Patch Notes - R43 - 12/3 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Nemek wrote:
    There was a bug (that it seems like everybody was afraid to talk about) where if you reset your client, then all non-max leveled characters would return to full health.

It was reported on the forum as 'random healing' or whatever, but it was actually very reproducible.

If you ever wondered why you saw teams just short of max level, (114 Rag, 140 Spidey/IM40, etc)...that's a very likely reason why.

It seems like R43 actually fixed it, though I haven't spent much time testing it out.

Lol, I don't have a maxed Hero yet and I genuinely wondered why my PVE team was healed so often. I was doing 5-6 rounds for the ISO-5 tourney resting for 30 min and repeat . This explains a lot.
    Now I feel stupid for not seeing the pattern.
  • finwe wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    There was a bug (that it seems like everybody was afraid to talk about) where if you reset your client, then all non-max leveled characters would return to full health.

It was reported on the forum as 'random healing' or whatever, but it was actually very reproducible.

If you ever wondered why you saw teams just short of max level, (114 Rag, 140 Spidey/IM40, etc)...that's a very likely reason why.

It seems like R43 actually fixed it, though I haven't spent much time testing it out.

Lol, I don't have a maxed Hero yet and I genuinely wondered why my PVE team was healed so often. I was doing 5-6 rounds for the ISO-5 tourney resting for 30 min and repeat . This explains a lot.

it had nothing to do with non maxed level heroes, it had everything to do with heroes that ended in an even level number.

MY STUDIES.
  • Can this healing fix be added to the patch notes? I hate ninja fixes because it makes me wonder what other ninja fixes were put in place.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    finwe wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

it had nothing to do with non maxed level heroes, it had everything to do with heroes that ended in an even level number.

MY STUDIES.

Yeah, pretty sure you're right, I definitely didn't do a huge amount of research into it.
  • IceX,

From the patch notes:
    Tile selection displays for limited tile types has been implemented so that Agents will immediately know which tiles can be selected for abilities that can only target certain tile types

The red Circle/slash is really big. I'm on a retina iPad and need to cancel the ability just so I can figure out which tiles I'm going to pick because the tiles are too obscured.
    Wouldn't it be reasonable to resize the overlay to 1/4 and stick it in the upper left corner. Or possibly outline unusable tiles in red or some such.
    Been happy with the improvements to this point, but that one is excessively intrusive.

Good work guys.
    K
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Can this healing fix be added to the patch notes? I hate ninja fixes because it makes me wonder what other ninja fixes were put in place.
    The plans are to put it into the Patch Notes when R43 is a required update. That way users that don't know about it can't abuse it in the mean time. There's no sense in making people officially aware of an exploit and asking them nicely not to abuse it. Alternatively, we could have put in a very vague reference to it which is about as useful as not having it at all. The only stealth changes that don't get reported in Patch Notes are non-user facing or ones that are missed due to skimming through all the changes for a given build and flat out not seeing it. Those tend to get picked up by users and I add them into the notes afterwards.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Can this healing fix be added to the patch notes? I hate ninja fixes because it makes me wonder what other ninja fixes were put in place.
    The plans are to put it into the Patch Notes when R43 is a required update. That way users that don't know about it can't abuse it in the mean time. There's no sense in making people officially aware of an exploit and asking them nicely not to abuse it. Alternatively, we could have put in a very vague reference to it which is about as useful as not having it at all. The only stealth changes that don't get reported in Patch Notes are non-user facing or ones that are missed due to skimming through all the changes for a given build and flat out not seeing it. Those tend to get picked up by users and I add them into the notes afterwards.

ETA on R43 being required?
  • Can I just say that the new power selection sound is HORRIBLE. Before it's been a nice 'swoosh-bzzzz' at least. The new BLEEP playing on top of it is horrible, way louder than any other fx and music going on and just grating and its a serious turn-off, considering how much I enjoy all the other audio in the game.
  • IceIX
    Options
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

