Costume store

Options
13»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,171 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options
    You could put one in PVP at 1100, or replace the 10-pack of mighty tokens with them on season progression; you could work them in to Simulator progression. You could work them into daily rewards instead of standard and heroic above say 2,000 days of play. There are all kinds of problems you could solve with them.

also remember the goal of advanced tokens on the dev side is to encourage people to put themselves in a situation where they have roster pressure, so you kind of want to give tokens like this to lower tier players as well.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,648 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As long as Classic characters are still required for Essentials then they would be of benefit to players who didn't get to roster those characters but who also don't want to spend CP into the Classic store. The goal of the old Devs was to collect ALL characters. I don't know what the goal of the new Devs is but I suspect it aligns to some point.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The problem with it being a benefit to players who "don't want to spend CP on Classics" is that it's a detriment to players that are willing, or choose to spend CP elsewhere, because the first group is behaving irrationally.

The primary goal of adding this token is to limit player choice. It doesn't provide a stepping stone the way Mighty tokens fit in between Heroics/Elites and LTs. It's strictly inferior to the equivalent currency (20CP) in terms of flexibility, for both the players AND THE DEVS. 20CP can be spent in multiple places by the players, and likewise, if the Devs wanted to add a "Classic token's value" to rewards, they could drip the extra CP across progression. A couple CP early on to entice players, but the rest of it higher up so that earning it requires more effort (and so that the devs are giving out less rewards overall for every player who doesn't reach that higher reward mark).

Everyone who thinks it would be nice to open Classics from time to time should just do so and stop actively trying to make the player experience worse for everyone else.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I’m not sure how replacing mighty tokens in the seasonal PvP or in somewhere else in addition to the current rewards would make it worse for optimal players. But here we are.

I’m pretty sure classic tokens would have be added if they were coming. The generosity with 5*s is pretty good even compared to a year ago so I’m not sure adding tokens will help my own progress at all, given my roster is capped by iso for the next couple of years.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The amount of free daily loot boxes a player can open in other games, compared with this one, is just insane.
    To earn a CL token somewhere, and even to get a random 5* cover from one of the 73 5*s available, won't have any type of side effect. 
    It's not as if you could earn 2 5* LT covers each month (oh, thinking about it, it already exists :D)
    And for people who use to open them, congratulations, double cup for you.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would like to see SCL 11 introduced with all the token awards moved up a level.
    standard -> elite -> heroic -> mighty -> classic 
  • allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2022
    Options
    At the risk of sounding ungrateful, the only thing I'm annoyed about is that my free token resulted in me getting a literally free costume (Peggy).  Which was converted into 500 HP.  I don't really care about the HP.  I'd have been happier with a second pull from the vault.  I realize that's slightly hard to code and all, so I get that.

Hopefully any bundles including extra pulls from this vault will A) be released in a timely manner and B ) require in-game currency like HP or CP.

Side note - I don't like to spend dollars on any mobile game, but I cracked and spent $10 on that X-Force Wolvie 8-Bit, just so I could yell Berserker Barrage when I fire his powers.  That costume is great.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options

@S0kun said:
    Glad to see everyone using your free costume token! This vault is currently only planned for Halloween. Additional "Costume Vault" tokens can be acquired in planned upcoming bundles.

So there's less than 12 hours left on this costume vault, are any of these bundles going to be available before it closes @S0kun ?

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@S0kun said:
    Glad to see everyone using your free costume token! This vault is currently only planned for Halloween. Additional "Costume Vault" tokens can be acquired in planned upcoming bundles.

So there's less than 12 hours left on this costume vault, are any of these bundles going to be available before it closes @S0kun ?

Unfortunately I misspoke and this will only be a one time free token. Sorry for the mix up!

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

I appreciate the freebie. Thanks team

• First311
    First311 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

This vault was a great idea, but poorly executed and even more poorly communicated. Big fan of everything BCS is doing but this was a swing and miss. I appreciate the free 500hp for my dupe though. For what its worth I would've flipped that 500 on an extra pull all day until I got a fresh costume. Maybe next time!

• Walk65
    Walk65 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

I believe they are trying to show all the costumes that are available. This way folks might be willing to spend money to get the ones they want later on. Just a form of advertising.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Walk65 said:
    I believe they are trying to show all the costumes that are available. This way folks might be willing to spend money to get the ones they want later on. Just a form of advertising.

Those weren't all available costumes though, quite a few were missing.