Human Torch (Johnny Storm) - 2*

Breakking
Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
edited January 2015 in MPQ Character Discussion
icon_humantorch.pngHuman Torch (Johnny Storm) - 2*
Damage, Health and Other Statistics

Fireball
Power Cost - 8 redtile.png

Johnny hurls a fistful of flame, torching the opponent and blisters the battlefield.

Character Level 15:
    Power Level 1 - Deals 178 damage, destroys 2 random redtile.png and increases the team's redtile.png by 2.
    Power Level 2 - 196 damage.
    Power Level 3 - 214 damage.
    Power Level 4 - 249 damage.
    Power Level 5 - 320 damage.

Character Level 94:
      Power Level 3 - Deals 1103 damage, destroys 2 random redtile.png and increases the team's redtile.png by 2.
      Power Level 4 - 1287 damage.
      Power Level 5 - 1654 damage.

Inferno
      Power Cost - 10 blacktile.png

Eager to impress, the Human Torch erupts into flame, scorching the opponent but disrupting his team.

Character Level 15:
        Power Level 1 - Changes up to 8 basic color tiles into (12 strength) attack.png, but decreases the team's bluetile.png, purpletile.png and yellowtile.png by 30%.
        Power Level 2 - 14 strength attack.png.
        Power Level 3 - 17 strength attack.png.
        Power Level 4 - 19 strength attack.png.
        Power Level 5 - 22 strength attack.png.

Character Level 94:
          Power Level 3 - Changes up to 8 basic color tiles into (85 strength) attack.png, but decreases the team's bluetile.png, purpletile.png and yellowtile.png by 30%.
          Power Level 4 - 98 strength attack.png.
          Power Level 5 - 110 strength attack.png.

Flame Jet
          Power Cost - 5 greentile.png

The Human Torch channels a deadly stream of flaming plasma.

Character Level 15:
            Power Level 1 - Changes a random greentile.png into a recurring 1 turn greentile.pngcountdown.png that deals 14 damage for each of up to 9 of the team’s greentile.png. The team’s greentile.png is then reduced by 1.
            Power Level 2 - 15 damage.
            Power Level 3 - 17 damage.
            Power Level 4 - 20 damage.
            Power Level 5 - 25 damage.

Character Level 94:
              Power Level 3 - Changes a random greentile.png into a recurring 1 turn greentile.pngcountdown.png that deals 89 damage for each of up to 9 of the team’s greentile.png. The team’s greentile.png is then reduced by 1.
              Power Level 4 - 104 damage.
              Power Level 5 - 133 damage.

Last Major Update: 2014-07

Earlier post:
              [anchor=humantorch2]Human Torch (Johnny Storm)[/anchor]
              2 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
              At Max Level: HP: 3430 Tile damage: 11/55/11/10/43/49/3.0
                Fireball - Red 8 AP
                Johnny hurls a fistful of flame, torching the opponent. Deals 177 damage and blisters the battlefield, destroying 2 red tiles.
                Level Upgrades
                  Level 2: Deals 196 damage Level 3: Deals 214 damage Level 4: Deals 249 damage Level 5: Deals 320 damage
                Max Level: 1654 damage.
                  Inferno - Black 10 AP
                  Eager to impress, the Human Torch erupts into flame, scorching the opponent but disrupting his team. Converts up to 8 basic color tiles into attack tiles that do 12 damage each turn, but deplete the team's Blue, Purple, and Yellow AP by 30%.
                  Level Upgrades
                    Level 2: Deals 14 damage Level 3: Deals 17 damage. Max 85 Level 4: Deals 19 damage. Max 98. Level 5: Deals 22 damage. Max 110.
                  Max Level: 8x 110 Attack tiles
                    Flame Jet - Green 5 AP
                    The Human Torch channels a deadly stream of flaming plasma. Creates a Green Countdown tile that activates every turn, dealing 14 damage for every green AP the team has (max 126 damage a turn). Tiles cost 1 Green AP per turn.
                    Level Upgrades
                      Level 2: Deals 15 damage for each Green AP. Level 3: Deals 17 damage for each Green AP. Max89 per AP. Level 4: Deals 20 damage for each Green AP. Max 104 per AP. Level 5: Deals 25 damage for each Green AP. Max 133 per AP.
                    Max Level: Deals 133 damage for each Green AP. Max 1199 damage a turn.
                    Original post:

A 2 star Human Torch is the next new cover?

What is everyone's thoughts?
                    Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• I find it infuriating. They add a 2* to "break the monotony" and they put the absolute minimum amount of effort into creating that hero. It's absurd.
                    • It is hilarious
                    • Sparky !

howzzat for his new codename ....?
                    • Seems like a pointless ISO sink to me.
                    • killerkoala
                      killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
                      they have a vast amount of characters in the marvel universe, yet they rehash a character we already have as a 3*. it's not lazy mini HT. it's lazy devs. i do like the idea of them releasing more 2*'s, but new characters would be better. they should have thought of more 2*'s before we started complaining about "true healing" and not having enough 2*'s.
                    • Really, it's been said ad infinitum but those lazy punk devs should really be fixing the useless 2* we already have!