ETA on R43 being required?
    It just went up on PC today. Assuming the servers don't burst into flames overnight and the hamsters powering them aren't tired, probably tomorrow.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Can I just say that the new power selection sound is HORRIBLE. Before it's been a nice 'swoosh-bzzzz' at least. The new BLEEP playing on top of it is horrible, way louder than any other fx and music going on and just grating and its a serious turn-off, considering how much I enjoy all the other audio in the game.
    Please make sure you make a thread on it in the Suggestions Forum. Things like this could get lost when we go through and gather all the feedback together to chat about it otherwise. Basically, if it's not in there there's a chance we'll go "I *know* I saw someone talk about X, but for the life of me I can't find the thread."
  • any vague estimate of time for episode 2? (if you say within a month, that would be good enough for me)
  • IceIX
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    any vague estimate of time for episode 2? (if you say within a month, that would be good enough for me)
    Most definitely within that timeframe. Very likely to be much sooner. 2.5's date on the other hand is still written in wet unfired clay. Support is there, we're still tweaking it based on what we've gleaned from analyzing our other PVE events.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Can I just say that the new power selection sound is HORRIBLE. Before it's been a nice 'swoosh-bzzzz' at least. The new BLEEP playing on top of it is horrible, way louder than any other fx and music going on and just grating and its a serious turn-off, considering how much I enjoy all the other audio in the game.
    Please make sure you make a thread on it in the Suggestions Forum. Things like this could get lost when we go through and gather all the feedback together to chat about it otherwise. Basically, if it's not in there there's a chance we'll go "I *know* I saw someone talk about X, but for the life of me I can't find the thread."

Oops, already made a thread already in the bug forum since having it that loud just seemed like an error to me, but as long as there's a place to refer to it, right?

The rest of the update looks pretty good though, cant wait to find a Black Widow Black cover.
  • IceIX wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    any vague estimate of time for episode 2? (if you say within a month, that would be good enough for me)
    Most definitely within that timeframe. Very likely to be much sooner. 2.5's date on the other hand is still written in wet unfired clay. Support is there, we're still tweaking it based on what we've gleaned from analyzing our other PVE events.

thanks for that update, i'll await breathlessly
  • - If an Agent has a version of a Team Up character that is higher level, it will automatically be chosen for that mission instead of the loaned character

Ugh, hate this change. This does not only occur when yuor character is higher level, it also happens when they are equal level. Automatically adding my 200 HP level 15 Magneto on lightning rounds just to have him killed in a single shot is...fun?
  • I have to agree. What we wanted was for the system to remember our choices, not to pick it either way.
  • An example of no one can make everyone happy. I think the auto select is fine. Why are you concerned about if your low level character gets KO'd? You clearly aren't leveling them. Sounds like just complaining to be complaining.
  • even when they get ko'd, the low level one doesn't get swapped in btw. i frankly didn't care if my loki/hood/magneto who are all low level got ko'd but it didn't swap in the others.

altho its nice having our even low level characters swapped in cuz they might have more covers than the base one.
  • An example of no one can make everyone happy. I think the auto select is fine. Why are you concerned about if your low level character gets KO'd? You clearly aren't leveling them. Sounds like just complaining to be complaining.

Really? Sounds like white knighting just to white knight. I care if my character gets KO'd because that usually means I lose the match. The character given to you begins with full health every match and is usually very good at soaking up damage. This change does not remember your choice. Instead, when you have a level 15 Magneto (or whatever it may be) given to you and a level 15 Mageneto of your own, you have to manually select the one given to you every single match.

Essentially it just completely reverses the problem it was trying to fix. Before, someone who wanted to use their own, higher level character, they had to manually select them every time. Now, those who want to use the one given to them have to manually select it every time. It fixes one problem just to create another.
  • Pylos wrote:
    An example of no one can make everyone happy. I think the auto select is fine. Why are you concerned about if your low level character gets KO'd? You clearly aren't leveling them. Sounds like just complaining to be complaining.

Really? Sounds like white knighting just to white knight. I care if my character gets KO'd because that usually means I lose the match. The character given to you begins with full health every match and is usually very good at soaking up damage. This change does not remember your choice. Instead, when you have a level 15 Magneto (or whatever it may be) given to you and a level 15 Mageneto of your own, you have to manually select the one given to you every single match.

Essentially it just completely reverses the problem it was trying to fix. Before, someone who wanted to use their own, higher level character, they had to manually select them every time. Now, those who want to use the one given to them have to manually select it every time. It fixes one problem just to create another.
    A behavior changed and you're mad, fine. It doesn't change the fact that the old behavior made no sense at all.