Survivor Challenge Doesn't work with Lich's Mastery + Lifelink [Investigating]

Abracadavers
Abracadavers Posts: 61 Match Maker
If you have Lich's Mastery out with a lifelink creature, the Lich's Mastery prevents the life gain.  However, if you are trying to do a Survivor challenge and your last hit is with a life link creature, the life gain is still applied and it can spoil the Survivor challenge since your final recorded life total will be higher than it actually was at the end of the game.

For example, I was playing Nodes of Power black node, was at 4 life with a Lich's Mastery out, had a 22/22 Olivia with lifelink, killed my opponent, and it said my final life was 26 which is higher than the 20 or less life required for the Survivor challenge so it failed.  It should have read 4 life at the end and succeeded.

This has happened to me multiple times and seems reproducible.  Or am I just missing something?

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello @Abracadavers,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    If you have Lich's Mastery out with a lifelink creature, the Lich's Mastery prevents the life gain.  However, if you are trying to do a Survivor challenge and your last hit is with a life link creature, the life gain is still applied and it can spoil the Survivor challenge since your final recorded life total will be higher than it actually was at the end of the game.

For example, I was playing Nodes of Power black node, was at 4 life with a Lich's Mastery out, had a 22/22 Olivia with lifelink, killed my opponent, and it said my final life was 26 which is higher than the 20 or less life required for the Survivor challenge so it failed.  It should have read 4 life at the end and succeeded.

This has happened to me multiple times and seems reproducible.  Or am I just missing something?
    that node itself was bugged.   even with no lifelink in play it seemed to add an amount at the end