X-men have individuals playing multiple accounts

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I am Zero wrote:
    Who cares anymore? So what if they get the top scores? Like Northern Polarity says, if they are spending double or triple the amount of money it takes for one player to get the same scores, who is it hurting? If they are p2w, then there's nothing you can do to stop that. D3 certainly doesn't want them to stop paying them, so if the x-men are playing within the rules of the game, then so be it. If I had all that money, I'd just spend it on HP and ISO, even if the ISO exchange rate is terrible. It'd stop me from having to put so much effort into getting top scores since the point of the top scores is to get the ISO and HP and covers.

I get that you are tired of seeing the x-men in the top 10 all the time, but it should be about how you play and how you strengthen your roster and your team synergy, not about anyone else.

As far as cheating goes, is it cheating if people tank? Was it cheating when people healed in prologue? No, because that's part of the game. People use what they are given to help them play. So if multiple accounts on multiple devices are held by a single person and that is allowed, then no one is to blame except for d3.

I'll say this, we need to stop having threads like this one, when we all know this a matter for cs, not forum.

Secondly, the problem with them spending so much is that no one honestly believe anyone would spend that much. I hope one of the tools used by cs to catch cheaters includes verifying HP spent was either won or purchased legitimately. However, they have stated repeatedly they will not tell us their methods for catching cheaters, which goes back to my original point, it's time to stop having these threads. The moderators have enough real (free) work to do without having to mess with these posts. We're all frustrated with certain players/alliances, but there are other ways to air these grievances without calling out players.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There isnt anything in the terms and conditions that explicitly prevents someone from having two accounts on two different devices right?

Are there any Terms? I can't find anything anywhere. There have to be, otherwise they'd be begging for a lawsuit, but hell if I can figure out where they hid the document that we all theoretically signed.
  • I_am_Zero
    I_am_Zero Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    I would be pretty upset if my team was ranked #11 and I missed a better reward cause a team was playing unethically. evidently, you do not care & that is fine. But there are people that this impacts. In the doom pvp, it was "5deadlysparta". They got lower rewards as a result. That is a shame for them.
    I've been on the receiving end of missing rewards by 1 place so I know what it's like to not get something when putting in the time and effort. At the same time, I didn't put in any money and I didn't put in MORE time and effort than the people ahead of me. Either that, or I didn't understand how rubberbanding would affect the scores, or I didn't shield hop effectively, or WHATEVER it was that landed me 1 place lower than I would have liked. But if the people ahead of me used the game mechanics to their advantage, then they deserved the win.

Would it be unethical of me to tank to get a better score? Would it be unethical of me to buy HP and shield hop my way to 1st? Would it be unethical of me to use true healers against your team of non healers? Would it be unethical of me to set up the board so that the AI would pick a 4 match environment that they don't need instead of the 3 match green that they do need? Where is your line drawn in the sand of ethics? As long as I have more knowledge in how a system works and the loopholes that are there, does that mean I am less ethical than you when I use the game to my advantage?

Ethics doesn't mean anything in a game like this. Will it win you friends if you screw someone over while playing the same game that they do? No, but you have the same chances they do to use the same mechanics they do to get you the points that you want. If you don't want to put in that effort, then don't complain when they do. I tried to run 2 accounts, it was more boring than playing 1 account. I stopped after a week. People who have multiple accounts have to play 2/3/4 times as much as you do, so they're obviously putting in the effort. Should they not get the rewards for their effort because you find it unethical?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Or how about this? Maybe vision doesn't have a forum account and had the other guy post for him. And just maybe there's nothing going on at all (again) and we just have some dude blowing smoke out his **** for no reason (again).
  • I_am_Zero
    I_am_Zero Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    I'll say this, we need to stop having threads like this one, when we all know this a matter for cs, not forum.

