Monthly fee for a better setup??

Options
Breadsticks
Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
There are many valid complaints that I've seen from this gaming community. Some are easy fixes and some could take a while redesign of the game.

That being said, I was wondering if players would be willing to pay a monthly fee of somewhere between $2.99-3.99. The fee would ensure a steady revenue stream for the game. With this membership fee we could be given unlimited roster slots, up to 15 health pack regens only taking 20 min, and a guaranteed ISO gift of 2k a week.

This is obviously just a preliminary idea and just something I thought could help the player base while keeping the devs from feeling like we're getting something for nothing.

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not in favor of a subscription to mpq.
    That list of benefits seems lofty as well.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd pay $2.99 a month for double iso.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is obviously just a preliminary idea and just something I thought could help the player base while keeping the devs from feeling like we're getting something for nothing.

Certainly interesting. It's almost strange we haven't seen or heard anything about a VIP system like this yet.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I'm not necessarily opposed to a subscription, something about that one doesn't seem to click. A few extra health packs in the pool, and a bit of reduction in recharge time seem good. 2k ISO a week, meh. You get 3.5k plus tacos every day. An extra weekly 2k isn't compelling.

And the roster slots, while interesting, begs a number of questions. What about the 90 slots I've bought already? Is that just a sunk cost? What happens if your cancel your subscription?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd be interested if it really helped, but I'm with dragon, if it didn't give a significant advantage in iso, there isn't much else in the game that will advance my roster much. other than 5* covers, and those probably won't even be considered for a low subscription fee like that, not much else will benefit me enough to spend.

really, just double iso and a slumpbuster automatic 5* after your 20th consecutive non-5* and I'd probably pay more than you've proposed. those 2 things for mid-late 4* transition and higher would drastically improve our experience.
  • The Smoking Ace
    The Smoking Ace Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    At the rate this game is going I wouldn't mind seeing it go in the direction of DCUO far as a membership monthly fee goes. Higher the tier you pay the more perks. I'd think for just a year alone could entitle you to legendary token but only for a 5 star character. Like if you are a member then the screen for the 5 star would be visiable to you and you could turn it in that way. For each month you pay you could get a new 5 star token.

Just one idea...
  • Breadsticks
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:
    I'm not in favor of a subscription to mpq.
    That list of benefits seems lofty as well.

With how stingy certain things are currently, you would have to negotiate high so that your low is at least somewhat reasonable.

I don't think a measly 2k iso a week, faster health pack regens, and roster slots breaks the game especially for that price.

It eliminates the problem of expiring covers, would give an ISO increase to everyone and allow for increased play. Potentially, it could be tiered staying at 1.99 going up to 4.99 for max benefits.

Maybe at 1.99 you get more health packs with faster regen. At 2.99 you get all the previous with 1k ISO a week. At 3.99 you get 2k ISO and everything else. At 4.99 you get unlimited roster slots and 3k a week in ISO with everything else.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rather than it being unlimited or causing issues if you stopped subbing, just make it one free roster slot a month instead.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    only way they would make it a pay per month if there was paid PVP/PVE only those who pay can enter... any other way it would not work. Give people free slots people will **** and leave (i know i would)
  • Breadsticks
    Options
    A tiered system takes care of the place in which you may be with your roster.

Tier 1 beginners could get 300 ISO a week, tier 2 could be 500 ISO a week, with tier 3 going up to 1500 ISO a week, tier 4 being 5k ISO a week and tier 5 being somewhere between 12-20k a week.

There still needs to be some other benefits with the ISO.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I wonder how people would feel about a something of a compromise of what's been listed. Premium accounts could have an additional daily resupply; in essence you'd be paying for X days worth of extra drops. More ISO, HP, CP, and covers potentially. Could be tempting depending on the numbers.
  • Breadsticks
    Options
    People **** now and are threatening to quit regardless. If people are foolish enough to leave because of something that benefits everyone then they didn't plan on staying anyway.

