Why is 5* Arcade still not able to be favorited?

13»

Comments

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 99 Match Maker

Broken Circle is doing a great job since they’ve taken over.

Just waiting for an update on something that usually happens like clockwork.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards

@Falconfreak said:

@HoundofShadow said:
    I didn't know Arcade is so popular. :o

He's a cool character in the comics and his gameplay is fun. I love the comics and the comics characters in the game. I don't care if something is meta or not. I just like how they have him in the game. Fun for fun's sake.

This. I find Arcade quite fun to play. In contrast, Chasm is an absolute chore both to use and to face. Can't wait for him to be condemned to the abyss of Classics.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    In contrast, Chasm is an absolute chore both to use and to face. Can't wait for him to be condemned to the abyss of Classics.

I totally understand him being a chore to face, but to use? He's pretty straightforward and can make very difficult matches (like the FU node in SCL10 PVE) quite easy. If he's not your cup of tea, I definitely understand. But he is far from a chore to use, at least from my standpoint.

• UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker

This is going to be a perpetual problem; they delayed rotation before the Anniversary season, so as it stands we're going to have the newest 5* spend an entire season and a half waiting to enter tokens.

That will have to change at some point, but that will mean giving one 5* the shaft or diluting the pool for a few weeks.

• BlackBoltRocks
    edited December 2022

@LavaManLee said:
    He's pretty straightforward and can make very difficult matches (like the FU node in SCL10 PVE) quite easy.

I agree with this; I've been using him against the Mindless Ones, to prevent their special tile proccing that takes several decades. Still, he drains your own AP, his abyss tiles don't gain AP, and he self-damages. I know that the latter is offset by his own revival, but still. I have to keep an eye on his health, and go after web tiles to get some health back. The constant see-sawing is tiresome.

• BlackBoltRocks

@UNC_Samurai said:
    This is going to be a perpetual problem; they delayed rotation before the Anniversary season, so as it stands we're going to have the newest 5* spend an entire season and a half waiting to enter tokens.

That will have to change at some point, but that will mean giving one 5* the shaft or diluting the pool for a few weeks.

Either that, or this can be fixed with another half-season. Simply have the whichever 5* is next on the list to rotate in after that half-season, and we're back on track.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

They did mention something about season, but I'm not sure if it's related to 5* rotation:

"Note: As some people will see, there is a PVE planned again with the upcoming Boss Event. This should be the last one scheduled, with a longer than usual offseason planned to offset these events going forward. We will be providing the same increased PVE rewards as were available during this last Lost In Time (6 tiers, lowest reward tier equal to standard Top 100)"

• BlackBoltRocks

Alrighty Edward is in. Seems they were waiting for the end of the pve event.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards

Arcade covers for everybody!!!!! Also don't forget Deathlok!!! Deathlok covers for everybody!!!!! And a unicorn!!!

• Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 119 Tile Toppler

Huzzah! I got him champed now. Also had enough covers for Emma and She Hulk to get them to 13/13 but don't see a point to champ them. I think She Hulk, Chasm and iHulk are one of the better teams out there though.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    Alrighty Edward is in. Seems they were waiting for the end of the pve event.

Yeah, it's a day late. Most likely they set him up to promote yesterday, it failed, and they decided rather than running another data push, they'd try again today.