Character Creation Challenge: Fantomex

Options
Akoni
Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
This is the one year anniversary of the character creation challenge. Time went by so fast. The last few CCC coasted by with no submissions or comments. Is the community interested in seeing these challenges continue? If so, leave a comment below. If there are suggestions, leave those below as well. With that said, let's get to this month's challenge, Fantomex.

Everyone is encouraged to participate. Just follow 3 rules:
  1. You may choose any depiction of the title character (younger, older, alternate reality, etc.).
  2. Provide some details like the colors of the powers and description or more if you're feeling more expressive. Include as much or little detail as you desire. As an example, I will begin the challenge with my own design.
  3. Take inspiration from anyone or anywhere, but give credit, if due.

Constructive discussion is encouraged. If you have any suggestions for a future CCC, leave a comment.

LET'S BEGIN! 

Check out the challenge that kicked it all off: Vlad Dracula.

Comments

• Akoni
    Options

Charlie Cluster-7 (Fantomex)

4 Star (Legendary)

Affiliation: Heroes
    Health: Moderate
    Match Damage: Moderate

Reconnaissance 0  AP
    (PASSIVE) Charlie sends E.V.A. on a mission to collect intel. If there isn't one, create a 1-turn Black Repeater tile that destroys 1 Team-Up tile dealing damage and generating AP. When you have 10 or more Team-Up AP, this power becomes Discharge.
    (At level 70)
    • Level 2: no change
    • Level 3: becomes Discharge at 9 or more Team-Up AP
    • Level 4: becomes Discharge at 8 or more Team-Up AP
    • Level 5: becomes Discharge at 7 or more Team-Up AP
    >>>  Discharge 6  AP
    E.V.A. emits a short-range pulse shutting down everything and everyone nearby. Create a 2-turn Repeater tile that removes any surrounding enemy special tiles, stunning the target for 1 turn for each one removed (max 4 turns).  When you have less than 10 Team-Up AP, this power becomes Reconnaissance.
    (At level 70)
    • Level 2: no change
    • Level 3: becomes Discharge at less than 9 Team-Up AP
    • Level 4: becomes Discharge at less than 8 Team-Up AP
    • Level 5: becomes Discharge at less than 7 Team-Up AP

Healing Trance 5  AP
    Charlie enters a trance-like state to enhance his healing factor. Create a 2-turn Blue Repeater tile. If Charlie Cluster-7's health is below 50% when it reaches zero, stun him for 1 turn. Otherwise, he gets a burst of 336 health.
    (PASSIVE) Charlie Cluster-7 gets a burst of 604 health each turn he is stunned.
    (At level 70)
    • Level 2: 395 or 711 health
    • Level 3: 494 or 889 health
    • Level 4: 658 or 1185 health
    • Level 5: 940 or 1693 health

Charmed & Dangerous 7  AP
    Charlie draws you in with a compelling story to distract you from what's really going on. Fortify up to 3 friendly Repeater tiles and deal 300 damage for each one fortified.
    (PASSIVE) When a friendly Repeater tile reaches zero, deal 50 damage to the enemy team.
    (At level 70)
    • Level 2: deal 450 damage for each one fortified
    • Level 3: deal 625 damage for each one fortified... deal 100 to the enemy team
    • Level 4: fortify up to 4 friendly Repeater tiles
    • Level 5: deal 937 damage for each one fortified... deal 200 to the enemy team
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hey! Not exactly posted my thoughts on the character, but do you or anyone know much about the character? Fantomax has been someone I see in everything, but I actually know next to nothing about him. I know I can easily google him or look at his wiki but I find it more entertaining and interesting to learn from the character from someone else. Worst case, I can just look him up. Thanks! 
  • Akoni
    Options
    Fantomex is one of those weird semi-popular characters that people have heard of, but don't know much about. His origin is somewhat vague with the only known fact is that he was created and raised in The World (a secret facility where time runs different) in one of the weapon programs. He's believed to be a mutant, but that's not 100% certain to the reader. His brain/nervous system is broken up into 3 parts, one of which is a device called E.V.A which he can deploy to fly him around, do reconnaissance, or spy. This also makes it almost impossible to read his mind. His French accent is also fake.

As weird as all that sounds, he was able to somehow assimilate some power that gave him a lot more abilities. I'm not even going to try to explain that one. It's best to just look that one up on his wiki.
  • MNboundWalrus
    MNboundWalrus Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    All I remember about Fantomex was his creation in The World as noted by Akoni. I’m under the impression he was originally known as Weapon XIII (13) but I could be wrong.
    This was due to Wolverine not being Weapon X (echhs) but Weapon X (ten). I hadn’t heard of him referred to as Charlie Cluster-7, but I also haven’t read comics since 2016, and my memory is a bit foggy.