Expiring covers is a real problem that shouldn't exist and neither should roster limitations. For clash royale your slots are limited to the number of cards currently in the game and new cards are automatically rostered. This is how it should be. Your money or time should only be expended on placing in a tourney or the acquisition of new characters.
  • Breadsticks
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This is what I'm trying to drive home. Maybe the numbers sect what wet believe they are are the devs and publisher don't have the invective to give us more.

Maybe the game has hit the point of diminishing returns and unless another revenue stream is devised they can't reasonably provide more.

Regardless, if it is or isn't if a monthly sub tier went no higher than say 6.99 a month I think a significant number of players would be onboard. Paying more than netflix would be unreasonable.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won't pay a monthly fee to play the game. I have things I'm unhappy with but nothing that prevents me with playing currently, nothing where I'd need that stuff. Roster slots haven't been a problem for me for over a year now....
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    Options
    People **** now and are threatening to quit regardless. If people are foolish enough to leave because of something that benefits everyone then they didn't plan on staying anyway.

Expiring covers is a real problem that shouldn't exist and neither should roster limitations. For clash royale your slots are limited to the number of cards currently in the game and new cards are automatically rostered. This is how it should be. Your money or time should only be expended on placing in a tourney or the acquisition of new characters.

so i played for the last 18 months and saved all my HP to buy slots and now People get Unlimited slots for free what i spent over 100,000 HP on.

Okay then i demand all free 5 star covers

if they ever did something (what they never will)

i could see FREE SKIPPING on pvp events
  • rollx
    rollx Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    I think it would be a great incentive to buy a certain tier of iso/hp and get a timed double iso bonus. Like buy the 1.99 iso/hp and get an hour of double iso. 4.99 get 12 hours 19.99 get a week of double iso. 49.99 get a month of double iso. 99.99 get 3 months of double iso. Or something to that nature.
  • Breadsticks
    Options
    Nothing will satisfy everyone and there will be some things that people don't need. I for instance need ddq while others are so advanced that it's irrelevant. When you get down to it we need a solution that gives more ISO to everyone, eliminates expiring covers, allows for more in depth play across different star levels, and brings more replayability with scaling issues fixed.
  • Breadsticks
    Options
    I'm currently on 70 slots and have spent a significant amount of money to get them. I'd still rather have all my slots going forward be free. So maybe they don't charge for the unlimited slots and just give those to us. That should be in existence anyway.

Things evolve and you can't get upset just because the game is moving forward. How many people spent money to obtain strong 3*rosters to have them invalidated by 4*??

It happens but this evolution could fix much of that damage.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    only way they would make it a pay per month if there was paid PVP/PVE only those who pay can enter... any other way it would not work. Give people free slots people will **** and leave (i know i would)

Please for the love of Stan Lee no...

We already have a semi pay to win game you want to add pay to play as well?

I'll definitely quit if that's the case much as I love the game id quit on principle.

If they change to a pay to play system then the in-game currency should disappear. I'm not paying twice just to participate
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's an interesting idea but no way it can be anywhere as good as the OP proposes. Take in account that currently, $5 gets you 600 HP (6/10ths of a roster slot) OR 3200 Iso. Why would they give you much more for $3 a month when they potentially can make you spend several times that much, several times per month? Then you have the problem that you can't normalise the amounts: Give 1k HP to a veteran, they get a roster slot, give it to a novice, they get 5. 5k Iso gives the former a level or two to one of his higher levelled 4*s, while it gives the latter 10 or more levels to their 2*s. The relative progression acceleration afforded to the latter would be unfair for the former. And you cannot offer different rewards for different people based on roster. Not only novices would protest for paying the same amount for less... have you seen how well scaling has worked when using roster level to set a number?

IF daily rewards were set to increase with time (other than the quality of the covers and the amount of CP) there could be made a case in which a VIP subscription would double the daily rewards so everybody paying would get the same kind of acceleration. But as it is, we're still getting the same amount of HP that new players get and only 3 times as much Iso... and that's for the set rewards. The random rewards are exactly the same and that is really not ok.