Secondly, the problem with them spending so much is that no one honestly believe anyone would spend that much. I hope one of the tools used by cs to catch cheaters includes verifying HP spent was either won or purchased legitimately. However, they have stated repeatedly they will not tell us their methods for catching cheaters, which goes back to my original point, it's time to stop having these threads. The moderators have enough real (free) work to do without having to mess with these posts. We're all frustrated with certain players/alliances, but there are other ways to air these grievances without calling out players.

Are you sure about that? I just read that someone has spent roughly $6000 on this game just for ISO. It's not hard to imagine a group of people with money to burn joining 1 alliance and each person spending $100 week on this game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    A wizard did it!
  • Unknown
    Options
    A LOT of people have one IAP account and one F2P account.

As for ethical ramifications, it's pretty much inevitable that someone will use multiple accounts to exploit d3p's stupid scoring system, and "rules" against it are also pretty much completely unenforceable, so it's is very much in the category of "don't hate the player, hate the game."
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Given the time needed to perform "correctly", I just wonder if these guys ever eat, sleep, work or LIVE...

I'm in awe and at a loss for words.

All that to prove people like us that they are the best ?

I see nothing wrong with having several accounts UNLESS they hit each other constantly on PvPs with the shield/unshield system. That is cheating indeed.

CS will be able to determine if one account is Steam and the other one Android/iOS.

And I thought I was excessive about this game...

My initial reaction to the exploitation of game mechanics is that it's cheating however it is my understanding that Demiurge does not regard the exploitation of game mechanics as cheating. In fact it seems to be well understood that players can take advantage of any and all exploits until they remove access to it.
    No surprise considering people can cheat for entire seasons before anything is done about it
  • ragthor
    ragthor Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    if they do have a guy using two accounts whats the big deal???? i am not part of 5dv anymore nor am i part of xmen i am just curious why its a problem that he has two accounts? hes just wasting more of his own life away right??? lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    Or how about this? Maybe vision doesn't have a forum account and had the other guy post for him. And just maybe there's nothing going on at all (again) and we just have some dude blowing smoke out his **** for no reason (again).
    For first part, I don't think registering a forum account is that HARD, like harder than borrowing an account. Even if it's true, I feel sorry for both of them.
    For second part, you should sniff around yourself, and be honest. Never go full XMEN. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Grazzt wrote:
    For first part, I don't think registering a forum account is that HARD, like harder than borrowing an account. Even if it's true, I feel sorry for both of them.
    For second part, you should sniff around yourself, and be honest. Never go full XMEN. icon_rolleyes.gif

Hey look! I can down vote your posts for no reason also!
    Let's try to grow up a little now, children.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This post is funny, after speaking to Nazerith about this he replied, spccraim posted for vision because he didn't have a forum account. d3 is slow on resolving forum athentication issues.

Next all these theories about cheating, hacking, and multiple accounts;

Cheating\hacking- well with all the witch hunting u think D3 would have banned someone by now. The reason it hasn't happend is because we are legit.

multiple accounts- lets explore this theroy. If one had multiple accounts, to hop off yourself that would be pure genius if it wasn't economically moronic. When you know the second each 5DV member post unsheilding in battlechat, its easy enough to find great targets, so wasting twice as much hp \ time to bounce off yourself is not the playstyle we need to use.

