Patch Notes - R43 - 12/3 Discussion

Options

Comments

• agreed, but i'd rather have it this way tbh.

there are too many friggin fights i've gone into thinking i was taking my thor, or grey widow, or iron man mk 40 and wallah.

level 15.

then you either try to win without, win and get a really bad defense team so you have to play again quickly, or yield and swap in ur own and lose some win points.

i guess the best solution would be to remember which character was put in, but i assume its a limitation with how the 'guest' character really isn't in ur team to be remembered.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    A behavior changed and you're mad, fine. It doesn't change the fact that the old behavior made no sense at all.

And, as I said - if the old behavior made no sense at all, neither does the new behavior. They are, in fact, the exact same behavior. The game previously would insert a weaker, level 15 character instead of a stronger, level 80 character. Now it will insert a weaker, low HP level 15 character instead of a stronger, full HP level 15 character. If one makes no sense, neither does the other.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Pylos wrote:
    An example of no one can make everyone happy. I think the auto select is fine. Why are you concerned about if your low level character gets KO'd? You clearly aren't leveling them. Sounds like just complaining to be complaining.

Really? Sounds like white knighting just to white knight. I care if my character gets KO'd because that usually means I lose the match. The character given to you begins with full health every match and is usually very good at soaking up damage. This change does not remember your choice. Instead, when you have a level 15 Magneto (or whatever it may be) given to you and a level 15 Mageneto of your own, you have to manually select the one given to you every single match.

Essentially it just completely reverses the problem it was trying to fix. Before, someone who wanted to use their own, higher level character, they had to manually select them every time. Now, those who want to use the one given to them have to manually select it every time. It fixes one problem just to create another.
    A behavior changed and you're mad, fine. It doesn't change the fact that the old behavior made no sense at all.

Neither behaviors are ideal. Like I said, it should simply remember your choice and carry that choice forward. IMO thegreatruss is out of line here. These concerns are real and I share them as well. The game improves when people make suggestions and voice our their frustrations. To simply brush it off as 'complaining' is poor form by far.
  • Sooty wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    Pylos wrote:
    An example of no one can make everyone happy. I think the auto select is fine. Why are you concerned about if your low level character gets KO'd? You clearly aren't leveling them. Sounds like just complaining to be complaining.

Really? Sounds like white knighting just to white knight. I care if my character gets KO'd because that usually means I lose the match. The character given to you begins with full health every match and is usually very good at soaking up damage. This change does not remember your choice. Instead, when you have a level 15 Magneto (or whatever it may be) given to you and a level 15 Mageneto of your own, you have to manually select the one given to you every single match.

Essentially it just completely reverses the problem it was trying to fix. Before, someone who wanted to use their own, higher level character, they had to manually select them every time. Now, those who want to use the one given to them have to manually select it every time. It fixes one problem just to create another.

Neither behaviors are ideal. Like I said, it should simply remember your choice and carry that choice forward. IMO thegreatruss is out of line here. These concerns are real and I share them as well. The game improves when people make suggestions and voice our their frustrations. To simply brush it off as 'complaining' is poor form by far.
    Fair point.
  • Pylos wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:

And, as I said - if the old behavior made no sense at all, neither does the new behavior. They are, in fact, the exact same behavior. The game previously would insert a weaker, level 15 character instead of a stronger, level 80 character. Now it will insert a weaker, low HP level 15 character instead of a stronger, full HP level 15 character. If one makes no sense, neither does the other.

No, not at all.

There's a HUGE difference between the game selecting a L6 Thor over my L85 Thor, or a L15 IM40 over my L115 IM40. It means that I'm toast. If it selects my L15 Doom over its L15 Doom or my L18 Hood over its L15 Hood it means... not a whole lot. My cver may get toasted, but that doesn't mean that my entire team is, nor is it a huge issue for me. It's annoying, but generally not too bad. The worst case scenario is usually that I have to switch out next time or else I burn a health pack by accident to revive.

Optimally it would remember your choice. There were some suggestions to do that, but it was mostly drowned out by the hair pulling over the first scenario. I've lost track of the number of times I've lost a match because of having the newb come in instead of my high leveled version. Yes, I usually check. Sometimes I forget, or I'm in a hurry, or I'm tired, or all of the above.

