Chaos League presents: The Chaotic Limerick contest!

Options
2»

Comments

• mischiefmaker
    Options
    Just a reminder that entries are due by noon today (or, for the MPQ-obsessed, when there are 9 hours left in Unholy Outlaw)!
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know my above are late, but I had meant to put them before. My internet was acting up icon_e_sad.gif
    Will you still judge it?
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Grand prize winner: DirigiblePilot, who submitted the only qualifying entry and isn't already in an alliance (that I know of). Congratulations DP! To pick up your prize, please submit an application to join Chaos League any time before the end of the Simulator event. If you'd rather pass, you may pick someone to get the prize in your stead, or let us pick another winner.

Honorable mentions:

Favorite limerick (non-scanning division): Jorgon
    Most unexpected subject: Eddiemon (purple v. pink)
    Best Incorporation Of Tinykitty: Vairelome
    Best Incorporation Of FittedKitchens: Alarron
    Best effort (tie): DirigiblePilot and Mooseman22883

Thanks to everyone who entered! Hope you had fun with the contest and look forward to seeing what you come up with for the next one!
  • Um...mine scans. I didn't use catalexis in the third line because I was trying to get the beat on "mask", but I did use extra syllable rhyme (as I did in every other line). It definitely flows, and it follows the construction in the wiki page.
    Anapaestic meter (ta ta TUM), catalexis and extra syllable rhyme can make it look amphibrachic (ta TUM ta)--see the wiki link

((Empty syllable) there ONCE) (was a DUDE) (named t' CHAL) la <--extra syllable rhyme
    ((Empty syllable) whose BOD) (y made ALL) (the chicks HOL) ler <--extra syllable rhyme, r is usually colloquially dropped
    (though his MASK) (ain't that PRET) ty <--no catalexis, extra syllable rhyme
    ((Empty syllable) he's NO) (ti ny KIT) ty <--extra syllable rhyme
    ((Empty syllable) poor FLAT) (mags t' CHAL) (la's a BAL) ler <--extra syllable rhyme, r is usually colloquially dropped

Thanks for the honorable mention.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cool! I have always loved constructing limericks, so I was really excited when I saw the thread icon_e_biggrin.gif Thanks for the great prize, mischief!
    Additionally, Vairelome, I do agree that your limerick scans, plus it was just fun to read icon_e_wink.gif
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    I had no problem with the first four lines, which were great, but I couldn't read the last line as having emphasis on FLAT -- the emphasis seemed pretty clearly to me to be on MAGS.

This is what I get for requiring technical precision! Next time we'll do haikus. icon_razz.gif