Marvel Puzzle Quest Developer Q&A August 2022 (8/15/22)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited August 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone –

Can't believe it's August already!

Thank you again to everyone that has provided so many great questions in our previous Developer Q&A's. We are excited to keep this rolling again this month.

And just to make note, here are some Q&A details to keep in mind.

• Any legitimate question is fair game, but keeping your question clear and concise will help. It's much easier to grasp the intent of a sentence or two.
  • Let's keep this to a max one or two questions each so we can manage things easily and give everyone the ability to participate. Sorry to bold this request this time but we want to make sure the team has time to answer as many participants questions each month.  If you have more questions, please save them for a future month.
  • Please submit your question for this Q&A by Noon PST on August 19th.
  • The team will review the questions and provide answers in the forums based on the collective questions from the community.  We will post the responses before EOD August 26th.

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hey guys,

Is it the plan to always run a boss event twice a month? and also what lessons were learned from the dark avengers heroic event, the comments were quite vitriolic here on the forums, but I admire the requirement for players to jump out of their comfort zone. How will this be tackled going forward? Its quite a balancing act.
  • ferig
    ferig Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hey guys!

I know you had lots of questions about flexibility in PVE times, but may a suggest a middle ground. Can we have more slices please? Ideally 10 or 12 would be good, but if you can get an extra 3 slices would total 8 could be one start each 3 hours, this would help a lot of us who neither 5 current times are good enough to compete.

thanks!
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I have taken the opportunity to pull from various special CP stores that featured Apocalypse, to build him to my biggest character. But we’ve seen almost none of those stores this year, which is quite disappointing for those wanting to pull for meta classic characters. Can they please come back into semi-regular schedule?

One big change in the Chinese New Year store in February was players being allowed to “swap” pulled covers of a 5* character that they had at max-champ 550 for another in this store. As more and more players are reaching this pinnacle in their roster, swaps are very valuable to allow us to pull from these stores without immediately wasting covers of a 5* that is already at max level.
    Can you clarify whether this will be continuing for the tent pole annual stores (eg anniversary fan favourites, CNY next year)?
  • Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Are you planning on doing SHIELD Training for the new 3-star characters?

Do you plan on expanding or adding new Milestone quests?
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is there a plan to address dilution in regards to classic 5 star characters?

Is it time for a 4 star only token and a 5 star only token?
  • leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited August 2022
    Options
    howdy and thanks for doing these,

When clearing a match, especially low level PVE, I might have to click through 4-9 screens to return to the same node, yet alone find it. Sometimes it feels like I spend more time clicking through screens than playing. Any thoughts on streamlining this end-of-game process? Perhaps making it more efficient?

Have you ever considered making landscape orientation available for mobile devices? Sometimes I get tired of holding my phone the same way. Would absolutely be overjoyed to have this option.

• doom_decrees_it
    doom_decrees_it Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Can you please fix things so that the team-ups and/or boosts don't get randomly swapped in and out from match to match? If we don't catch it while speeding through match to match (as is required in pve and pvp), it costs us actual ISO and HP. And the general annoyance of having to go in and "fix" it bsck the way we had it.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are there any plans, or ideas being thrown around, for adding more ways to spend in-game currency?

Also, players can filter through characters on their own roster. Can that same functionality be added for being able to filter through another player's roster to find a specific character? 
  • DaSal
    DaSal Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Will we ever have a roster slot sale again? It’s been over 2 years (possibly 3 years) since the last one.
  • arejaygee
    arejaygee Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I’m also curious about reinstituting roster slot sales or the possibility of changing the cost of roster slots.  

Also, is there any plan to look at the rng for how bonus shards pay out? 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I think what i'm most excited about is your plan to revamp a lot of the older characters so they can compete.

Do you have a way you're going to approach this? are you going to revamp on a schedule (off weeks, 1 of 3/4/5 per month), or by usage?

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Will there be another Players Choice poll similar to Black Knight? If so, then can the next Players Choice be a 5 star vote instead?
  • Reece98
    Reece98 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2022
    Options
    1. Any plans to provide cross-save between steam and mobile maybe through Facebook linking? I mainly play on mobile but I’d love to pick up my progress and play on the steam version too.

2. Any plans or interests to implement a live pvp mode? Marvel Battle Lines had something similar when it was still around. It doesn’t have to replace normal pvp but I think it would add another fun element for casual and competitive players.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. Under what circumstance(s) would the dev put 5* shards in pvp progression rewards, like it's done for 3*/4*?

2. What's stopping the dev from doing match damage and health buff for all older 5* simultaneously?
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    There is a rumor that such characters as red skull and omega red are not in this game because of political reasons. Is there plans for the new team to put them in? If not why? I don't care if they make red skull a 1* just so people can beat up on him. He still one of the most classic villains in all of comicbook history. Surely there a place for him in this game after 9 years.
    Thank you 
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2022
    Options
    The 4* cover in the Spicy Taco Vault.  I've asked the forum about this and was told that the cover offered daily is different for each individual.  Can you elaborate what dictates what cover is available each day?

Can we open up the scoreboards to the point where we can see every player competing against us in a pve or pvp?  
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In regards to sending team-ups to alliance mates:
    • Can the system be revamped to send specific powers instead of sending a character?
    • Can a filter/sort be added?

• LucasRaven
    LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is omega red ever coming to the game?
  • Thoooooor
    Thoooooor Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Firstly, thank you so much for making the game feel fresh again with the new characters, and looking to try new things with powers, I look forward to seeing what you do with the game in future! In some of your introductory blogs it was mentioned that September is somewhat of a milestone, such as seeing new 3*s, my question now is if you can share any information or teasers about some of your upcoming plans for September and beyond?
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am quite curious about your plans for affiliations.

1. Specifically, will there be a distinction between "Gods" (Ares, Hela, Odin, Knull, etc.) and "Godlike" (Mighty Thor, Gorr, etc.)

2. Also, what is the criteria to determine if a character is "Enhanced? 

As always, thanks for taking the time to answer these questions and for all your hard work!
This discussion has been closed.