Just some complaints

Options

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you are taking 30 to 50 minutes for each clear and grind, chances are you getting T50, or at best T20 with some luck in SCL 10 pves. The differences between T20 and T50 placement rewards aren't a lot:

10 hp, 500iso-8, 25 5* shards, 1 4* cover, 25 4* shards. 

The differences between T50 and T100 placement rewards are:

10 hp, 500 iso-8,  25 4* shards

If you really want to focus on getting T10, you need to cut down your clear and grind to 25 minutes each. Don't bother playing competitively if you can't hit this timing because the difference in placement rewards aren't worth your waking up at 4.30am.
    You can pretty easily make top 20 in most flips simply by playing within an hour or two of the slice deadline. Top-10 is harder without sniping as most enter as soon as the flip occurs and still can manage the 25-30 minute clears. Or at least when I look at their roster they all have giant Okoye/iHulk or Apocalypse/Thor. With sniping you are limited to which slice you play (probably only slice 5 at SCL10, Slices 2 to 4 only flip once and the second flip on Slice 1 is still pretty competitive) and risk not making progression. 

The SCLs lower than 10 are no where near as busy. Many do not flip at all.
    All slices between CL7 and CL9 flip at least once except 4.7 (Never) and 2.7 (Only Occasionally). There are plenty of flips to be found that are not in CL10.
    1.9 and 5.9 regularly flip three or four times per event. The only CL10 that regularly flips four times is 5.10 (counting the pre-join flip, of course).
    Ok, my bad. I do not pay enough attention to have a viable opinion to the lower slices. I'm not entirely sure why I made reference to them anyways. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm really confused now.  OP has been waking up at 4am and suffering what sounds like an enormous amount of stress, all to place top 50 or so?  I assumed from the tone of this discussion that they were a top 10 player at minimum, and in competition for first place every event.

The amount of extra rewards gained between t50 and t100, as pointed out by Hound, is extremely low.  OP, you are stressing yourself out and losing sleep over 10HP and 500iso.  Why?
    hehehe

His initial concerns were blown out of proportion.  there are plenty of slices to chose from.  But everyone wants a more convenient way to play pve.  Putting aside any ranking/placement issues.  Everyone would love to be able to initiate their start or finish at a more convenient time.  And the current slice distribution method is a reasonable way to balance player convenience, slice population count, and ease of software development. 

Personally, I think no matter how they change PVE, your placement will stay the same.  Whatever advantage OP (or any player) receives will be available to all the other players who are currently placing ahead of them.  So its not worth our energy to really debate the issue.  To be honest,  most of the late bracket snipers will actually suffer from any change because inevitably the first bracket behemoths will now be measured with the late bracket orcas.  So I actually expect my personal placements to improve because late bracket players will dilute the INTENSITY of competition 

But being able to start and or finish at our convenience is definitely worth letting other people debate.     
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:
    I'm really confused now.  OP has been waking up at 4am and suffering what sounds like an enormous amount of stress, all to place top 50 or so?  I assumed from the tone of this discussion that they were a top 10 player at minimum, and in competition for first place every event.

The amount of extra rewards gained between t50 and t100, as pointed out by Hound, is extremely low.  OP, you are stressing yourself out and losing sleep over 10HP and 500iso.  Why?
    hehehe

His initial concerns were blown out of proportion.  there are plenty of slices to chose from.  But everyone wants a more convenient way to play pve.  Putting aside any ranking/placement issues.  Everyone would love to be able to initiate their start or finish at a more convenient time.  And the current slice distribution method is a reasonable way to balance player convenience, slice population count, and ease of software development. 

Personally, I think no matter how they change PVE, your placement will stay the same.  Whatever advantage OP (or any player) receives will be available to all the other players who are currently placing ahead of them.  So its not worth our energy to really debate the issue.  To be honest,  most of the late bracket snipers will actually suffer from any change because inevitably the first bracket behemoths will now be measured with the late bracket orcas.  So I actually expect my personal placements to improve because late bracket players will dilute the INTENSITY of competition 

But being able to start and or finish at our convenience is definitely worth letting other people debate.     
    But that's exactly the point everyone has been making!  You can *already* start and finish at your convenience, as long as you're not worried about placement rewards. 

