X-men have individuals playing multiple accounts

Options
Unknown
edited July 2014 in Off Topic
So there is guy in X-men who made the post i have in the first picture below. He goes by spccrain (name he posted under) & vi5ion (name he claims for himself after changing from klingsor). This can be clearly seen in the post pictured here

Badger_post.jpg

You will notice that vi5ion is a commander in X-men 3 in the following photo

Xmen_3_roster.jpg

again please notice that spccrain is a commander in The X-men 4 from the following photo

Xmen_4_roster.jpg

The post was clearly written by the person whose name the account is under "Hi, I am klingsor modern" so that means he is not using someone else's board account to write this. What it means is that he plays multiple accounts. Both for The X-men, the kings of shield hopping on themselves. Literally in this case.

I hope that IceX & the other devs on here see this and investigate further. Checking the IP addresses & device ID & if the devices are jailbroken (which can be seen & which allow for cloned apps, spoofed IP addresses & spoofed device IDs). Clearly The X-men are sponsoring this relaxed view to the terms of agreement in this game.
Additionally the mods on here should keep an eye on all their posts because this is very troubling

edit: it may not be against the terms of agreement as Northern Polarity wrote. My internet research shows a mixed record of this but most every game ToA that I saw stated that only one account could be played at a time. Tho in this game, that is easy to get around. This practice, however, is pretty classless

Comments

• Breakking
    Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    And the plot thickens....
  • Unknown
    Options
    kakko and flo98 ?
  • Breakking
    Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    This is like a Scooby Doo mystery here

Who going to solve it first?

Fred, Velma and Daphne

Or

Shaggy and Scooby

I'll bet Old Man Withers has the multiple accounts
  • Unknown
    Options
    Breakking wrote:
    This is like a Scooby Doo mystery here

Who going to solve it first?

Fred, Velma and Daphne

Or

Shaggy and Scooby

I'll bet Old Man Withers has the multiple accounts
    But I thought the butler always did it!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hmm.. this also a good time to re-visit this?

CKpNG3m.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have A LOT MORE evidence of their malfeasance. I am waiting on CS to resolve the issue or I will share it all on here. I promised CS in my ticket that I would give them a week which will be tuesday if I remember right. So one way or another, tuesday night will be eventful
    Sorry I can't say more now but that is what I promised in my CS ticket
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There isnt anything in the terms and conditions that explicitly prevents someone from having two accounts on two different devices right? While i personally cant justify spending double the hp having two accounts shield hop each other (hell, i dont even shield hop period), if someone wants to spend the money to do so then its up to them. Not like d3 is going to do anything about it when that guy is buying double the hp anyways.

Edit: After what weve learned from the previous cs tickets, i think its safe to conclude that the x-men just have wallet lined with cash. They are the pure embodiment of p2w, but it doesnt mean that theyre a bunch of cheaters since everything they do is legitimate and just involves a lot of cash, so we shouldnt really start a witch hunt everytime we learn of another one of their "exploits" (unless of course, owning multiple accounts is against the rules which i highly doubt).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Didn't one of their guys (Kakko) come on here recently and talk about how he was 3 of the different profiles on their team?

It's not against the game rules but certainly does explain a lot of the coordination between various accounts.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Given the time needed to perform "correctly", I just wonder if these guys ever eat, sleep, work or LIVE...

I'm in awe and at a loss for words.

All that to prove people like us that they are the best ?

I see nothing wrong with having several accounts UNLESS they hit each other constantly on PvPs with the shield/unshield system. That is cheating indeed.

CS will be able to determine if one account is Steam and the other one Android/iOS.

And I thought I was excessive about this game...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Why does this even matter?
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Given the time needed to perform "correctly", I just wonder if these guys ever eat, sleep, work or LIVE...

I'm in awe and at a loss for words.

All that to prove people like us that they are the best ?

I see nothing wrong with having several accounts UNLESS they hit each other constantly on PvPs with the shield/unshield system. That is cheating indeed.

CS will be able to determine if one account is Steam and the other one Android/iOS.

And I thought I was excessive about this game...

