Blind Justice - June 27-29 - Season III

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Dreylin wrote:
    Punisher rewards ... definitely one to take a break

Exactly.

My response on seeing those rewards is "Take a guess how many f*cks I give".
  • Unknown
    Options
    Takes all kinds. I saw punisher rewards and started drooling.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Takes all kinds. I saw punisher rewards and started drooling.

Problem is that so many people have maxed-out Punishers due to several previous tournaments and PVEs that he doesn't exactly blow people's skirts up.

He's been a progression reward on at least 2-3 PVEs in the past few months plus rewards in at least 2-3 PVPs as well.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My punisher is level 115 and 4/2/5...
    I originally wanted him at 3/5/5... but 5/3/5 isn't looking too shabby and should be quite easily achieved with this tournament. With an inevitable Punisher tournament after this, I might be able to get him close to max level and have him sip cocktails all day with patch/daken.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, I look at it as giving me more time to grind the PVE, which at least has interesting prizes. Punisher was the second 3-skill 3* I cover maxed, ages ago.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    My punisher is level 115 and 4/2/5...
    I originally wanted him at 3/5/5... but 5/3/5 isn't looking too shabby and should be quite easily achieved with this tournament. With an inevitable Punisher tournament after this, I might be able to get him close to max level and have him sip cocktails all day with patch/daken.
    It's funny because Daken dismembered Punisher icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only good thing about this tourney is that we'll get a Punpun tourney next.
    She-Hulk covers please.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    She-Hulk covers please.
    that will be a bloodbath with the healing changes
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    She-Hulk covers please.
    that will be a bloodbath with the healing changes
    Hmm. I just imagined eating a boosted Molotov with 5 UDaken strike tiles on the board. Ouch.

Well, Punpun should be good enough for 5 matches or so before needing a health pack, UDaken regens, LT is LT, so... business as usual.
    Will be interesting though.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i can take this tournament as my opportunity to keep building my second punisher to 5/5/3, not my ideal build but meh, it's my second punisher, i'm not gonna moan about getting more black covers(500 iso!), this tourney either daken is your best friend cause strike tiles cancel out traps, which is good, same with Mstorm.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Only thing that is going to bug me this tournament is having to keep switching to the loaner DD. Mine is getting close to fully covered, but is still level 15. No way will I be giving him much, if any ISO. And since my team has good blue and red skills, I don't want the AI firing them off. Level 23 purple only DD here I come.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Argh. I could actually use a Top 5 finish in this one. It would get my Punisher to 3/3/5. I'll probably start it late and see if I can get lucky.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MEH! Same bracket with bubbleboy from SHIELD in HPK and now same bracket with Mikey from X-Men. Why do I get sharded into same brackets with them? icon_e_sad.gif
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    MEH! Same bracket with bubbleboy from SHIELD in HPK and now same bracket with Mikey from X-Men. Why do I get sharded into same brackets with them? icon_e_sad.gif

Don't join in AM our time! they're still awake!
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the game wants to put me in tougher brackets once I get #1 spot... cos 2-3 PVPs before HPK I don't see forumites in my bracket.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just looked at the match ups in the event for me... the end of "True Healing" hasn't done a lot to get people to stop using OBW.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Just looked at the match ups in the event for me... the end of "True Healing" hasn't done a lot to get people to stop using OBW.

She's still obnoxious when you have to fight her on defense. Her AP steal hasn't changed, and it doesn't matter if she doesn't True Heal™ your defending team or not, they'll restore to full health when next they show up on defense.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Yep, oBW is still the best support character besides Hood and Falcon and the best among 2*s. Not to mention that her blue and purple skills are miles ahead of Bagdevil.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was pleased to see GSBW come up as a reward only because I looked forward to the GSBW tournament, only for it to have Daredevil rewards. And then the Daredevil tournament has yet more rewards I don't need. Man this is a bad run of tournaments. And everyone and their dog has a maxed Punisher now so there's no particular competitive advantage to having one- can but hope the rewards for the Little Bunny Punpun tournament are decent.

It's kinda weird at the moment, I'm interested in getting ISO to level existing characters but I'm not especially excited about covers for many of the characters I don't already have maxed covers for as I don't see myself ever having the ISO to burn on levelling them or using them. I think the only ones I really want at the moment are Black Panther and (grudgingly) TurDaken.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I don't have a maxed PunPun so the rewards suit me just fine (though I'd love to be able to get two green covers).