***** Riri Williams (Ironheart 3.0) *****

Options
12346»

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

When I played against chahulk team for the first time 3 months ago I already said it: this team is hard to beat.
    A character countering chahulk should have been released 2 months ago. Now pvp only is about chahulk. You can say goodbye to diversity. And chasm hasn't left LL yet. This issue never happened before. Chasm is easy to beat? Against another chasm not. Set him 5 on health and there could be an infinite battle there. Against boosted chasm there were 3 battles that I quit after 10 minutes, fighting all my team vs a single chasm.
    Now they released the cheesy riri combo. Nice. You all can expect a 80% ririthor and 20% chahulk, if ririthor is fast.
    So say goodbye forever to the godboost.
    Chahulk already did it.

• Speed283
    Speed283 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options

Do I spend CP now on Riri, or wait until she hits the LL store?

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Depends if you need Kamala Khan or Strange or not. If not. Just wait

• Speed283
    Options

Don’t need them… Will wait thanks

• Speed283
    Options

Is there a 4 star feeder for her?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Speed283 said:
    Is there a 4 star feeder for her?

Surprisingly, Riri feeds Riri.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Tinykitty Riri, mThor, Shang-Chi is crazy fun in the challenge node.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

Shouldn't, in theory, 50% 5Thor, 5* Riri and 4* Captain Marvel lead to a decently consistent stunlock team under the players control? You gather 4 green to stun the enemy team for 1 turn, and this effectively gives you a good chance to gather 4 green and 5 yellow between 5Thor passive, cascades from his passive and you get to make two matches before the enemy may get another turn. Use 4* Captain Marvel to remove Riri's overcharge tile and repeat.

Obviously can't be stunned or teams that spam protect tiles would be an exception to the stunlock, but everyone else? Board luck too may slow it down if you gather a bunch of red or no green/yellow appears etc.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That team is worth a try for control. Riri's red creates charged tiles on red/green/blue and 2 of them are 1/2 Thor's colours, which will leave him with yellow to destroy. This team could be a pseudo winfinite if you need this strategy to win CN.

Swapping mThor for 4* Carol means losing your main damage dealer and potential more free ap gain though.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So where are all these unbeatable Riri Jane teams in PVP?
    Lots of big rosters have her champed by now, and she's still godboosted.
    Still nobody is running her.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Probably is because of the health punishment.
    Riri and Mthor could be a great duo, but still they lose their first turn against chasm and also they must wait for the right timing which means more damage.
    Without SW or Crystal fighting chahulk teams is not sustainable.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Any update on the impending fosthor/riri team-stun bonanza? Should I be shivering in my boots now that 5ronheart is available in LTs?

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Vhailorx said:
    Any update on the impending fosthor/riri team-stun bonanza? Should I be shivering in my boots now that 5ronheart is available in LTs?

I having fun using the duo now. And yes it’s possible to stun lock the team for the entire duration. But going up against them and getting stun lock is very rare. It is similar to losing through AI wild cascades. Not impossible but generally rare, and when it happens it sticks in your mind.