KRAKADUMB! - July 11-13 - Season III

Options

Comments

• Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5 more minutes until we're all super disappointed about the garbage covers we're gonna be playing for! Or for others, super excited that they don't have to waste their time with the KRAKADUMBDERP....duldore....doom....whatever he sucks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IM40. NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    IRON MAN BAH HAH HAH HAAAAHHHHH
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well trolled, d3p. Well trolled.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Eh, I still need a couple of reds.

If one ever needs IM40 covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'll probably respec, for at least the second time, though I"m starting to just accept he's a borderline useless character. I think I'd rate him as the least useful 3* at this point - I'm not sure Daredevil's even in the bottom five anymore.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'll probably respec, for at least the second time, though I"m starting to just accept he's a borderline useless character. I think I'd rate him as the least useful 3* at this point - I'm not sure Daredevil's even in the bottom five anymore.

His yellow is useful at level 1 or 2, but man... ugh.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, at least this means I can start off S4 strong with an IM40 tourney and maybe get a cover I actually want.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I got way more use out of IM40 in his recent Heroic than I did out of Bagdevil in his. Because if I got off a Recharge it was pretty much game over. Now granted I have my IM40 perma-**** at 5/5/2 and all the AP from recharge was going to HT and CStorm, not IM40's **** overpriced nukes, but still. Other than comic relief you can't rely on Bagdevil for anything. Sometimes he's a hero. Sometimes he's a zero. Flip a coin.

In any case, these rewards are just more excuse for me to snooze through the end of the season. I'll go up to 800 for the HP and I'll be done. Wake me up when season 4 starts. Zzzzzz.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    I got way more use out of IM40 in his recent Heroic than I did out of Bagdevil in his. Because if I got off a Recharge it was pretty much game over. Now granted I have my IM40 perma-**** at 5/5/2 and all the AP from recharge was going to HT and CStorm, not IM40's **** overpriced nukes, but still. Other than comic relief you can't rely on Bagdevil for anything. Sometimes he's a hero. Sometimes he's a zero. Flip a coin.

There's an art to using Daredevil, and once I figured it out he got a lot more reliable. I've been using him in the recent PVE, unbuffed, and he's killed Juggernaut, Sentry, and Ares more times than I can count. And his stun is pretty easy to get triggered too.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    In my infinite wisdom I applied a third yellow cover for TinMan 40 ages ago and have regretted it since. OTOH I never leveled him much; he's literally a one-trick yellow pony. I have a 2/5/3 IM 40 and another spare one at 0/0/1 which was of great use during Heroic Juggernaut. He could not feed blue to cStorm but he was still uber-buffed to the point of being a viable tank EVEN at one cover and he could feed red to Torch.

I should ditch the 3 yellow one, right? I will do that anyway since he's that horrible and unusable, just need community reassurance icon_e_biggrin.gif Honestly, who ever uses his red/blue?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I regret so much giving IM40 that third yellow. He was almost fun as a battery but no one likes an inefficient battery. I will sell my **** IM40 and start a new one (once I get a new yellow cover) if you will icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    IM40 rewards? Guess we get another 9-day Heroic next.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I should ditch the 3 yellow one, right? I will do that anyway since he's that horrible and unusable, just need community reassurance icon_e_biggrin.gif Honestly, who ever uses his red/blue?

Yes, sell it. Kill it with fire. Anything, just make the sucking stop! icon_razz.gif

And I use his red sometimes as a finishing move, usually in hero LRs, usually when there's a better and/or cheaper alternative, and usually for no practical reason other than I think it's kind of funny. Does that count? No, I guess it doesn't.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    There's an art to using Daredevil, and once I figured it out he got a lot more reliable. I've been using him in the recent PVE, unbuffed, and he's killed Juggernaut, Sentry, and Ares more times than I can count. And his stun is pretty easy to get triggered too.

You should teach a class on The Art of Daredeviling 001, because I'm pretty sure most of us need to start at the remedial level. I'm in for like 25 HP. I like learning new things, doubly so when crotch kicking is involved. icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

You should teach a class on The Art of Daredeviling 001, because I'm pretty sure most of us need to start at the remedial level. I'm in for like 25 HP. I like learning new things, doubly so when crotch kicking is involved. icon_razz.gif

A few things that help:
    1. Make sure there are red matches on the board (or blue or environmental if you're using his blue or purple)
    2. A match-4 that knocks out a tile will set off the trap, so reds there are useful too. One trick is to use Magneto's blue to set up a blue match-4 aimed at the trap.
    3. If most or all of the red is scattered, wait. If you can eliminate the scattered red tiles, do.
    4. It's worth spending a turn or two getting a trap into position
    5. A few character (Juggernaut for one) will almost always match red if available and are particularly easy targets. Same for blue (e.g., C. Storm or OBW).
    6. Don't use him against Daken, Doom, or Astonishing Wolverine.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    6. Don't use him against Daken, Doom, or Astonishing Wolverine.
    Or against Juggernaut, modern Storm, Ragnarok, Psylocke, Human Torch, etc, etc. Basically just don't use him unless you have run out of things to do.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    In my infinite wisdom I applied a third yellow cover for TinMan 40 ages ago and have regretted it since. OTOH I never leveled him much; he's literally a one-trick yellow pony. I have a 2/5/3 IM 40 and another spare one at 0/0/1 which was of great use during Heroic Juggernaut. He could not feed blue to cStorm but he was still uber-buffed to the point of being a viable tank EVEN at one cover and he could feed red to Torch.

I actually get to use his blue often. I have him at 2 yellow and pair him up with patch and whomever is buffed. I don't have a strong Falcon so 9 yellows and 1 red= TBTI where patch controls the board icon_e_surprised.gif Once he is out of his stun I usually have enough blue and green to destroy the remaing to players is blue does massive damage like BP black. Might not work on Defense but I can ususally get 3-4 wins before I need to switch teams.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    grimeon wrote:
    Well, at least this means I can start off S4 strong with an IM40 tourney and maybe get a cover I actually want.

Don't get your hopes up. I wouldn't be surprised if we get Loki or some tinykitty like that again. And then the embers on the boards will probably flare up on Sunday night when we find out.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Jdberia wrote:
    grimeon wrote:

Don't get your hopes up. I wouldn't be surprised if we get Loki or some tinykitty like that again. And then the embers on the boards will probably flare up on Sunday night when we find out.

But then that means I can win the next event, then use those covers to win the next event, then...

Okay, maybe I need help.