Marvel Puzzle Quest Developer Q&A August 2022 (8/15/22)

Options
124»

Comments

• SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Would it be possible to give more lead time for who will be powered up/required for heroic events so players would have an opportunity to champ them?
  • Ulik
    Ulik Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hi there.  The first part of the recent Black Panther chain deal offered an affordable way to get a rare costume, Family Legacy.  There are a number of costumes that have been offered a single time or two years ago, and many players who have since built up their 5* rosters might want the chance to get those.  The sparkly red dress for Okoye, sparkly Thor, Daredevil's show outfit, Valkyrie's armor, etc.  Any chance you'll offer those in affordable bundles as you did with BP?
  • ScottM78
    ScottM78 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Do you have any thoughts on changing how PVP matching works.  It is extremely discouraging to only be presented with teams of championed 5 star characters when I only have 5 of the 72 available 5 star characters championed myself.  All of my 4 star characters feel useless when they can be taken out with one hit from a 5 star character’s powers.  It would be nice if I could choose what level characters I want to use and be paired against.  For instance if I select 4 star as the limit then I can only use 4 star characters and below and the teams I am presented to battle against can only have 4 star characters and below.  The rewards could be varied by the character star limit chosen.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Android 13 will allow the user to set the language per app instead of setting it globally. However, the app needs to support this feature. Will MPQ support this?
  • ImmortalZodd
    ImmortalZodd Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2022
    Options
    We need to acknowledge that PVP matchmatching is broken.  Players should not have to softcap their 5* to be able to continue to find non-550 level teams.  It's sad when a new player posts that they are considering selling off their only 5* because they can't find any competitive opponents and want to lower their MMR.

Would you consider creating different league options, e.g., one where 5* are capped at level 450, and players with higher level toons who want to compete are level adjusted down, and a separate league where players that want to use their 550s can go weapons free against other 550 players?
  • JRYUART
    JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks for the continued interaction with the players.

Could you divulge if there are any effective team compositions with intentional synergy that the playerbase has yet to adopt in regular play that you expected us to discover, but we have yet to do so? 

Are there characters that were designed that you expected us to embrace, but for whatever reason fell flat, and if so, what was the takeaway for you guys?  Sometimes it seems that the kit design for some of these characters prioritize adherence to the source material / interpretations of their powers over prioritizing creating synergy with existing characters that would encourage more use. 

Thanks!!
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2022
    Options
    In last month's reponses, you acknowledged the iso drought that players experience at 4* and 5* level. I would definitely appreciate any developments that allow us to earn more iso in daily play. But has any thought been given to reducing the cost of iso for those who want to buy it? Considering how little impact on progress 78,000 iso will have, the prices are extraordinary. I suspect many more people would consider buying it if the cost was reduced.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 601 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We can see the current count of players for Story events but not for Versus events. Any reason? Can this be changed?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Re-post of my 2nd question in July - 

I think I am correct in saying that the AI was "dumbed" down early in the game to the current version now. 

Any thoughts on reviving the smarter AI - for a Puzzle Gauntlet or Boss type event perhaps? 

Could make for a different challenge if the AI saw all match 5s, tried to create cascades and more strategically used powers.  
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    * Will we be able to select "remove banners" from gameplay, similar to removing animations?

* Will we be able to have more boosts at a time than currently allowed when we buy with ISO and/or at least turn on an Auto Replenish feature?
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Tons of excellent questions here! We will review these and get back by August 26th. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.