Why is 5* Arcade still not able to be favorited?

Falconfreak
Falconfreak Posts: 118 Tile Toppler

He has been "new" for it seems two months now. He finally does not show as "new" but you still cannot favorite him. I have been hoarding to try and champ him because he's a fun 5 star and a nice change of pace from the usual meta. When can we actually favorite him? Shouldn't he be able to be favorited as soon as he loses the "new" status?

Comments

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 105 Tile Toppler

He probably should not have already lost "new" status. It should have waited until the end of the current PVP season (or beginning of the next one, I never remember). He is also not available in Latest Legends.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards

You need to defeat him in Murderworld first (remember one of the Murderworld bots is set to kill)

• Falconfreak

@DAZ0273 said:
    You need to defeat him in Murderworld first (remember one of the Murderworld bots is set to kill)

What? Is this a joke?

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022

@Falconfreak said:

@DAZ0273 said:

What? Is this a joke?

Obviously.

You can only favourite characters once they have entered tokens. In this case, Arcade can only be favourited once he's in Latest Legends.

• DAZ0273

@Falconfreak said:

@DAZ0273 said:

What? Is this a joke?

Sorry children.

• Falconfreak

So when does Arcade enter Latest Legends which would then let him be favorited? I thought these new 5* characters under the old devs were tied to PVP events for LL release for some inexplicable reason.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker

New characters come into tokens at the beginning of the season. So a couple days.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

Discord suggests Dec 1. The What’s New thread says Nov 30. I’m guessing the second of those two.

• Falconfreak

I hope it is the sooner option but hopefully he gets put in there soon. He's a fun character.

• Falconfreak

and thank you for a helpful answer!

• Falconfreak

Still not in there yet...

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

Relax grasshopper. Characters usually enter on Thursday morning USA time, so he should be in Latests in about 5-6 hours.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Or in a couple of minutes with the DP.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

People are looking forward to him? :D
    I played with his 3* version and he's really fun. Pair him with 5* Thor so that more trap tiles will fall in black/blue/purple. Sersi might work too. Use her purple on either red or yellow. I think I paired them with Crystal to mitigate the friendly AoE to ally damage from his black, and to let Crystal tank red/green/yellow over him. Pairing Arcade with 2018 meta team of Thorokoye could be fun too. You can turn those coloured trap tiles into colourless tiles with her yellow.

I can only champ him somewhere in mid Jan next year, depending on when Season begins. So, explore more fun teams once you champed him and share it in his thread or the fun team thread.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@HoundofShadow said:
    People are looking forward to him? :D
    I played with his 3* version and he's really fun. Pair him with 5* Thor so that more trap tiles will fall in black/blue/purple. Sersi might work too. Use her purple on either red or yellow. I think I paired them with Crystal to mitigate the friendly AoE to ally damage from his black, and to let Crystal tank red/green/yellow over him. Pairing Arcade with 2018 meta team of Thorokoye could be fun too. You can turn those coloured trap tiles into colourless tiles with her yellow.

I can only champ him somewhere in mid Jan next year, depending on when Season begins. So, explore more fun teams once you champed him and share it in his thread or the fun team thread.

OP also asked when he could favourite Black Knight a few months back.
    I think the number of people looking forward to Arcade replacing Chasm in Latest is one.
    Maybe two, but not many more than that.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

I think I created a winfinite team using Black Knight. Sometimes, bottom tier characters can bring out surprises.

If trap tiles trigger even if they are destroyed or replaced, I believe that Arcade will get lots of love.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,383 Chairperson of the Boards

@Sekilicious

Asked and answered here. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87786/why-is-5-arcade-still-not-able-to-be-favorited#latest

Closing thread

From the other thread, it has not been answered. He has not arrived and we don’t know when he will arrive.

• DAZ0273

@dianetics said:
    @Sekilicious

Asked and answered here. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87786/why-is-5-arcade-still-not-able-to-be-favorited#latest

Closing thread

From the other thread, it has not been answered. He has not arrived and we don’t know when he will arrive.

He is still on his first quarter and has extra lives!

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    Relax grasshopper. Characters usually enter on Thursday morning USA time, so he should be in Latests in about 5-6 hours.

This is the answer. It should be in two hours. 5pm GMT is when Deadpool flips so you can get new Spicy Tacos or Whales. It is also when Alliance Events start. That is often when I notice things like this and new stores being opened. If not then, when the data push happens tonight.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,383 Chairperson of the Boards

He didn’t arrive though. Not for the ddq flip or the PvE day change. He still cannot be favorited 6 weeks after release.

New PvP season already started as well. He is behind with no word from the devs when we expect him to arrive.

Only guesses from community members. So… it hasn’t been answered.