***** Moon Knight (Avatar of Khonshu) *****

Options
1235»

Comments

• TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I guess its all perspective. The majority of players don't have champ 5s or post on message boards either.

I just look at it as there are countless teams that work in PVE. A character that also does well in PVP therefore is more valuable.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So what you are saying is that we can look forward to a rework in a couple years to lower his AP cost and raise his health and match damage.
    I hope not . The game is a MATCH 3. That’s the concept of winning, not firing powers as fast as possible to short cut wins.  There are plenty of other Marvel Games where you can use powers without playing Match 3, I presume. These 5 star characters should have 12-14 AP costs for the amount of damage they do. They’ve ruined MPQ over the past few years by catering to speed fanboys . 

I wouldn't even say its a matter of just speed. Its passives.

When characters exist that have powers that activate every turn for free that are just as powerful as others that cost 10+ its a no brainer as to which ones are gonna get used and which ones are gonna ride the bench in PVP.

It is very hard to beat a team of BRB/Kitty if I'm taking 3+ turns to fire off trap tiles and then wait more turns for them to go off.

That is why so many people will say new characters are Meh. Because the bar is can they beat teams A/B/C in PVP.

I'm sure plenty of people would love to play the game in a traditional match 3 fashion. But the PVP game being dominated by the same teams has forced their hand.

PvP is a distant second to why players play . For most it’s an event played less than an hour every 60 hours . No one comes here for that . But you are correct that players mostly want passive powers doing damage as meta .
    PVP is not a distant second.  My observations have been that most players play for PVP because PVE is a mindless grind.  PVP is the only real challenge in the game, which drives players to get stronger characters to fight with.  

Now, it is a challenge ranking high in PVE, like top 5, but that’s a different kind of challenge.  Some players focus on their PVE rank while others focus on their PVP rank.  I suppose only the die hard players focus on both.  But when I asked this question long ago, the answer I got was that players focus on PVP because PVE is just a mindless grind to get rewards.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    Options
    That's interesting because I remember that some players said that the dev said that pvps have lower participation rates than pves. Over in reddit, most newer players hit the first cp or HP progress before they give up because it's impossible to beat those 5* enemies. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Thanos said:
    His green CD is fortified and the destroyed row deals no damage or gains AP. His match damage is very low for some reason.
    Just checked this. His match damage at lv255 is 184/164/144, which is exactly the same as Mr Sinister, who was released in March 2020. Which means at lv450, his match damage will be 738/656/574.

@IceIX any reason for this sudden nerf? Is it just a bug?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I played the first battle with valkirye and melinda in order to fire green every turn and at level 1/1/1 he totally nullifies AI MK.
    So on pick 3 in 4* tier he could shine.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options

They never entered the 450 numbers correctly on this post. I commented about it when this post was made and messaged them but they never corrected it. Even when they edited the page to reveal Moon Knight, the numbers weren't fixed.

So I don't think this is a nerf, just a lack of communication. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    Options

They never entered the 450 numbers correctly on this post. I commented about it when this post was made and messaged them but they never corrected it. Even when they edited the page to reveal Moon Knight, the numbers weren't fixed.

So I don't think this is a nerf, just a lack of communication. 
    True that. The stats on this thread are still incorrectly copypasta-ed from Abigail.

I’m just wondering why they gave Moon Knight pre-pandemic stats, especially when we just got Starlord becoming the first 5* to exceed 1000 match damage at lv450.
  • EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    Knull can redirect 33% damage dealt by the chosen enemy back to a random-non target enemy with his 9 purple ap active power. This damage can be boosted by your strike tiles. If you're talking about passive power that does that, we don't have one yet.

SC can already deal more than 1 million damage with the right setup but it's an overkill.

A 450 SC with 3/5/5 at 10 combo points deals (5360+992)*3*4.5 = 72360 for a crit red match-3

If he's making a crit charged red match-3, it's ((5360+992)*3*2+(5350+992))*4.5 = 200, 043 damage.