Buff Moonstone, Cap and Hawkeye. Redesign Bagman. Add 3rd skills to Daken and Bullseye.

FFS just do it you lazy ballsacks!
                    • Lets call it tinykitty Torch or Kitty torch
                    • As a reminder for those posting on ios, just hold your finger on the "i" until a little popup appears and lets you choose from a variety of accented letters. Then you can call him

Shìtty Torch

as Glob intended.
                    • Are the devs actually trying to get people to stop playing this game. What the heck is the point to make a lazy character that is less powerful than the already exsisting character? It's down right ridiculous, counter productive to the game. I'm all for 2* characters but new ones at least a change of powers, his are exactly the same.
                    • I am not a huge presence on the boards, but I have posted a few times to try and offer hope to those who lost it. I never called D3 lazy, as I felt being positive would reap positive results. Lazy 3 stars? Maybe the devs had higher hopes for these characters and made them more powerful since they were main characters in the story. True healing? It seems that benefits are being seen, even if they alienated 90% of the players. Bug fixes? I am sure they are coming. New modes of play other than PvP and PvE-that-is-just-another-form-of-PvP? There is something huge coming, I can feel it. Call me silly, but this is how I felt.

Now RetroLazy Human Torch. I am one of the most easy going people I know. I can find no positive way to spin this. Are you guys TRYING to prove the anti-D3 people right? Why, why, why? HT is not a major story player. He is not fresh, new, or exciting. There is absolutely no reason that this "new" character can take precedence over ANY of the MANY suggestions the player base has offered. I am so disappointed, but more so, ashamed that I was actually defending you guys.

It almost feels like you guys have someone write all of our suggestion on index cards, put the cards in the bucket and then laugh as you all take turns pissing in the bucket.

Can you please stop now? Please stop trying to find new ways to kick us in the balls. Because if the most easy going guy I know is getting frustrated, I feel so bad for those who gave up already.
                    • lazytorch feels weird. I feel like we've gone full-circle. The 3* version wasn't exactly shifting the metagame to begin with. But hey, newcomers and players making the 2* transition might find him useful. Giving us something to possibly ween us off the Thor/Ares/Wolverine addiction might be a good thing.

Still wish they'd rebalance the old 2* characters though.
                    • Nonce Equitaur 2
                      Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
                      Human Torch is my favorite character to play at the moment (teamed with Daken), so I think it's awesome that a 2* version has come out. I will definitely collect him.

No-one is required to get Sparky if they don't want him. He'll be a top tier 2* character.
                    • Nonce Equitaur 2
                      Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
                      Many people have asked for new 1* and 2* characters, and D3 is delivering with one a 2* version of one of the best of the recent 3* characters.

People that don't want him don't need to get him.
                    • Many people have asked for new 1* and 2* characters, and D3 is delivering with one a 2* version of one of the best of the recent 3* characters.

People that don't want him don't need to get him.

You shot yourself in the foot with your 6th word........new.
                    • noobprime
                      noobprime Posts: 403
                      I don't think anyone minds new 2* characters. But having it as the reward for a ~7 day PVE in place of a 3* after they've been making 2* covers plentiful is kind of a tinykitty move. As is, the majority of people have complained about the rewards for PVE (not quite factoring all the sub event rewards) being rather meh compared to the PVP. This kind of doubles down on that notion.
                    • And its not the fact that it is a 2*. I agree we need more 1's and 2's. But why not Thing. "Cool, we are heading to having the whole fantastic four." Why not Power man. "Ah, they recognize the lesser known characters". Why not Nightcrawler. "Awesome! Another X-man". How about ANYTHING that doesnt use red and gree? All great choices.
                    • Being in the 3* transition, I actually like this. At least provides me with another decent character to use when my main team is down. It gives 2* another good hyper-offensive character besides C. Storm. I always did like HT's Red. Huge cheap burst damage that partially refunds itself instantly upon casting.
                    • But wouldn't the character be so much better if any one of the following would have taken place?

1) Change the names of the powers and change the graphic to a pic of any other marvel character.......Boom! Semi-lazy new charatcter.

2) Change the colors of RetroLazy HT so that we don't have ANOTHER red/green character.

Having a new 2* is awesome. Giving a **** about how it affects the players both playwise and morale wise is very lacking.
                    • The bad thing is not the new two star option. It's the event tokens. Go look at the percentage breakdown and Tell us that this event isn't for the one to two star players.
                    • Cool! A 39.3% chance to get Moonstone, Ares, or 2* Cap.

That even screws new players cause only one of those is any good. icon_e_smile.gif