Marvel Puzzle Quest Developer Q&A August 2022 (8/15/22)

Options

Comments

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will new 3* characters be featured more often in PVE while they are latest three, as 4* and 5* latest are?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Some other games like fallout shelter have a quest system where you can send characters to go out on some kind of idle mission you don’t control to earn resources in the background. Have you considered a system like this to allow people to put their large rosters to work? Perhaps adjust the rewards based on the character level that you deploy? I would assume sending a character on a mission like this takes them out of active playability for the duration of the mission cooldown so they wouldn't be available (unless you had a duplicate) to use on a node unless you end the mission early and forfiet any reward progress.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Right now, there are different kinds of champion rewards from characters:
    • 28 three-star characters reward two four-star characters (e.g. Doctor Strange -> Nova and Mordo)
    • 19 three-star characters reward one four-star character (e.g. Daken -> X-23)
    • 55 four-star characters reward one five-star character (e.g. Beast -> Apocalypse)
    • 73 four-star characters reward no five-star character
    Are there any plans to "normalize" the champion rewards? If yes, how do these plans look like?
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,526 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is there any plan to run smaller events alongside boss events?
    Currently when boss events run it really feels like there is not much to do. Especially during the last day of the event when I’m sure many alliances have already cleared it.
    I know some-many players welcome the day off, but I would like something else to do.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are there any plans to switch up the opponents in Shield Training events? Will they always be the same characters (thing/Mordo/Starlord, Deadpool/venom/Carter, doom bot/mockingbird/iron heart)? 
  • LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Four years ago, I asked the old regime about trying to attract more Steam players by adding achievements and trading cards.  Could these ideas be reconsidered?

(additional elaborations)

I was going to do a third about trying to get a Steam starter pack key out through one of the various bundle sites but that is a much more complex issue that should probably be dealt with separately.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    my questions:
    - any plans to revamp Daily Rewards for longtime players? As someone at over day 3050, 250 ISO doesn't have the same OOOMPH it did at day 1000
    - any plans on updating or changing the Daily Deadpool specifically the Crash of the Titans? With the current rotation schedule, there are 4 star characters that were introduced February of last year (looking at you Dark Beast) that won't be in Crash of the Titans April of 2023 at the earliest
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Options
    1. There are 274 characters in game right now.
    The need to own them is because they are required on certain nodes or because they could have a weekly buff. Finally heroic events could give another reason to the player to own them.
    But on PvE side the character who isn't scheduled on a rotating PvE is ostracized.
    If it's a 4* they occasionally (too occasionally) could appear on DDP or puzzle gauntlet, if it's a 5* and not really meta, we never fight them on PvE  (Yellowjacket, onslaught, Ghostpool, AW, Storm, Odin, etc...).
    Do you plan on refreshing PvE foes?
    2. Puzzle battles are based on the board too. What do you think about making more regular random effects like snowballs and columns/files destroyers? Could it be reprogrammed for the player could "steal" them (not exclusively helping AI)?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    when you look at updates to the game how frequently would you like to have major updates to the game? Are we up looking at annually, semi annually, quarterly? Examples in the past to major updates: supports, champ rewards, 5* characters, shield rank.  
  • Woiciu
    Woiciu Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hello there,

1. We've got waaaay more 4* than 3*, are you going to create DDQ for 4*?

2. How about changing iso to hp and hp into iso especialy when dual charcters (3* and 5*) will show up? - I post it again becouse i didn't see answer last time despite answering my other question.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2022
    Options
    1. Shield Simulator gets very boring as you close in on 50 wins or 2000 points. The meta has diversified enough that you don’t see just one team but you still typically see the same handful of teams for season after season. Has there been any consideration to extending the weekly boosts to Shield Sim to both freshen the event and add complexity for players trying to compete for the top placements?

2. VIP is underwhelming, unimaginative and stale. I wouldn’t ask you to speak for the old team in regards to why it’s been neglected, but I will ask how high is it on the priority list for revamp? From an outside perspective, it feels like low hanging fruit as far as potential revenue drivers for the game.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1) There are several clunky, dated features in game that have been mentioned already; my thought are on the overhaul of the alliance tab. Are there any plans on updating this and if so, can you give any enticing details?

2) Supports; any details outside of a look into them? Numbers are weak on some, others have questionable modifiers, only certain ones can function on certain characters/affiliations, and they would Really mix up pvp! Any thoughts that you could share with the community on your plans to address this weak link?

Thank you and good luck!
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    My only question for you guys is if you are considering expanding the time slices for the PVP events?, most times it really gets to complicated for me to play because of the really specific times.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    9RMetal said:
    My only question for you guys is if you are considering expanding the time slices for the PVP events?, most times it really gets to complicated for me to play because of the really specific times.

personally, 5 is enough. you can play any slice, start early, get your wins. and shield out at the 24hr mark.  you don't need to add more unnecessary things to pvp. it's cluttered enough with god boost, mmr and prius rosters who think they are entitled to win.  you can shield in any slice at any time..
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 467 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm easy, how do you plan to deal with roster pressure on both ISO and HP? These have both been victim of more and more heroes being released and event rewards don't do any better for your daily player than when they were formulated, with a handful of 4s or 5s entirely.

As an ALMOST 5* player I can admit that we can almost keep track with new releases (new 3s will set us back for sure though)... it's a horrible place to be a new player without reward structures changing to fit them though, they'll never catch up as it stands.

I guess my second question then is: do you want to make the 3* tier a decent place to be, and not just a stepping-stone to the real game in 4+?
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    hi again.

first of all, i (we) appreciate the monthly Q&A sessions.
    my first question is in regards to dilution. Is there anything in the works in improving the  odds to pull better characters. Is there a possibility to going back to the newest 10 to 20 4* in the Latest Legends store?  or a possibility of splitting the 4* in half between latest and classic?

second question: will VIP be updated to be more current and rewarding. Been playing other games, and at least 4 of these, have 2 versions of VIP. one is free and the other is a subscription based. the paid one has 3x more than the free ones.  The current VIP is old and is not rewarding enough.

thanks, PS don't forget to remove god boosts.  :)
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 341 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2022
    Options
    1.   With the heavy advertising on Marvel.com, will we see the game advertised as a commercial while watching Marvel shows when Disney+ goes ad-tier to bring in more players?
    2.  When will we see the implementation of the new player experience and changes to retain the new players?

• ImmortalZodd
    ImmortalZodd Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    as a quality of life improvement, can you please allow players to use 5*s for the 1* and 2* DP dailies? It's tedious how long it takes to clear those three nodes, year after year. 

Also, are you planning to switch the composition of the Shield Training enemy teams? It seems odd to have the new character with a required 4/5* who may/may not have any synergy, against the same fairly synergized enemy teams. 
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Do you plan on bringing back the 7 day events and/or the gauntlet event?

Also, do you plan on ever rerunning the infinity stone store that was up when infinity wars aired years ago (since getting a stone through getting T1 in a season is mostly impossible for like 90% of the players)?
This discussion has been closed.