Did 3* Fist get a Danver5 nerf?

ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
One of my alliance mates asked if Fist got nerfed, but I can’t tell. His character thread says he made 9 black at launch forever ago on his purple, but I didn’t want to wade through 30 pages to see if the change to only making 7 was recent or old. Anybody know for sure?

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Looks like it changed at some point post the original release announcement:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/24256/iron-fist-immortal-weapon/p1
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It has always been 7 at 5 covers for me. I played in late 2017. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was changed a week after his release.  This was during a time when players expected relative balance, and Iron Fist, at release, was way way too good.  They also did balancing updates pretty regularly back then.

The change was basically totally uncontroversial.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Thanks!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Yeah, he was nerfed almost immediately upon release and has been converting 7 tiles since 2014 or so.
    As I recall, the community response was basically: "yeah. That makes sense, he was way OP as released." And it's not like he is bad now.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I don’t think he is bad, i was just doing a little research for an alliance mate who asked about a nerf today. I haven’t used him in forever and he felt the same to me, but thought I’d ask.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    This is why Echo's power seemed so strong, since it does convert 9 tiles.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aweberman said:
    This is why Echo's power seemed so strong, since it does convert 9 tiles.

I think I would prefer 5ap for 7 tiles over 7-for-9. Like zombies, it's always best practice to double-tap those tile conversion powers for best results, and 10ap is a whole lot easier to collect than 14.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Update on the mystery request - they got back to me saying they were seeing the power cost 8ap in Best Offense, which makes me think that they were up against some Peggys or Shuris pumping the cost up on them. The event is gone, so I can't see the boost list anymore to confirm if that would have been more likely than usual or not.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    The boosted were the 4 from the show (Luke, Danny, DD, JJ) and Misty Knight and Hellcat. Peggy and Shuri were not in this weeks boost list. I guess they could still have come up against Peggy or Shuri anyway.
    Edit: Sorry Misty - you were in the show too!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Monica can increase ap cost too.
  • DAZ0273
    I have never seen Monica in PvP since her release one so that would have been interesting.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    I have never seen Monica in PvP since her release one so that would have been interesting.
    Maybe it was your mmr? I faced a few Monicas for my first time ever in that offensive pvp.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    Maybe it was your mmr? I faced a few Monicas for my first time ever in that offensive pvp.

Could well have been - a boosted Adam Warlock is probably skewing things a tad bit.
    Now I want Monica to be boosted because it sounds like I am afraid of facing her but I'm not! OK, her face is a bit strange when she does her running screaming at you SWORD thing. Maybe I don't want her boosted unless I turn off animations.