I know everyone wants to hate the X-men, but if it wasn't the X-men it would be 5DV, and if not them it would be whoever else was number one. Think about this, what has the X-men ever said about your alliance? You all see some of our members as hostile or irrational, well if you woke up every day to 30 new attacks and -50 rep because people just wanted to because they could rising to the higher ground would become tiresome. Just to prove the point Nazerith has not posted in a month and if you look his name is still slandered left and right on a daily baises. You can say some of his post where extreme but noneone knows everthing that brought him to the point of not carring what the people here thought. You can only kick people so much till they kick back, and pointing fingers and rehashing who said what first is not what we are trying to get at. The point is the community could treat each other a lot better than what it does, from all angles. Posts like these do not help, it just brings more chaos.
  • Unknown
    Options
    thefated1 wrote:
    Cheating\hacking- well with all the witch hunting u think D3 would have banned someone by now. The reason it hasn't happend is because we are legit.
    It took D3 two seasons to get rid of Watercat icon_rolleyes.gif
    thefated1 wrote:
    Think about this, what has the X-men ever said about your alliance? You all see some of our members as hostile or irrational, well if you woke up every day to 30 new attacks and -50 rep because people just wanted to because they could rising to the higher ground would become tiresome. Just to prove the point Nazerith has not posted in a month and if you look his name is still slandered left and right on a daily baises. You can say some of his post where extreme but noneone knows everthing that brought him to the point of not carring what the people here thought. You can only kick people so much till they kick back, and pointing fingers and rehashing who said what first is not what we are trying to get at. The point is the community could treat each other a lot better than what it does, from all angles. Posts like these do not help, it just brings more chaos.
    Don't most x-men are forbidden to post on forums by Naz? And didn't Naz get banned so he CAN'T post ? Man, you don't know all of these? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Let's try to grow up a little now, children.
    That would be nice but I think you're going to be disappointed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Don't most x-men are forbidden to post on forums by Naz? And didn't Naz get banned so he CAN'T post ? Man, you don't know all of these? icon_e_surprised.gif[/quote]

My point still stands that he hasnt posted and is still being personally attacked. The forbidding that your talking about was only in referrance to a certain post that was flaming the x-men and Naz had said he didnt want anyone in the alliance to post in order to keep things from getting chaotic and into a back and forth war between people.

You stating Naz is banned and the x-men generally dont post just supports the fact there is no reason for these personal attacks/ attacks on the x-men to be happening. So thank you for supporting that.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    edit: it may not be against the terms of agreement as Northern Polarity wrote. My internet research shows a mixed record of this but most every game ToA that I saw stated that only one account could be played at a time. Tho in this game, that is easy to get around. This practice, however, is pretty classless

I've never seen a game actually enforce the single acount rule even when it was there. I imagine it's just boilerplate that gets copy/pasted from other T&Cs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    thefated1 wrote:
    I know everyone wants to hate the X-men, but if it wasn't the X-men it would be 5DV, and if not them it would be whoever else was number one.

Counterpoint: recorded history

When it was SHIELD nobody hated them, and when it was 5DV there was some grumbling about alliance swapping but on the whole nobody hated them

Suck it up and admit to yourself that the X-Men's bad rep didn't come from us, it came from them.
  • Knyghtmare
    Knyghtmare Posts: 71
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    thefated1 wrote:
    I know everyone wants to hate the X-men, but if it wasn't the X-men it would be 5DV, and if not them it would be whoever else was number one.

When it was SHIELD nobody hated them, and when it was 5DV there was some grumbling about alliance swapping but on the whole nobody hated them

Suck it up and admit to yourself that the X-Men's bad rep didn't come from us, it came from them.

Weeeeeeelllllllll, I remember people and alliances accusing S.H.I.E.L.D. of cheating. Same with 5DV. I'm not saying the X-Men are or aren't (not getting involved in that clusterfuck), but when an alliance wins often and gets too powerful, the accusations start flying.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Knyghtmare wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    thefated1 wrote:

Weeeeeeelllllllll, I remember people and alliances accusing S.H.I.E.L.D. of cheating. Same with 5DV. I'm not saying the X-Men are or aren't (not getting involved in that tinykitty), but when an alliance wins often and gets too powerful, the accusations start flying.
    I honestly don't, and I'm pretty active on the forums.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thefated1 wrote:
    This post is funny, after speaking to Nazerith about this he replied, spccraim posted for vision because he didn't have a forum account. d3 is slow on resolving forum athentication issues.
    Clearly they aren't slow enough, if they still haven't even put token measures in to make it take even a smidgen of work to make spam accounts, even when multiple mods have pointed out simple modifications to phpBB that would take only a few minutes to impliment