Blind Justice - June 27-29 - Season III

Options
1235»

Comments

• Kiera13
    Kiera13 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Oh, look Hailmary's in my bracket! Hi Hailmary! ...I'm probably not keeping first, huh? icon_e_sad.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    edited June 2014
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    I don't know where I stand compared to most of the forumites, but does anyone actually see me in their queues at all? (And if so, willing to retreat to push me up the 4 points i need to hit the 900 progression? icon_e_wink.gif )
    I'm shielded to the end, so if I am seen and am worth, well, anything, go ahead and smack the **** out of me.
    I can see you leading my bracket but I can't recall ever seeing you pop up in any node yet.

And apologies to mischiefmaker - you were worth too much for me not to have a pop at icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    I don't know where I stand compared to most of the forumites, but does anyone actually see me in their queues at all? (And if so, willing to retreat to push me up the 4 points i need to hit the 900 progression? icon_e_wink.gif )
    I'm shielded to the end, so if I am seen and am worth, well, anything, go ahead and smack the **** out of me.
    I can see you leading my bracket but I can't recall ever seeing you pop up in any node yet.

My client says I'm currently in second place...behind by about 9 points or so. Oh well, could be worse!
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Trying to get into Top 100 for a cover that I actually need but roster just not holding up. Frustration palpable.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Betsy just totally saved my **** icon_e_surprised.gif

GSBW was sitting on about 15 or 16 green and plopped out her Deceptive Tactics - the turn before my Bewilder CD went off. I'll take those 19 green thank you very much icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got tight at the end for my bracket.

1-5:
    1047 (alliance mate, yay)
    1007 (me, yay)

6-10 were 957-803

top 5 is getting uglier each time it seems.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    I finally managed to string together a few wins in the last 30 minutes and dragged my sorry self up over 700 points - 300 points in 30 minutes isn't bad by my standards. I just wish I wasn't starting quite so low...

On the upside, top 20 finish without shielding icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Seriously this epic cascade nonsense is getting old...

Three turns in and Patch is on 200 health, Bagdevil is dead and Mags is only just over 1000 - meanwhile the AI is sitting on 15 AP of just about every colour. I still haven't even hit 500. This is so tinykitty frustrating icon_evil.gif
    Now imagine you're in the middle of a game, you pull a huge cascade and hit 3 Ambush traps. In the process you downed Daredevil as well. Then you realize that didn't save you because those traps still activate killing your entire team. Good game.

my turn to complain. Out most of day so I make a late run. Got around 1130 and app crashes on me. Great, had to restart and scrambled too 1197 and go for a fight to get over 1200 only to lose -86 pts. Shielded up for 1.5 hrs and decided to wait to near end. Lined up kingsucram and I break shield. App crashes again. Are you freaking kidding me? Restarted app and Hit an xmen only to be hit for -43. Epic fail. I can't wait for s3 to be over.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:

Three turns in and Patch is on 200 health, Bagdevil is dead and Mags is only just over 1000 - meanwhile the AI is sitting on 15 AP of just about every colour. I still haven't even hit 500. This is so tinykitty frustrating icon_evil.gif
    Now imagine you're in the middle of a game, you pull a huge cascade and hit 3 Ambush traps. In the process you downed Daredevil as well. Then you realize that didn't save you because those traps still activate killing your entire team. Good game.

my turn to complain. Out most of day so I make a late run. Got around 1130 and app crashes on me. Great, had to restart and scrambled too 1197 and go for a fight to get over 1200 only to lose -86 pts. Shielded up for 1.5 hrs and decided to wait to near end. Lined up kingsucram and I break shield. App crashes again. Are you freaking kidding me? Restarted app and Hit an xmen only to be hit for -43. Epic fail. I can't wait for s3 to be over.

meh, you'll still beat me and wyp icon_e_smile.gif
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    Options
    @walkyourpath - Thanks for letting me take first. I know you could have easily overtaken me if you wanted so, thank you.

@anyone I hit multiple times, I'm sorry. I actually hate that this system allows you to queue the same person multiple times. I managed to get to 1030 points earlier in the day and then decided to shield to run errands. Shield dropped for no more than 15 minutes and dropped 300+ points. Dark Silence had hit me 3 times, at which point I silently raged and then hit everyone indiscriminately as many times as I could.

I have no ill will toward anyone that attacked me multiple times in a row. The game rewards people for doing that, which sucks. So again, I apologize to anyone that I did that to because I know how frustrating it is to be on the other end (though I think some 5D and X-men were conspiring against me haha).
  • Unknown
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:

meh, you'll still beat me and wyp icon_e_smile.gif

nah, walk is on a mission icon_e_smile.gif and I just don't have the desire. Top 5 or 10 is good enough. I just try to put up decent points while staying hp positive each pvp. Still waiting for something new and fresh gameplay-wise but I might as well wait for that xforce buff too.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TrueHealing is kinda fresh :>
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Sorry anyone I hit in the last half an hour or so - had to scrape by to keep unshielded top 10. Attacks were coming like rain! Wanted top 5 for the sweet 3k ISO, but 100 HP is still a worthy prize to a F2P peasant icon_e_biggrin.gif

yogi, reading about your misfortunes is really heart-wrenching, but do you even tank, bro? Sounds like you need it.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    yogi, reading about your misfortunes is really heart-wrenching, but do you even tank, bro? Sounds like you need it.

Thanks.

This is the first / second time it's happened so blantantly. Though not a hard core PvPer, I often, mostly, mangage at least one good cover. Usually. I have seen tanking mentioned a lot, but don't really do it, no. Not certain how exactly, though have a rough idea.

Thank goodness for PvE covers where, when I have the time, I usually do much better.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I somehow ended up first in this, guess I was the only one in my bracket who bothered to break 1000. Well, more ISO is always good, especially since I had red XForce maxed already as well.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    I somehow ended up first in this, guess I was the only one in my bracket who bothered to break 1000. Well, more ISO is always good, especially since I had red XForce maxed already as well.

I shielded at just under 8H to go on 917 as I had no desire to shield hop and still somehow managed to come first. I think quite a few people took it easy. All covers sold for ISO in invested in leveling Sentry and Daken.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Managed fourth on 835ish. Didn't seem super competetive in my bracket.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    @walkyourpath - Thanks for letting me take first. I know you could have easily overtaken me if you wanted so, thank you.

No worries! You had a great tourney, and I saw that you needed the 4*. I was able to get 1300+ and break even on HP so I met all my goals for this one. You earned it!
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Kiera13 wrote:
    Oh, look Hailmary's in my bracket! Hi Hailmary! ...I'm probably not keeping first, huh? icon_e_sad.gif
    Aw damn. I just saw this. If I knew you were a forumite, I'd've let you keep first. icon_neutral.gif Noted for future reference.

I really need to check event threads more often (or in the case of this one: at all).
  • Kiera13
    Kiera13 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Kiera13 wrote:
    Aw damn. I just saw this. If I knew you were a forumite, I'd've let you keep first. icon_neutral.gif Noted for future reference.

I really need to check event threads more often (or in the case of this one: at all).
    Naw, it's cool. At this point I'm more of a newbie forumite. I was just happy I'd managed to hit 900, first time it's happened since the spidey nerf. icon_e_biggrin.gif