Principle of least surprise applies here. Again, best version of that is to retain your last choice, but I can think of some issues relating to doing that that they may not have wanted to try and work around. If forced to choose between the two options, I'll take the new behavior.
  • Is anyone else getting a bit of lag in the game or is it just my phone? Some of the animations aren't showing and it goes a bit mental when I'm quick fire skipping Lol its only just started doing it.

Also the game file seems to just add to the previous game file when updating instead of overwriting. On my the phone the game space has gone up to 400mb Lol should I delete the whole lot and just reinstall the new patch?

Finally is it possible to tweek the player matches slightly to offer battles with people with higher/similar points to you when battling? When youre frantically trying to find that 30 pointer in the dying seconds it keeps offering dudes who are 200 points below.

Love the new Spidey power BTW!! icon_e_biggrin.gif Lol Who is this new 4* you were teasing on the other boards IceIX?!?
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Pylos wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:

Again, best version of that is to retain your last choice, but I can think of some issues relating to doing that that they may not have wanted to try and work around. If forced to choose between the two options, I'll take the new behavior.

Let the devs worry about whether it's possible or not. Now that they've changed it surely you don't expect them to do an about turn and revert it back to the old version do you just because the new version isn't ideal either right? If you can agree on this, then I don't see what harm there is letting Pylos voice his concerns.

All this business about comparing whether which non-ideal game design choice makes more sense as a compromise when a clear cut and perfect solution exists... just makes no **** sense.
  • HulkSmash wrote:
    Lol Who is this new 4* you were teasing on the other boards IceIX?!?

which boards?
  • forgrim wrote:
    HulkSmash wrote:

which boards?

was an old thread and he reffered to invisible woman I think
  • forgrim wrote:
    HulkSmash wrote:

which boards?

I'm on my phone so I cant link very quickly but its the one about how many recruit tokens can you hold. Someone asks if we can have a new 1* character and IceIX asks if he should tell the designers to switch the 4* theyre designing to a 1*. Haha it could possibly be Invisible Woman and i just read an old post!! icon_lol.gif
  • oh yeah, that was invis woman. hopes dashed.
  • HulkSmash wrote:
    I'm on my phone so I cant link very quickly but its the one about how many recruit tokens can you hold. Someone asks if we can have a new 1* character and IceIX asks if he should tell the designers to switch the 4* theyre designing to a 1*. Haha it could possibly be Invisible Woman and i just read an old post!! icon_lol.gif

they probably did. just forgot to change the star rating on the cover.
  • I apologize for the comment I made earlier Pylos. I didn't understand you position clearly. Your concern is valid.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylos wrote:
    Really? Sounds like white knighting just to white knight.

Of course. Nobody defending someone else's decisions could ever be doing so for honest reasons.

I'd like to see this forum auto-replace "white knight" with something silly so people will stop using it for their whinefests.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Pylos wrote:
    Really? Sounds like white knighting just to white knight.

Of course. Nobody defending someone else's decisions could ever be doing so for honest reasons.

I'd like to see this forum auto-replace "white knight" with something silly so people will stop using it for their whinefests.

The proper response to your post would probably get me banned from the forums. My feedback was neither "silly" nor a "whinefest." That which I was responding to what not "defending someone else's decisions for honest reasons." He was calling me a complainer, just like yourself. If posting feedback about a change in a thread soliciting feedback about a change gets this kind of response, I'm uncertain why anyone would ever frequent these forums.
  • Personally, I think this guest character debate would be a great place for them to use the (under-utilized) settings screen. Just add a "guest character" option: "Use guest character by default" and have it be unchecked by default. (I'm biased; I like the new/current behavior.)

Seems like something anyone would only need to change once, if they're so inclined, and almost everyone will be satisfied.
  • 140 iso gifts are only for 3 people now?
  • Ranzera wrote:
    140 iso gifts are only for 3 people now?

that was patches ago
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    140 iso gifts are only for 3 people now?

that was patches ago
    Not for me anyway. I remember when it switched from 25 to 10 though.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought it was random