My initial reaction to the exploitation of game mechanics is that it's cheating however it is my understanding that Demiurge does not regard the exploitation of game mechanics as cheating. In fact it seems to be well understood that players can take advantage of any and all exploits until they remove access to it.
  • Unknown
    Options

The issue is that someone believe's it's unethical, or worse. On some level I agree, however the way the game is played it should be understood that it's okay.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have A LOT MORE evidence of their malfeasance. I am waiting on CS to resolve the issue or I will share it all on here. I promised CS in my ticket that I would give them a week which will be tuesday if I remember right. So one way or another, tuesday night will be eventful
    Sorry I can't say more now but that is what I promised in my CS ticket

You are like the Snowden of MPQ. Waiting anxiously for the leak. icon_e_wink.gif
  • I_am_Zero
    I_am_Zero Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Who cares anymore? So what if they get the top scores? Like Northern Polarity says, if they are spending double or triple the amount of money it takes for one player to get the same scores, who is it hurting? If they are p2w, then there's nothing you can do to stop that. D3 certainly doesn't want them to stop paying them, so if the x-men are playing within the rules of the game, then so be it. If I had all that money, I'd just spend it on HP and ISO, even if the ISO exchange rate is terrible. It'd stop me from having to put so much effort into getting top scores since the point of the top scores is to get the ISO and HP and covers.

I get that you are tired of seeing the x-men in the top 10 all the time, but it should be about how you play and how you strengthen your roster and your team synergy, not about anyone else.

As far as cheating goes, is it cheating if people tank? Was it cheating when people healed in prologue? No, because that's part of the game. People use what they are given to help them play. So if multiple accounts on multiple devices are held by a single person and that is allowed, then no one is to blame except for d3.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:

The issue is that someone believe's it's unethical, or worse. On some level I agree, however the way the game is played it should be understood that it's okay.

agreed Bugpop
    i find it unethical at a minimum because of the nature of how shield hops work. This has a side effect of limiting time for any one account to be unshielded since one person can coordinate both to do 1 attack shield hops off of controlled accounts. Again its an exploit the devs have left open & all exploits are generally considered to be usable. I do find it troubling that top teams do it though for the ethical reasons.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am Zero wrote:
    Who cares anymore? So what if they get the top scores? Like Northern Polarity says, if they are spending double or triple the amount of money it takes for one player to get the same scores, who is it hurting? If they are p2w, then there's nothing you can do to stop that. D3 certainly doesn't want them to stop paying them, so if the x-men are playing within the rules of the game, then so be it. If I had all that money, I'd just spend it on HP and ISO, even if the ISO exchange rate is terrible. It'd stop me from having to put so much effort into getting top scores since the point of the top scores is to get the ISO and HP and covers.

I get that you are tired of seeing the x-men in the top 10 all the time, but it should be about how you play and how you strengthen your roster and your team synergy, not about anyone else.

I would be pretty upset if my team was ranked #11 and I missed a better reward cause a team was playing unethically. evidently, you do not care & that is fine. But there are people that this impacts. In the doom pvp, it was "5deadlysparta". They got lower rewards as a result. That is a shame for them.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was, and still am, under the impression that muliple accounts is allowed. Also, I have not seen anything definite that states one person can have ONLY one account. However, if this in not correct I would very much like to know. I play one account on my tablet and a second on my phone.

I have put a LOT of time and money into my game. I have every character available, as well as several duplicates. **(also, quick side note, is it true you can only have a max of 100 roster slots?)** I funded an entire 20 man alliance myself as well as countless sheilds and covers and hp. I do not want to lose all of that just because I over looked a rule about prohibiting second accounts on different devices.

The one on my phone has about 30 characters, zero of them maxed. I have not put much time in that one. So if having more than one account is not allowed, I can just delete that one. I just use it in places where my tablet is too big, or noticeable anyway.

So if anyone knows for sure about multiple accounts or even where to look to find it myself, I would appreciate any advice.

JJ
  • Unknown
    Options
    That brings up an interesting question, why doesn't mpq have a ToA?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've pretty much lost all faith in D3 being able to maintain a good competitive environment. I wish they'd stop with the wierd game changes and just give us some fun new (possibly non-competitive) game modes.

Healing wasn't completely lame, just the 2 characters who had it. Spidey was lame and obw was overused. We needed more variety and more interesting powers/colours. Instead they give us 20 red/green DPS characters. I think the change is actually good for the game, but still, why?

Level increase... covers are the biggest drawback, not levels. I keep my completely covered Hood underlevelled for a reason; lvl50 M.Storm destroys lvl200+ henchies; etc. A good welcome change but again, why?

It may sound like this post is off-topic, but my point is that D3 will prolly do something pointless to try to combat the cheaters instead of trying to make the game actually fun for the rest of us.

They keep changing scaling, rubberbanding, bracket nudging, mmr, etc every single event. Is it really necessary to spend so much time obsessing over these things? The game was fun back in December during the Hulk event, and imo it still is fun, but it progressed in a lot of odd directions. 6 months to nerf Spidey? Common.

And multiple accounts is fine if only because it's not able to be effectively stopped. They'd just go back to manipulating brackets with friends/alliance mates.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In the time it has taken to do all this.....