KRAKADUMB! - July 11-13 - Season III

Options

Comments

• Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Clearly, the metrics from Season 1 show that everyone loves playing Ragnarok and Loki.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    I have to thank the devs for supporting me in my decision to play more casually and conserve HP this season. I was worried I'd give in to temptation, but near-complete lack of tempting rewards all month ensured that I was able to cut my play time in half (the healing nerf helped) and that I bought a grand total of two shields all season (both when I was going for Falcon covers). If they keep this up in future seasons, I may never have buy HP again, yay!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Rusalka wrote:
    I have to thank the devs for supporting me in my decision to play more casually and conserve HP this season. I was worried I'd give in to temptation, but near-complete lack of tempting rewards all month ensured that I was able to cut my play time in half (the healing nerf helped) and that I bought a grand total of two shields all season (both when I was going for Falcon covers). If they keep this up in future seasons, I may never have buy HP again, yay!

Yeah, since true healing started I haven't spent a dime (after dropping at least a couple hundred over the first 5-6 months I played). I play about 1/3 as much and never shield anymore. It def helps that there hasn't been a single worthwhile character given out except for the Falcom covers. I happy just getting a top 100 and one **** cover for a character I'll never use anyway.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think I got more useful covers out of the 10 pack then out of the actual rewards this season.

Guess that's one way to make the uncertainty more fun than the certain.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Thanks to this event I finally got my chance to kill a Fury icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:

Get used to it. You'll be seeing a lot of them from higher level guys icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:

Get used to it. You'll be seeing a lot of them from higher level guys icon_e_biggrin.gif

You misspelled paying. icon_lol.gif
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Yeah that was the weird thing when i looked at the rest of his roster - it was Fury (L209), Patch (L166), Hood (L125) and then no one over level 90. No 1 or 2*s at all.

Just seemed like an odd way to spend your resources. But it's not my money so I don't care icon_e_wink.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cragger wrote:
    Clearly, the metrics from Season 1 show that everyone loves playing Ragnarok and Loki.

I did enjoy playing them, actually. icon_e_smile.gif The buff makes them high level enough to be useful or at least not drop dead in a hurry. Loki acted as a meat shield to extend OBW's playing time, occasionally even busted out Trickery and Illusions when I was in a tight spot, then when he took a powder, I switched to the loaner.

Ditto for Rags to ThorNow, plus Rags converts red directly to green for similar damage and lower cost than Thor.

Overall I just like having a team of 3 functional characters rather than loaner+2. I mix up my teams for synergy with the featured character as far as possible.

Though, that's also why I'm desperately short on iso now. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phew, got to 1105 and shielded up just in time to avoid two 40 point losses.
    Had a few 40 pointers queued up from last night, right now it's slim pickings out there past 900.

Tried to avoid hitting people who looked like they were going for progression milestones.

I'm starting to appreciate my deep roster down the stretch. UDaken/Sentry/LT/Patchneto plus 5 HP usually gets me from 700 to 1100 in one go, with a couple of ISO-buyable boosts down the stretch.

Hit me if you got me, I'm done with PVP for the season.
    Onwards to shield training *sigh*
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welp in a bracket with Naz, way too easy, sauce, mohio, and I'm sure even more hidden further down. Not even going to bother pretending to go for top 5. Nice to not have to worry about spending HP on a shield though icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Welp in a bracket with Naz, way too easy, sauce, mohio, and I'm sure even more hidden further down. Not even going to bother pretending to go for top 5. Nice to not have to worry about spending HP on a shield though icon_mrgreen.gif

So Spoit is in my bracket too.. Bracket of semi-doom is on..! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As it seems ive irked some guys around here (dont be so sensitive icon_e_biggrin.gif ).. I ve decided to go p2w.. Already more than 1k hp burnt.. Shielding and boosting my way up.. Its pretty lame i must say.. My last time playing that way.. No fun.. No excitement.. If thats all that is left to me in this game.. Im ready to step down..
  • Unknown
    Options
    This event is a snooze. Going through 10k hit points of useless Rags meatshield every fight is super boring, and the fact that he makes every other red/green character useless on defense doesn't help when you're picking a team. It's like a Hulk LR that forgot to end. At least my bracket seems to care as little as I do. I'm in 8th with 500 points. Wake me up when it's over. Zzzzz.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    My bracket is pretty lazy too but I'm getting dinged constantly.

I'm tempted to get close to 500 and just shield out for the end of the season and concentrate on SHIELD training instead.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:

You misspelled paying. icon_lol.gif

Haha yes. Obviously to use him soon you'll have to pay for covers + iso. But as many people have already invested that into him it's safe to say you'll be seeing him icon_e_smile.gif

I'm waiting to see if there's a chance to win the covers.
  • Unknown
    Options

Haha yes. Obviously to use him soon you'll have to pay for covers + iso. But as many people have already invested that into him it's safe to say you'll be seeing him icon_e_smile.gif

I'm waiting to see if there's a chance to win the covers.

Same. Although if he does show up as progression and 1st place rewards, brackets will be ugly again for a while.
    I have enough HP to buy him some covers, but not enough stockpiled ISO to make it worth doing. Although since I've now got Daken/Sentry/LTHor/Patch all maxed... there's really no one I want to spend ISO on (Hood I guess, he's at 12/13 covers), so saving for Fury might be good.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shielded until the end at 832 and #2.
    It's not a high score but it seems I am in a lazy bracket. Maybe I could have a chance for top5?
    While most here aren't interested in IM40 covers I still need some red ones icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ha! Played until 300 for the token reward (yay 2* Wolverine!), then realized that they were giving out IM40 yellow as the lower reward. If he wasn't bad enough they choose the one color that is worse than useless, it's the one most people are trying to avoid. I already have his yellow at 2 and can't/won't add any more. Time to tank a few matches.

BTW, it's been about two months since I got a 3 star cover off a heroic or event token. Really inspires me to keep playing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Made it to 1000 for the first time in quite awhile. icon_cool.gif

Of course, that means I hope that's enough for 5th because there are at least 4 X-Men in my bracket. icon_lol.gif

/learned today that Patchneto isn't really that hard to beat. Who knew?

Seeing LDaken makes me hit the skip button still, though.