Trial By Combat - July 4-6 - Season III

Options

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Hairy Dave attacking me in doom pvp and losing tisk tisk.

Time to brain who called Loki covers. You will never pvp in this town again!
    I got sick of skipping you so I threw a tank team at it - seemed to work icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

I got sick of skipping you so I threw a tank team at it - seemed to work icon_e_biggrin.gif

But my defense team just wants to play!

The defensive retal option seems to have gone away with the last patch at any rate.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

But my defense team just wants to play!

The defensive retal option seems to have gone away with the last patch at any rate.
    I let them play - It was fun seeing how long a L6 Hawkeye could survive.

For those playing along at home: not very long icon_lol.gif
  • HairyDave
    Options
    So has anyone come up with a good Shulk combo or should I just stick to Patchneto? I haven't really found anyone she works well with yet.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    So has anyone come up with a good Shulk combo or should I just stick to Patchneto? I haven't really found anyone she works well with yet.

I don't hold my breath but please post any idea. icon_e_smile.gif

2on2 event for Loki prizes -- just what the Doctor ordered for weekend rest.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bagman, Esq. is preparing for trial and is coming to a court room near YOU
  • Unknown
    Options

Sweet. If you see me on the way up, hit me so I can get you back once you're worth a bag-jillion points and shielded up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:

Sweet. If you see me on the way up, hit me so I can get you back once you're worth a bag-jillion points and shielded up.

Haha. I did actually find you. And if it weren't for your post I wouldn't have even thought anything of your name. Unfortunately someone hit me though and I lost your node icon_e_sad.gif

You'd have been facing my even weaker Patchneto team though. Bagman doesn't get out of bed for less than 1500 pts. Climbing in PvP is beneath bagman.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:

Haha. I did actually find you. And if it weren't for your post I wouldn't have even thought anything of your name. Unfortunately someone hit me though and I lost your node icon_e_sad.gif

You'd have been facing my even weaker Patchneto team though. Bagman doesn't get out of bed for less than 1500 pts. Climbing in PvP is beneath bagman.

No worries. I may try and climb up to 1100 for the sad lawyer, but I'm just playing this one for fun and won't make an attempt at a climb until tomorrow probably. I don't have Loki fully covered yet, but, really...why bother?

She-Hulk's not super powerful so far, but she's interesting to play. Especially when the opposing one uses settlement to give me one of their Daken's tiles, instead of hitting me twice with chemical reaction...which would, you know...be a smart idea. I'm digging her red skill with strike tiles out, even if there are better uses of the red AP, it makes the games interesting.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm thinking I may wait until there's about 12 or so hours left in this PvP to get started. Though I do hate that it's ending at the same time as the first round of Simulator. But since I need some more Loki covers more than I need Simulator Packs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I'm thinking I may wait until there's about 12 or so hours left in this PvP to get started. Though I do hate that it's ending at the same time as the first round of Simulator. But since I need some more Loki covers more than I need Simulator Packs.

Incorrect. No one needs Loki covers.
    And those simulator tokens have a significantly reduced chance of being Bagman! That's one heck of a buff!
    icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

And those simulator tokens have a significantly reduced chance of being Bagman! That's one heck of a buff!
    icon_lol.gif

This is the problem of this game in a nutshell: You reach a point where most of the rewards are not rewarding at all, and others only get rewarding when you have 8+ of the same type, so you shrug when you get a cover. It's sad.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    I am shielded for the duration, so go ahead and attack me if you see me.

Don't ask me why I shielded when the reward is Loki - I don't want to have to come up with an explanation.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

icon_lol.gif

I still need Loki covers. icon_e_sad.gif

And at this point, the Packs are all but worthless. So the big thing is to try getting Loki covers and HP to save for... Alliance spots, I guess.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    I am shielded for the duration, so go ahead and attack me if you see me.

Don't ask me why I shielded when the reward is Loki - I don't want to have to come up with an explanation.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    I'm done for this tourney too, but I'm not shielded so first hits get bestest points...

I'll clear out retals later and only hit back if:

1. I'm dropping out of top 10 in my bracket at the end

And

2. You've posted that you are done/shielded ( I hate when I get hit near progressions while climbing, so I try not to hit back when others post that they are doing their climb )

Good luck all!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had to do two fights at the end because Electro. alone wasn't enough to get me from 1056 to 1100, lol. Climb faster, X-Men! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I got my cover and am shielded through to the end, hit away if you got me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Had to do two fights at the end because Electro. alone wasn't enough to get me from 1056 to 1100, lol. Climb faster, X-Men! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I got my cover and am shielded through to the end, hit away if you got me.

Ah good I do have you heh, but I shielded at 1002 and got an 18 point defensive win. After Slobo disappeared I was getting mostly 5-11 point matches so I decided to waste a ton hp hp for this cover by shieldeding now...oh well. But I get to sleep.

Didn't feel like spinning my tires with Doneskis as well.

EDIT again: I see slobo showed up again...man that shield use is...man. But thats at least a +37 for the hop tomorrow. Probably 45+
  • HairyDave
    Options
    I've got the weirdest roster holding first in my bracket:

Mostorm L145 (3/5/5)
    Punny L105 (5/3/5)
    LazyThor L98 (3/5/5)
    IM40 L95 (5/5/3)
    LazyCap L88 (-/5/4)
    Shulk L55 (-/4/4)
    GSBW L51 (-/3/-)
    LazyThor L44 (-/2/-)
    Modaken L40 (2/-/2)

I mean I can sort of understand concentrating on 3*s - even if I have a serious case of pokemonitis - but to have no Doom, no Sentry, no Patch, no CMags and a duplicate Thor seems really odd. And who would cover cap She-Hulk (minus the blue obviously) instead of buying more roster slots?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Has anyone noticed the match making change?
    Usually I only see 1* teams before I reach 400 pts, then maxed 2* teams before 700
    Now I'm seeing maxed 2* teams at 300ish, even some maxed 3* teams with 900+ score.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Durr, meant to post this originally to simulator.
    Anyway, maxed thor and daken got hit quite a bit last night, mostly by people who gave up the climb after hitting me it seems.

Points are quite low. I'm at 10th in my bracket with 551. First is shielded at 900. Loki. Grr.