***** Abigail Brand (Commander of S.W.O.R.D.) *****

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    PASSIVE) Up to 3 times per turn, when a friendly Countdown or Repeater tile's count reaches 0, Abigail Brand's team gains a burst of 353 health. (Max level 1419 health)

A repeater never reachs 0. So my guess is that any repeater activating pulls her passives until reaching the capped limit.

Antivenom damages with karoline dean active green, however it doesn't work with GE's yellow or odin's healing, so it's a total mistery if it will work with her conditional healing. 

I think abigail could reinforce a nasty defensive deterrent with odin and a dangerous third.It should  be a team made for delaying the attacking player.
    I don't see any other use for her, but it could be an effective use if it becomes popular. 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Bad said:
    PASSIVE) Up to 3 times per turn, when a friendly Countdown or Repeater tile's count reaches 0, Abigail Brand's team gains a burst of 353 health. (Max level 1419 health)

A repeater never reachs 0. So my guess is that any repeater activating pulls her passives until reaching the capped limit.

Antivenom damages with karoline dean active green, however it doesn't work with GE's yellow or odin's healing, so it's a total mistery if it will work with her conditional healing. 

I think abigail could reinforce a nasty defensive deterrent with odin and a dangerous third.It should  be a team made for delaying the attacking player.
    I don't see any other use for her, but it could be an effective use if it becomes popular. 

Repeaters start over when they reach 0.
    Repeater tiles - Similar to Countdown tiles, but after the count reaches 0 and the effect is triggered, the tile remains on the board and the count resets.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor

At the 5* tier I'm seeing Apocalypse, Kitty, Ronan, Hawkeye and Iceman. With Kitty and Apocalypse you have much better options though even at the 4* tier.

With Apoc, both he and Abigail are competing for yellow - not ideal.
    With Iceman, you want Abigail's yellow to reduce his green CDs, but you don't want it to reduce his blue CDs and you definitely don't want it to reduce his yellow CD.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just realised who her best partners are: Muscle, Hitman and Thug. I think there's one more but I forgot the name. One of them has an AoE which hits pretty hard. Just imagine her yellow countdown reduce the AoE cd to zero.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,803 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just realised who her best partners are: Muscle, Hitman and Thug. I think there's one more but I forgot the name. One of them has an AoE which hits pretty hard. Just imagine her yellow countdown reduce the AoE cd to zero.
    I said that way back on page 3 or something!  They need to start putting her in high level PvE fights with, like muscles, or symbiotes, ninjas or rock guy goons.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2022
    Mindless ones green aoe that obliterates your whole team,  or the magia don black that instantly downs whoever is in front at the time it goes off.
  • HoundofShadow
    They could start rolling her out in the next updated simulator with these goons in challenge nodes.  :D

Mindless one could work well too. It must be years since that black power down my character. Their AoE caught me last year though. I remember I had to rebuild my 5* Thor to half health from scratch. 

I read a theory that certain characters were created with the AI or goons in mind. I'm not sure how true this theory is.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Creating a hero affiliate character to pair with Maggia goons seems like a wild choice to me, but 4* Kingpin was rebalanced in such a way that he definitely works better with goons than he did before.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,803 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are Shield versions of the Hammer goons, so they could definitely reskin them to Sword goons, right?  (I don't know what any of those words mean). I wouldn't want to fight her with a lvl650 Lieutenant and a Sniper or a Pyro.

If she was originally designed to be an enemy character in a PvE with goons, then her kit actually makes a ton of sense.

Hey, why don't we have a playable Gorgon yet?
  • TheRiddler

That is sick and twisted.
  • TheRiddler
    So let me ask this question for those that may have the others. How would you rank Gamora, Sersei and Abigail Brand? Obviously you just have to go off the paper numbers for Abigail.
  • HoundofShadow
    I've Gamora champed and she's really good in wave nodes. Her yellow repeaters can create infinite stunlock, like Billy Club does. If we are talking about dealing with meta in pick-2 or pick 3 pvp, she works fine, but not as effective as my Ultron team.  :D

If you like using 5torm, you would love Sersi. She's those kind of puzzly characters (board manipulation) that you either like or dislike because she is a pure support character with a one-hit wonder aoe cd. That CD could revive her too so she might see some value when you are going to eat a nuke in CN.

As for Abigail, she's another niche support character that revolves around cd/repeaters. Her most painful power deals only 9.3k damage though.

In terms of ranking, 
    1. Sersi 2. Gamora 3. Abigail

I'm surprised Big Wheel is not in your list since he's sandwiched in between Sersi and Abigail.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Abigail feels adjacent to Odin to me so far but I’d like to play her and figure out how it works in practice.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I said that way back on page 3 or something!  They need to start putting her in high level PvE fights with, like muscles, or symbiotes, ninjas or rock guy goons.
    OMG, thank tinykitty she only resolves one countdown at a time. Her fed by Muscle and resolving Tommy Gun and Mindless One countdowns in a challenge node would be awful. 
  • TheRiddler
    I've Gamora champed and she's really good in wave nodes. Her yellow repeaters can create infinite stunlock, like Billy Club does. If we are talking about dealing with meta in pick-2 or pick 3 pvp, she works fine, but not as effective as my Ultron team.  :D

If you like using 5torm, you would love Sersi. She's those kind of puzzly characters (board manipulation) that you either like or dislike because she is a pure support character with a one-hit wonder aoe cd. That CD could revive her too so she might see some value when you are going to eat a nuke in CN.

As for Abigail, she's another niche support character that revolves around cd/repeaters. Her most painful power deals only 9.3k damage though.

In terms of ranking, 

I'm surprised Big Wheel is not in your list since he's sandwiched in between Sersi and Abigail.

I'm trying to figure out which group to target with Big Wheel.
    I guess mostly deciding between Gamora and Abigail.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the group to target honestly. Gamora is certainly better than Abigail looking at the numbers.
    She has a good damage ability, a great yellow, and a stun.
    I think Abigail will end up as the worst release since before Mehneto.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    As bad as my pull rates have been getting, I may have to pick and choose soon. Karen here feels like a skip to me if it comes to that. She is only one release away from meta though, if it’s the right release.

The game is getting taxing after all these years. Please stop playing it safe and blow things up with another killer release to be excited about/debate about their impending nerf. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

In terms of ranking, 

Regardless if you choose Gamora or not you should see who is released after Brand. If it is the next Apocalypse then you will have many more pulls and probably won't miss Gamora.
  • Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    That's the problem. I want Big Wheel and Sersi but I don't feel i need more than the 5 covers I have for Gamora. With how mediocre Brand looks, it seems I picked the worst time to come back playing lol. Odin, Electro, Gamora, SC, BW, Sersi, and Brand have been my choices so far 😩. 

I really wish I knew whether the next 5* was going to be amazing. I'd just keep hoarding until then and snatch BW at that point. Seems like I may be forced to skip Sersi since there's no way the next 5 can be worse than Brand and at least as interesting as Sersi. 

Sekilicious said:

In terms of ranking, 

Regardless if you choose Gamora or not you should see who is released after Brand. If it is the next Apocalypse then you will have many more pulls and probably won't miss Gamora.

• HoundofShadow
    They'll usually do a sneak preview over the weekend. So, you can guess whether that character would be amazing or not before Gamora rolls out.