Costume store

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,171 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah you'd think they'd be at least selling tokens for actual money or something. I'd rather it just went away like the Puzzle Gauntlet specialty store if there are not going to be any further tokens available. it's just there taunting me lol

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I imagine most people who openly want a classic token aren't spending CP into classic currently, and don't want 20cp reward levels to be turned into classic tokens, but rather want them additinally worked into the reward structures to let them pull guilt free from Classic.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Based on past discussions about Classic Tokens, the most common reason is because they want to be forced to open Classic Tokens. It sounds unbelievable but that's the common reason. If you give them 20 cp, they won't use it on Classic tokens. It's the same situation with players who want to be forced by the dev to use characters they won't use. In both situations, they have the free will to open up Classic Tokens or use characters they won't use. However, they don't want to make use of that. Instead, they want the dev to force it on them.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    From a game balance resources perspective, adding 20 CP is markedly different from adding Classic Tokens. Also, some have suggested upgrading certain tokens to Classics, which is still different than substituting 20 CP.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I spend all my CP into classics these days. I would like it if some tokens got upgraded for sure but I wouldn’t want to convert any Cp to a token.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2022
    Options
    20 CP is worth more than a Classic token because it gives players flexibility and choice. There are many 4* and 5* in the game now. I'm not sure how many Classic tokens players expect a week and if it even makes sense to give it to players who hardly pull from Classics. If players want a specific 5*, they can wait for them to rotate into special store to increase the chance of pulling them from a range of 70 5* to 3 5*.

Early players are encouraged to pull from classics to fill up their rosters. And then the decision to open up Classic tokens among seasoned 5* players are not even 50:50. It's more like 90:10 (No:Yes). On top of that, Classic tokens would probably be handed out in scl 10, which needs SR120. Any players who play regularly to full progression would have rostered all, if not most, 5* by then.

Therefore, inserting Classic tokens into the game help to solve a niche situation 
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Funny, I won the coveted 5* Thor costume... but I don't have him in my roster. Yet.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    S0kun said:
    Glad to see everyone using your free costume token! This vault is currently only planned for Halloween. Additional "Costume Vault" tokens can be acquired in planned upcoming bundles.
    So it was just the one token then? This was a pretty cool idea
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    S0kun said:
    Glad to see everyone using your free costume token! This vault is currently only planned for Halloween. Additional "Costume Vault" tokens can be acquired in planned upcoming bundles.
    Read that over again.  Just the one FREE token.  Which, it's free, stop complaining.  There is an entire sentence, half the post if you will, stating there will be additional tokens available via upcoming bundles.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Beast1970 said:
    S0kun said:
    Read that over again.  Just the one FREE token.  Which, it's free, stop complaining.  There is an entire sentence, half the post if you will, stating there will be additional tokens available via upcoming bundles.
    Nobody is complaining; I meant that a costume vault was a cool idea. I appreciate the free token, just wanted to know if I should stop looking around for a daily character like we’ve been seeing so far with other vaults.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Whales have the chance to open up their wallets. I wonder how much it cost though. $3 for one token?
  • Beast1970
    Options
    Beast1970 said:
    S0kun said:
    Nobody is complaining; I meant that a costume vault was a cool idea. I appreciate the free token, just wanted to know if I should stop looking around for a daily character like we’ve been seeing so far with other vaults.
    Apologies, I had read that as 'just one token' was the sarcastic cool idea.  I agree, putting the costumes in a vault is a wonderful idea for people that want them, and people that don't can ignore them, up to individual choice with no pressure.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Beast1970 said:
    Beast1970 said:
    S0kun said:
    Apologies, I had read that as 'just one token' was the sarcastic cool idea.  I agree, putting the costumes in a vault is a wonderful idea for people that want them, and people that don't can ignore them, up to individual choice with no pressure.
    Oh no, now that guy starts posting here as well, as if it’s not enough he’s all over Line already 🤣
    Nice to see you active around here too old man, or maybe I just missed you all the time
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    S0kun said:
    Awesome, thx for the infos 👍
    I’m so gonna buy out that vault for cable costume
  • Beast1970
    Options
    Beast1970 said:
    Beast1970 said:
    S0kun said:
    Oh no, now that guy starts posting here as well, as if it’s not enough he’s all over Line already 🤣
    Nice to see you active around here too old man, or maybe I just missed you all the time
    I was more active on the forum about 8 or 9 years ago, in the time before Line was widely used by alliances.  You can actually search for our alliance thread.  Searching for old old topics can show how the game has changed over the years, including probably in depth discussions of the prior Anniversary seasons, long time alliance origins, and if you are extremely bored, go read some of the first change notes in announcements.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beast1970 said:
    Beast1970 said:
    Beast1970 said:
    S0kun said:
    I was more active on the forum about 8 or 9 years ago, in the time before Line was widely used by alliances.  You can actually search for our alliance thread.  Searching for old old topics can show how the game has changed over the years, including probably in depth discussions of the prior Anniversary seasons, long time alliance origins, and if you are extremely bored, go read some of the first change notes in announcements.
    And pour one out for all the names we lost over the years.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Based on past discussions about Classic Tokens, the most common reason is because they want to be forced to open Classic Tokens. It sounds unbelievable but that's the common reason. If you give them 20 cp, they won't use it on Classic tokens. It's the same situation with players who want to be forced by the dev to use characters they won't use. In both situations, they have the free will to open up Classic Tokens or use characters they won't use. However, they don't want to make use of that. Instead, they want the dev to force it on them.
    Gacha games or looting boxes are just for that: for to open your box and get your reward.
    Not so hard to understand, imo.
    No, I won't spend 20 cps on a CL. But I'd be happy if I could earn them and open some of them.
    By the way in other gacha games there are looting boxes absolutely for everything, for to get gold, to get XP, to get summons, to get weapons, every resource you can imagine. So it's not too weird to develop another in-game loot box a bit more.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    There need to be a purpose to inserting Classic token into the game. What problem does inserting Classic Token into the game progression solve? How does inserting Classic tokens make things better? How many Classic Tokens should be inserted into the game per week? Which SCL should it appear in? 

History is going to repeat if Classic Tokens are inserted into the game. Top players and the 1% are likely going to complain about how such tokens are useless to them. We already have a precedence where the ex-dev turned LT(?) into CP because players wanted more flexibility.

On topic, when will the cash/HP offer for costume vault pop up? It's going to be interesting to see.