tonypq said:
    Gamora will be in LLs by Tuesday ?
    15 Nov. She'll replace Wednesday.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    tonypq said:
    I was initially confused, but I see what you did there...
  • Wcheet
    Wcheet Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    tonypq said:
    just to be clear as im hoarding tokens for SC, its Odin next out of the LL store right?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    so did we decide Gamora is good actually or what? I've come up against a few in PVP since she was available, and had no trouble at all against her even with the god boost, so I remain unimpressed, but figured it was worth asking if I was doing it wrong probably. Wouldn't be the first time.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her yellow is great for pvp. Bring her as a team up for steelwitch fights.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's way better as a team up than as an actual character.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is a correct character but she can pair up effectively with really few meta characters as she shares colors with the most meta ones.
    She will be funny for pve, and ikaris can help her with her black trap.
    Finally her powers are oriented to a not fast play.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's a counter to the current defensive meta. If you don't have the right team to deal with them, she's a good one. Or if you like to have one more option, she will be great.

In shield sim, the defensive meta I see, based on my MMR, are largely Colossus/Wanda/Apocalypse and BRB/Kitty/Polaris. I would probably run Gamora with

Thor + Colossus/Wanda
    Colossus + Valkyrie

against them.

I might give Ultron a spin and see how he goes.

• HoundofShadow
    The dev talked about the design of Gamora (thanks to OP in reddit):

https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/designing-gamora-marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy-marvel-puzzle-quest-interview

So, they didn't mention anything about countering meta. But they were more on the fun aspect.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    They did finally suggest using other 5* characters with this 5* release instead of 1* or 2* partners as they have done in past design discussions.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    If she can counter 5 star Switch, I'm in
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m HIGHLY interested in using her as an alternative to my Odin/Ghostpool/Heimdall team that combats Scarlett Steel/Apoc. I think if you surround her with a duo that protects her and her repeaters, she’ll be good to go. 

We’re off PVP though so I can’t really test yet. My Gamora is also at 3/3/5. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'm leaning towards "good actually" after rostering this single yellow cover and running her in the Wanda pvp with Boosted Colossus.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited November 2021
    I'm going to put Colossus, Valkyrie and Gamora in shield sim against Colossus/Wanda/Apocalypse next time. Strongest colour is yellow. If I could make a yellow match-3 at the start of the game, i will be able to fire Gamora's yellow repeater on the next turn. After that, it's bulldozing them.

Even though Valkyrie will fight with Gamora over yellow tiles, I think it's fine as long as you have two of her repeaters out. Valkyrie will also make sure that Apocalypse never fires his yellow.
  • entrailbucket
    I'm leaning towards "good actually" after rostering this single yellow cover and running her in the Wanda pvp with Boosted Colossus.
    Is the character Gamora good, or is her yellow power good?  Remember, we can get that as a TU, so you can bring the effect without bringing her.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Is the character Gamora good, or is her yellow power good?  Remember, we can get that as a TU, so you can bring the effect without bringing her.
    Hard to know for sure when you have one that only has a single yellow cover, and you are in the event that couldn't be designed more completely to showcase how useful that power is.
  • entrailbucket
    Hard to know for sure when you have one that only has a single yellow cover, and you are in the event that couldn't be designed more completely to showcase how useful that power is.

Good point!  Maybe someone who has her championed could weigh in on the rest of her powers?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I"m not sure we'll know until Simulator comes back and we see her without the boost if people are using her for anything. I still think her base attack numbers are weak, and her black is better against goons than tile movers. But you know, plenty of characters show up to fights because they have that one thing they do.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Guess next week when Wanda is boosted and she isn’t will give us an indication maybe. I’m curious how that power interacts with Panther’s move or be moved?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    So I took my boosted lvl 435 Gamora 4/3/5 and teamed her with half thor/Heimdall in the Women of Marvel pvp. Ran into a Wanda/Okoye/Electro team. 

After putting Pulse Disruption on the field, I tried Thor’s AOE and then Gamora’s red. Wanda’s Mystikal Feedback didn’t knock the damage down but Electro’s team damage passive did.