Trial By Combat - July 4-6 - Season III

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Shielded for the duration at 810 and #2. Hoping for top five, but also going to bed at a reasonable hour so I won't break shields. Feel free to attack me if I come up in your queue.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Arrogant, let me know when you shield, I have you queued up
    Never mind, found better targets. Shielded for the rest at 1100
  • Unknown
    Options
    What the flipping frak? I give you my latest two opponents, appearing one directly after the other:

249 She-Hulk / 166 Sentry / 166 Hood

followed by

60 She-Hulk / 40 Juggernaut / 65 cStorm

O.o What???!?
  • Unknown
    Options
    What the flipping frak? I give you my latest two opponents, appearing one directly after the other:

249 She-Hulk / 166 Sentry / 166 Hood

followed by

60 She-Hulk / 40 Juggernaut / 65 cStorm

O.o What???!?

I really hope you hit the second one.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I did - and I've gone to seeing all 166s to mostly 2*s.

Did D3 suddenly make a stealth change to matchmaking in the last three hours of the tourney? O.o

Edit: Make that mostly 2*s, mixed with 166s
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Arrogant, let me know when you shield, I have you queued up

Sorry spoit! Haven't been reading the event threads too much lately. I appreciate your inquiry, yeah I'm shielded the rest of the way for anyone else wondering
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I've been seeing a lot of those too - usually OBW or CStorm.

The 3* partner has been a lot more varied: Doom, Hulk, GSBW, LazyThor and Patch so far.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Finally started playing. Just tried going against an underleveled Ares and Thor team and got demolished. Guess it's back to OBW and Ares/Thor/Wolverine... awesome.

Yeah, there's no way in hell I'm going to be able to get the 1000 points I need to get to the 10 Pack in Season 3...

I just pretty much spent the past two days tanking, and I'm still getting this stupid **** where the computer gets EVERYTHING it needs to make sure I can never win. I feel like i should just delete the game and quit...
  • Unknown
    Options
    So... many... Hulks....

Hulk is easy enough to beat with a Steve Rodgers. But, the moment you pull out Steve + Hood to down a 11k Hulk safely, you just painted a giant bullseye on your back for almost a guaranteed -200.

Yup, roster diversity. Guess I'm "glad" that there is such a miraculous invention known as "shields" for such an occasion. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    So... many... Hulks....

Hulk is easy enough to beat with a Steve Rodgers. But, the moment you pull out Steve + Hood to down a 11k Hulk safely, you just painted a giant bullseye on your back for almost a guaranteed -200.

Yup, roster diversity. Guess I'm "glad" that there is such a miraculous invention known as "shields" for such an occasion. icon_rolleyes.gif

One nice thing about the character level change: It's significantly harder to trigger anger, so you can easily whittle down his HP before too many strikes get on the board.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just got the 300 Progress Reward. Woo, a completely worthless 2* Thor cover. I would honestly rather get 25 HP than one of these packs, since it's nearly impossible to get anything useful from them.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I've been seeing a lot of those too - usually OBW or CStorm.

The 3* partner has been a lot more varied: Doom, Hulk, GSBW, LazyThor and Patch so far.

Allow me to clarify: I've been seeing a small number of complete 2* teams, mixed with a huge number of full 166 teams.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    I gave up and shielded - hanging around above 700 without one seemed to be a bad idea.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Was able to at least get to around 400 points, so I might actually have a shot at the 10 Bagmen Pack for Season 3. I need to get more Patch and CMags covers. Who knows when that'll actually happen.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ended up shielding at a ridiculously low score, but I guess I need all the points I can get since I still don't have my Season 3 bag-pack. Wouldn't want to miss that.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    I managed to hold onto 5th but four Loki covers don't seem like much of a prize...

The ISO is nice icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's odd, I haven't played such a laid-back pvp round in a while. I sat for most of the day at 400-500 points with a 2 cover She-Hulk and was only attacked barely a dozen times, even up to 3 hrs before the end.

Pushed to get the 25hp at 600+ points, then shielded because meh, whatever, maybe I can keep the top 25 tier placing and get 2 covers. And wttinykitty opened the game after the tourney closed to find two defensive victories had pushed me up to top 10.

It's kind of a strange feeling. Normally even with shielding and defensive wins there should be a downward creep as everyone else fights and climbs higher while you stay stagnant.

Wonder if it was because SH's hulking health led to extended matches for more damage and more chance of unfavourable cascades? I fought a high level hulk/L100+she-hulk/2*Thor and it was interminable.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    play_hard.jpg 5th place; no shields; no health packs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    user311 wrote:
    play_hard.jpg 5th place; no shields; no health packs.

7CIoXL8.jpg
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Let them have their little victories. They can be proud of the fact that they achieved previously unheard of scores for the purpose of...being awesome? Because it certainly isn't for the in-game rewards that I'm playing for. I threw a couple hundred HP hopping for the She-Hulk cover and I was done. I'm probably going to get the same Fury cover at the end of the season that they are. Difference is mine won't have cost $1000.

Also is it just my imagination or did they screw with the MMR thresholds again? It seems like things hit DEFCON 1 much earlier than usual this event. Like we skipped the foreplay and just went straight to Global Thermonuclear War.