Ah, thank you Hound for doing the math! Now it's more clear to me. :)

As for the numbers needed for the powers - I've been currently playing in his PVP where he is loaned. And I've gotta say that he gets his powers even if they are expensive. xD Which is a bit annoying since he can take out 4 stars with that black dmg. :|

For feeders - why do I think that the 3 star Iron Fist would be a good match for him? Fist can always make him blacks, not to mention that is the same color palette Green, Black and Purple.
    3 star Hulk can give him green and 3 Wanda - purple. xD
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    EienRyuu said:

For feeders - why do I think that the 3 star Iron Fist would be a good match for him? Fist can always make him blacks, not to mention that is the same color palette Green, Black and Purple.
    3 star Hulk can give him green and 3 Wanda - purple. xD
    I think his green can take down more effectively 4*s, with valkirye and melinda. 
    IF will feed black but losing purple(however I think wanda 3* stun will be better than his traps softcapped).
    And hulk 3* needs to tank for giving green. Better hulk TA.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It’s been showing for me for days now and says 3 days left still. And half my alliance seems to have been lucky to pull a MoonKnight cover from it! 
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It’s been showing for me for days now and says 3 days left still. And half my alliance seems to have been lucky to pull a MoonKnight cover from it! 
    never mind i got that one mixed up with 3's a crowd store
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So what is a good team for him? He seems to have high cost powers with only mid range health. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For those who wanted Crystal we're kind of dammed if you do dammed if you don't, either had to pull while Brand was around or now with Moon Knight unfortunately.  Sucks black isn't his strongest color as Valkyrie could have at least made the 10 AP cost a bit more bearable. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Flanking Moon Knight with two match-draggers will be good with him. Crystal and Odin are really great for such roles.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options

From the rebalance on January 4, 2024:
    Green now costs 6, does less damage, maxes at a 3-turn countdown.
    Black appears unchanged.
    Purple now costs 7, damage from traps and in response to a stun attempt massively increased.

My Moon Knight is at level 459, so I can't compare numbers directly to the values in the first post here, the purple traps do 10k damage, more than doubled, and the stun retaliation does 34k damage, almost a 5x increase.

• obikenobi12
    obikenobi12 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options

thanks for sharing what changed! i think this update will help him be much more competitive. i mainly always used him as an anti stun character so that the dmg from that got 5x better is really huge!

• BlackBoltRocks
    edited 5 January 2024, 02:45
    Options

OLD vs NEW stats (at lv450)

OLD match damage: 738/656/574

NEW health & match damage: 81192. 941/837/732

OLD GREEN: 10 AP
    Level 3: Deals 8013 damage. Reduces and reflects 2842 damage
    Level 4: Deals 10150 damage. Reduces and reflects 3390 damage
    Level 5: Deals 13729 damage. Reduces and reflects 4263 damage

NEW GREEN: 6 AP
    Level 3: Deals 5163 damage. Reduces and reflects 2668 damage
    Level 4: Deals 6054 damage. Reduces and reflects 3116 damage
    Level 5: Deals 8724 damage. Reduces and reflects 3565 damage

BLACK: no change

OLD PURPLE: 10 AP
    Level 3: 3 Trap tiles that deal 4095 when matched by enemy, steal 2 SAP tiles and improve by 534. PASSIVE: Deals 4985 damage and steal 3 AP
    Level 4: 3 Trap tiles that deal 4451 when matched by enemy, steal 2 SAP tiles and improve by 712. PASSIVE: Deals 4985 damage and steal 3 AP
    Level 5: 3 Trap tiles that deal 4451 when matched by enemy, steal 3 SAP tiles and improve by 534. PASSIVE: Deals 7478 damage and steal 3 AP

NEW PURPLE: 7 AP
    Level 3: 3 Trap tiles that deal 4896 when matched or destroyed by anyone, steal 2 SAP tiles and improve by 623. PASSIVE: Deals 18463 damage and steal 3 AP
    Level 4: 3 Trap tiles that deal 4896 when matched or destroyed by anyone, steal 2 SAP tiles and improve by 712. PASSIVE: Deals 23155 damage and steal 3 AP
    Level 5: 3 Trap tiles that deal 9792 when matched or destroyed by anyone, steal 3 SAP tiles and improve by 712. PASSIVE: Deals 32084 damage and steal 3 AP