Monthly fee for a better setup??

13»

Comments

• Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    There have been a lot of good ideas added to my initial idea. While I understand the reluctance to add a sub plan, I do think it may be the only way we ultimately receive what we want.

I do believe most of what we want can be added without a sub plan. However, the runners seem reticent to do so without the proper motivation. ( money I assume)

I firmly believe that most of the current issues are because this is a CCG masquerading as a phone app. Instead of the cards creating the environment here match game portion does that. Even so the card aspect still needs to be managed as a CCG.

There have been a lot of issues with scaling and I think the way to fix that is to set difficulties at a certain level and make the AI smarter after certain levels. For instance, if the AI beyond lvl 100 is allowed to make 5 matches and specifically target your tiles then the increased in challenge is achieved. Scaling becomes unnecessary and rosters will actually feel like they are getting better instead of the ever moving mountain you cannot reach.

I think adding repeatability to the prologue with additional higher level prologues with obviously higher ISO amounts and a few covers sprinkled in could solve everyone's problems.

This could be timed locked. Once you start you would have say 48 hrs to complete it and then it resets 8 hrs after you complete it. You could average 3 clears a week and if it were worth about 20 k per clear that ends up being 240k additional a month. (This isn't to say that all ISO needs an increase because it does but they could keep it modest and make this the cash cow of ISO) This is just a rough idea I'm tossing out.

I'm sure someone will remark about how long time wise this could take. My solution is a few high value nodes with the ISO and difficulty scaled based on roster. The scaling and ISO change as your roster gets better until you reach the maximum point where you have many 4-5s. By the way, it wouldn't keep scaling as the level is set once you enter stays that way and you play the nodes once like DDQ.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd pay if they would retroactively give me 10% 5*s for all of the LTs I've opened so far... I figure they owe me at least a dozen or two by now.
  • Breadsticks
    Resurrection since they added a VIP and I'm wondering what people think of it now.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I did VIP for a while when I was a transitioning 4-star player.  It was pretty valuable at that time. Now that I have half of the 5 stars championed, it isn't as useful to me, and I haven't done it in a few years. VIP suffers from the same thing as so many reward structures in this game. It doesn't scale well as your roster progresses, and somehow rewards need to tied into your shield rank (roster progress). The way it's currently structured, a 2-star roster receives the same "rewards" as a 5-star roster. Interestingly, if you look at the ? on the shield rank page, it indicates that "Over time, we'll be adding new features to the game that will unlock with higher SHIELD rank".  Cool idea, but I don't recall seeing anything new since shield rank was introduced.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 979 Critical Contributor
    I get enough enjoyment from MPQ to toss $10 their way per month. The game is pretty much my fidget spinner.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is just VIP rewards.if you suddenly made this game mandatory monthly pay 3/4 of the player base would leave.  This is a mobile match 3 game.  D3 has figure out a good revenue stream with new character releases, VIP, special offers, to keep the game running smoothly.
  • Breadsticks
    edited November 2021
    Agreed. There needs to be some scaling as it's nowhere near as helpful to me as it was just before I stopped playing. The continuing issue is Iso and it just makes no sense that they haven't done an increase since they did with daily supply amount. Yeah, where are those shield level perks eh??? Lol

Zalasta said:
    I did VIP for a while when I was a transitioning 4-star player.  It was pretty valuable at that time. Now that I have half of the 5 stars championed, it isn't as useful to me, and I haven't done it in a few years. VIP suffers from the same thing as so many reward structures in this game. It doesn't scale well as your roster progresses, and somehow rewards need to tied into your shield rank (roster progress). The way it's currently structured, a 2-star roster receives the same "rewards" as a 5-star roster. Interestingly, if you look at the ? on the shield rank page, it indicates that "Over time, we'll be adding new features to the game that will unlock with higher SHIELD rank".  Cool idea, but I don't recall seeing anything new since shield rank was introduced.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holy Zombie thread!
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    VIP is $10 for 2 LTs, which is about the best offer they ever give.  If you're going to spend any money on the game at all that's the most efficient way to spend it.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 979 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Holy Zombie thread!
    Surely you mean Zuvembie?