fighting chance against the Netherlands to prevent another steamroller like the match against Germany and prevent further harm to the already bruised ego of the hosting country. Seriously; Brasil should've had atleast three red cards pulled on them that were not pulled. First one was instead a penalty that got the Netherlands a goal (sweet irony; then again, an extended match against the Dutch with a team of only 10 from the get-go would've probably pulverized Brasil). Second against knocking a damned hole in Kuyt's head with an elbow. (Seriously? How did those kind of dangerous antics not result in even a yellow card?) Third pulling down Robben when he had passed all other players and was in clear sight of the goalie. Any physical contact at that point should, afaik, result in a red card.

In the *other* games with Brazil the ref was seriously biased to them, pretty one-sided. In this one, yes all yuo write happened but similarly serious mistakes were made for the other side. We can start right on the penalty with the 1st goal that should be a red+free kick outside the 16m. And the second goal was made from an offside. And I'm sure we could find at least 10 mistakes in Neds favor without much effort. It really felt like every single stop of the game meant another opposite ruling.

The other thing caused me serious pain was the extended path-ups on the field. Instead of immediately taking the players off the field and resurrect them while the game continues. I'm sure it was not that excessive in previous WCs.

(my last offtopic here, honest, we can move to the WC thread)
  • Unknown
    Options
    At the risk of getting on-topic. I will be tendering my resignation to wyp and nemek. MPQ is simply too time-sensitive and time-consuming if you want to be competitive. Do not be mistaken, the pressure is from within and not from anyone in the alliance. I am just too competitive for my own good. I need to quit (or at least scale back) this game so I can concentrate on other stuff (like other games).

I would like to say thanks to Trey9 and Dead Alliance for giving me a first shot in a 20men alliance.
    Thanks to Pucco and A-Force for growing my game and getting #6 in the first ever season. (and char siew, never forget char siew).
    And of course, my SHIELDBros (and sis) for bringing me into the top alliance in the game. Sure was fun terrorising the LRs with you all.
    To the forum in general, thanks too. It was mostly good, some bad, but sure is getting uglier.
    In my 221 days in the game, I still remained completely F2P, not a single cent was spent. And I have achieved two #1 out of the three seasons, plenty of LR, NHB, PVP, PVE wins. 9 maxed characters. Made plenty of friends and no foe (i hope).

I am laoahpeh. And I am a MPQ addict.
  • Unknown
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    At the risk of getting on-topic. I will be tendering my resignation to wyp and nemek. MPQ is simply too time-sensitive and time-consuming if you want to be competitive. Do not be mistaken, the pressure is from within and not from anyone in the alliance. I am just too competitive for my own good. I need to quit (or at least scale back) this game so I can concentrate on other stuff (like other games).

I would like to say thanks to Trey9 and Dead Alliance for giving me a first shot in a 20men alliance.
    Thanks to Pucco and A-Force for growing my game and getting #6 in the first ever season. (and char siew, never forget char siew).
    And of course, my SHIELDBros (and sis) for bringing me into the top alliance in the game. Sure was fun terrorising the LRs with you all.
    To the forum in general, thanks too. It was mostly good, some bad, but sure is getting uglier.
    In my 221 days in the game, I still remained completely F2P, not a single cent was spent. And I have achieved two #1 out of the three seasons, plenty of LR, NHB, PVP, PVE wins. 9 maxed characters. Made plenty of friends and no foe (i hope).

You will be missed lao icon_e_smile.gif You are one of the finest mpq players i've come across in terms of skill, charsiew and other miscellaneous thingy. icon_lol.gif

Wishing you all the best in life, work and other gaming life!

Cheers!
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:

You will be missed and you have been nothing but classy. Also, grats on rocking our bracket. It was an honor to finish a not so close second to you, haha.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Rock on lao~
  • Unknown
    Options
    Fantastic playing and chatting with you, Laoahpeh.

I guess playing others games is your...

[Caruso] ...Destiny. [/Caruso]