Additional 3* characters

idragon3
idragon3 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
Hi devs and agents. I wanted to throw out an idea that has come up between a friend and I on several occasions. Every time a new  4* or 5* character is added, my friend mentions that it is frustrating that there is another character it will take forever to get recruited for him. He is only a free-player, as he can’t dump money into the game. We both feel like it would be nice to see some new 3* characters dropped in and not just see another powerhouse added. It’d be cool to have a new 2*, or even a 1* occasionally. 

For some perspective, I’ve racked up 2,608 days of play. I talked my friend into signing up about 2 years ago. I’ve been rather fortunate to be able to collect almost all the characters out. My friend, on the other hand, tends to stress out a bit when he picks up a new rare cover. He doesn’t always have the resources to recruit it. 
We both feel like it would be a boon to the newer players to have new, more accessible covers. For veteran players, it would be fun to give us some new options to put in lower power squads. 
Devs, thank you for making such a fantastic and addictive fun game. 
Time to get off my soapbox. Excelsior! 
Tagged:

Comments

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    The_Boi_of_Steel Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    I have to agree.  4 and 5 star characters are coming out of the woodwork like crazy.  How about you guys work more on getting us new campaigns/stories rather than new characters ALL THE TIME. 

For someone who does pay, it’s starting to get a bit boring playing the same games.
  • MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    idragon3 said:
    Hi devs and agents. I wanted to throw out an idea that has come up between a friend and I on several occasions. Every time a new  4* or 5* character is added, my friend mentions that it is frustrating that there is another character it will take forever to get recruited for him. He is only a free-player, as he can’t dump money into the game. We both feel like it would be nice to see some new 3* characters dropped in and not just see another powerhouse added. It’d be cool to have a new 2*, or even a 1* occasionally. 

For some perspective, I’ve racked up 2,608 days of play. I talked my friend into signing up about 2 years ago. I’ve been rather fortunate to be able to collect almost all the characters out. My friend, on the other hand, tends to stress out a bit when he picks up a new rare cover. He doesn’t always have the resources to recruit it. 
    We both feel like it would be a boon to the newer players to have new, more accessible covers. For veteran players, it would be fun to give us some new options to put in lower power squads. 
    Devs, thank you for making such a fantastic and addictive fun game. 
    Time to get off my soapbox. Excelsior! 
    Congratulations! The game would be much more interesting!
  • MissoesRicRose
    I have to agree.  4 and 5 star characters are coming out of the woodwork like crazy.  How about you guys work more on getting us new campaigns/stories rather than new characters ALL THE TIME. 

For someone who does pay, it’s starting to get a bit boring playing the same games.
    I believe all players agree! Boring characters and no new events. Very repetitive!
  • MissoesRicRose
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/77748/more-3-is-it-possible#latest

I reported this in 2019.
    I think they could add many characters not as well known as 3*, such as: Hercules; Warpath; Songbird; Calypso; Rhino; Quasar; Spiral....
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/77748/more-3-is-it-possible#latest

I reported this in 2019.
    I think they could add many characters not as well known as 3*, such as: Hercules; Warpath; Songbird; Calypso; Rhino; Quasar; Spiral....
    Looks like you got your Rhino wish
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    idragon3 said:
    My friend, on the other hand, tends to stress out a bit when he picks up a new rare cover. He doesn’t always have the resources to recruit it. 

While I don't disagree with throwing in a new 3* every now and then (even though I wouldn't ever use them outside of required nodes)... Using this argument, wouldnt that make your friend's problem even worse? Because then he would also have to keep up with the 3* releases
  • MNboundWalrus
    MNboundWalrus Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    As an adult player who spent his Covid Stimulus checks exclusively on MPQ, I agree with having more 2* and 3* characters, though 1* not so much. Except where required I never use lower than 2*.
  • MissoesRicRose
    As an adult player who spent his Covid Stimulus checks exclusively on MPQ, I agree with having more 2* and 3* characters, though 1* not so much. Except where required I never use lower than 2*.
    They just want to put characters with 4*. It's almost impossible to get a 5*
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I have thought for a few years that Mack from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. would make a good 3* character, especially with his shotgun-age. 

Since we already have a dual "character" of Cloak and Dagger, I would love to see Fitz-Simmons as a dual 3* character.  They could switch between medical help or biological weaponery and engineering weapons (e.g.,  ICERS).