POLL: Overpriced powers

Options

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Worst thing about IM blue is, it doesn't just cost 20 blue AP.
    It's absolutely not even really viable unless he's buffed.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Seems like Unibeam should be on the list too. Almost certain to be worse than TBTI for almost the same cost, pretty close in power to Fireball for almost double (or more than double, depending on how you count) the cost.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems like Unibeam should be on the list too.

Yes, definitely... forgot this actually cost 23 AP
  • Unknown
    Options
    Good work listing these. One would think changing these would be easy, right?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    Good work listing these. One would think changing these would be easy, right?

They accomplished it in the space of an hour for Storm Mohawk, so it would be easy to assume that.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    I rethought Smash as well... for the high-level damage, it's a 24 AP cost.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why is snarky remark on the list? Of all the powers poor bag-man has, yellow seems the most balanced regarding cost. It's just useless without CDs but otherwise OK.

I'd also add anti-gravity device to the list. If true healing must remain, at least oBW's and Spidey's healing powers should become quicker. Maybe half their cost and also half all the effects:

AGD 5AP for half the amount healed and +2 for CD
    WB 6AP for half the amount healed (both with and without using up web tiles) and use up 2 web tiles
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kolence wrote:
    Why is snarky remark on the list? Of all the powers poor bag-man has, yellow seems the most balanced regarding cost. It's just useless without CDs but otherwise OK.

I'd also add anti-gravity device to the list. If true healing must remain, at least oBW's and Spidey's healing powers should become quicker. Maybe half their cost and also half all the effects:

AGD 5AP for half the amount healed and +2 for CD
    WB 6AP for half the amount healed (both with and without using up web tiles) and use up 2 web tiles
    That's exactly why it's overpriced. It adds 4 turns to 2 coutdowns for 7, whereas AGD does it for ALL of them for only 2 AP more. Which is actually less with OBW's other 2 skills providing AP acceleration
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spidey's stun is overpriced as well. It should cost 2.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    I decided to turn it into a poll. I think Iron Man is going to be the winner.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Voted for Control Shift because even at half the cost it would still be situational.
  • DubbaHuss
    DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I happen to think cap yellow is the worst offender on this list. The cost is so high it makes absolutely no sense to give him more than 3 yellow covers.
  • SandsTheMan
    Options
    I like this and stand by my votes; don't think I'd change them, but why not let people have a choice of more high ap moves, specifically those you mentioned? Just because you think they're fair doesn't mean everyone will.

Personally I can't believe Patch even has 1 vote up there!
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am fine with Trickery's cost (which ends up at 11 AP, not 15). It can be great with Patch or against many characters. Loki's two skills are both fine -- he just needs a third one.

Ballistic Servo is the most obviously overpriced skill. Recharge is terrible with 4 or 5 covers, so I voted for it too. It's pretty good with 1 or 2 covers, though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I went for caps yellow. I never get to use it, and if by chance I do, I end up just using it for match damage since it is so late in the game I don't need shields.

IM's blue is pretty bad, but at least he has recharge and you can lose it when your other colors are low anyways or after you used powers you have ap for.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Murderous aim costs 16 at max level. Still overpowered but should fix the numbers on the polls
  • The Finn
    The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I voted for the 5 that costs 18+ AP. But really anything that requires 5 turns (if you're lucky and the board cooperates) to build up is just too slow and expensive. If they want squad diversity, adjusting the ap costs is such low hanging fruit for D3.
  • Unknown
    Options
    No Lethal Recon, No Payback Mission?
    Or did you forget Pamela Belova even existed?

Also Agressive Recon by MBW is overprice as well, compare to the OBW counter part (remember it get boost by Espionage as well).

Haweye ability is also kind a over price but it would be well balance if you can place the countdown tile/s.
  • theshadeofopal
    theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm wouldn't say its the most over priced but bewilder seems like it should be an option. At best it steals 19 ap for spending 10, 1 ap worse than obws agressive recon at 4 in addition to having a 2 or 3 turn countdown, which makes it rare that it will be useful on defense. In practice it will rarely steal more than 12 unless the ai has been matching a lot of a color it has no active ability for. If it was 6 or 7 ap it might not be so bad, but right now it feels terribly out of place on such a fast character.
  • Unknown
    Options
    With the longer games, and Hulk's increased health, and the tendancy to save Hulk for last, his Smash is quite dangerous, doing up to 5000+ damage. I got a loss in PvP due to it just today. Smash might not see much use on offence, but it gets used effectively on defense. (( By the way -- does anyone have a maxed Hulk with 5 red covers?))

Actually, I have Hulk at 5 Red. Of course, I read this post the morning after I just dumped about 150k into Sentry/She-Hulk. I need about 40k more to max out Hulk, but I should have that data for you by the Lightning Rounds this week, if no one else comes forward with it first.

Personally, I think Hulk's Smash is bugged and not calculating damage properly. It is consuming 14 Red and up to 10 Green **before** checking how much Green the player has to calculate bonus damage. This means players need to consume 24 AP to even begin to achieve Green bonus damage on Smash. A clarification from the devs would be appreciated whether this is working as intended.