If you're going for first place or t10 rewards then, yes, you are beholden to their schedule.  Otherwise you can already do 4-5 clears in CL10 whenever you feel like it.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Without wanting to sound preachy, anyone getting up at 4:30am just to grind PvE needs to have a serious word with themselves, competitive or not.
  • Qazzy
    Qazzy Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2022
    Options

I'm upset because I want to try my best but life keep blocking me, this has nothing to do with those HP or iso. It’s like you are participating in a race, hoping to get as good result as possible in accordance with the rules of the race, but there will always be some people who have nothing to do with the race to hold you, making you unable to race as hard as you can.
    Then the other participants said, "Hey, I was also randomly pulled by someone during the race. This is fair competition."; Or say "Hey, this is just a race, I can walk to the finish line, and the prizes are almost the same, so don’t work so hard.", the organizer only treat this issue coldly from start to finish. 

As I said earlier, my main expectation should be having more flexible game mechanics rather than those placement rewards, and it’s not my style to ignore the results of game, I still hope I can get as high as possible within the rules.

Rod5 said:
    Without wanting to sound preachy, anyone getting up at 4:30am just to grind PvE needs to have a serious word with themselves, competitive or not.

hmm... I just tried to change the time of staying up late to getting up early. I think waking up 2 hours earlier than regular is better than sleep 2 hours later than regular :p:wink: .
  • Qazzy
    Qazzy Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thanks for the advice 😃
    Can't say I'm not playing for rewards, but rewards are not the reason for me to arguing the ending time issue, I just hate that my score affected by life events, internet speed or even mobile devices performance so much.
    I must say it's not healthy for me to play optimal;
    But it's just boring for me to not play optimal, all nodes are just so easy if just aim to beat the foes😶

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You come back to this after almost two years?
    Holy thread necromancy, Batman!

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

I like it.

And, yes, the MPQ metagame of organising your entire life around playing when it tells you to would be best nuked from orbit.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Another one threatening with quitting the game, and what a coincidence, after 2 years here we have him.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DrClever said:
    I like it.

And, yes, the MPQ metagame of organising your entire life around playing when it tells you to would be best nuked from orbit.

Only way to be sure.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    I'm feeling fairly underwhelmed with the game as late, 10th anniversary has been a damp squib, quandary exists, ascension is only useful if you have champed 4's which very few of us have, q&a is too selective. I lost my job as community manager.
    I also can't understand why ppl live by mpq time slices when they are already top of the game in both senses of the word.
    Maybe I'm just getting old and miserable but this forum can also drag me down as I see all the pointless arguments about something that really doesn't need us to be each others throats because we don't always agree.

I disagree with all of this wholeheartedly, and also retroactively disagree with every other post you've ever made, as well as proactively disagreeing with any future post. Now let's fight about it!

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

I'm feeling fairly underwhelmed with the game as late, 10th anniversary has been a damp squib, quandary exists, ascension is only useful if you have champed 4's which very few of us have, q&a is too selective. I lost my job as community manager.
    I also can't understand why ppl live by mpq time slices when they are already top of the game in both senses of the word.
    Maybe I'm just getting old and miserable but this forum can also drag me down as I see all the pointless arguments about something that really doesn't need us to be each others throats because we don't always agree.

I disagree with all of this wholeheartedly, and also retroactively disagree with every other post you've ever made, as well as proactively disagreeing with any future post. Now let's fight about it!

Well well well if it ain't entrailbucket throwing his ( considerable) weight around.
    Did someone drop you on your head when you were a baby? No? ****ing should of.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Pair of Tinykitty Corners.

As someone who claims to have had a bucket of entrails dropped on their head when they were a baby I'm hypothetically entitled to feel very offended by that. Also triggered.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Well well well if it ain't entrailbucket throwing his ( considerable) weight around.

I can't decide whether being insulted in British is more offensive or less offensive than being insulted in American.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@entrailbucket said:

I can't decide whether being insulted in British is more offensive or less offensive than being insulted in American.

Less offensive, its said with affection x

• will7612
    will7612 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options

hahahahaha, you both have made this forum laughable at least!!!!😎😂

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@entrailbucket said:

Less offensive, its said with affection x

Objectively less offensive, just add a "mate" at the end!