You've Found An Entrance

What was everyone's path? Here's mine:

Gather Your Party - Roll 5 or fewer dice

Find Your Hirer In A Crowd - Summon 3+ with trample
Equipment Room - Convert 25+ gems
Skeletal Swarming - Cast 3+ humans
Summoning Vecna - Destroy a god
Song of the Bard - Cast 1+ multicolor spell, and 3+ creatures of 4 or more power
END

Comments

• Barnabes
    Barnabes Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Did they revamp dragon’s nest? Last time I managed to beat it with a half-baked deck mastering new cards, this time I had to put every last exile spell I have to try to deal with an endless swarm of hasty dragons that get upgraded into legendary versions if you kill them. That’s just ridiculous, and incredibly unpleasant for any newer player that runs into it. 
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    This week has been cascade-a-plenty for me, so perhaps you got hit with an ridiculous amount of mana? 

Last time I had to use exile spell also after a few tries with a half-baked deck, so could be random.
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Barnabes said:
    Did they revamp dragon’s nest? Last time I managed to beat it with a half-baked deck mastering new cards, this time I had to put every last exile spell I have to try to deal with an endless swarm of hasty dragons that get upgraded into legendary versions if you kill them. That’s just ridiculous, and incredibly unpleasant for any newer player that runs into it. 

Nope, that that I could tell - usually you need to have a lot of exile spells as well as plenty of disables.  Then there's the cast 4 creatures with flying problem...

I've actually managed to literally brute force it and outrace the nest with dragons of my own... requires a good starting hand though and plenty of lifelink though!
  • gillkonam
    gillkonam Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Dragons Nest was pathetic. There is hard and there is impossible. If you have a challenge that prevents advancement, and requires one set of extreme cards to win, something only whales have a chance of having, and I am a whale btw, you have not a challenge, but a dispiriting labor that ultimately makes it not a game, but something completely unfun, the point of a game. Need to nerf it. Its up there with that life gain objective that nails you for a ton of damage. At least that has multiple wins. This, that only exiles work and a ridiculous opponent, it was like it was created by a monkey on a typewriter scenario. Did they play test this at all? 
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I have to completely disagree with the previous post. I won the match against Dragons Nest easily with a deck that only had one Mythic and it was Hixus, Prison Warden. Since it is an Origins Mythic it should be easier to obtain. All the other 9 cards were commons, uncommons and rares. So no need to be a whale or extreme cards to win. It is clearly the most difficult fight from the event but not an impossible one. And you can easily avoid it depending on the objectives you accomplish on all other previous matches.
  • Wilvialo
    Wilvialo Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    In the first event i considered it impossible. 

So i got some tips here (Karn as PW, artefact with reach) and othes strategies i'd already developed, as exile, disable and lifelink and it become easy.

However, i didnt get a Tiamat. Why?
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    The question is, why would you get Tiamat? That dragon wasn't an event reward. It is a exclusive card that you can only get from real money. It will eventually be able to craft when the next set arrives and there will also be an alt art version of it in FBLTHP'S Findings eventually
  • Wilvialo
    Wilvialo Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    The question is, why would you get Tiamat? That dragon wasn't an event reward. It is a exclusive card that you can only get from real money. It will eventually be able to craft when the next set arrives and there will also be an alt art version of it in FBLTHP'S Findings eventually
    I Tought that it was a reward from the first event. Wasn't it??

This time I really didn't see Tiamat as a reward anywhere. Just hoping for some bug lol.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wilvialo said:
    I Tought that it was a reward from the first event. Wasn't it??

This time I really didn't see Tiamat as a reward anywhere. Just hoping for some bug lol.
    Tiamat was a paid card. You can check the rewards for an event before you join by clicking your tier in game, or on the event page here on the forum. 

• Enigma
    Enigma Posts: 52 Match Maker
    critman said:
    Don't do things until you get to the Pit Trap; don't roll 6 or more dice, don't summon 3 or more creatures with trample, don't complete 2 or more dungeons.

Then summon 7 or more creatures at the Pit Trap, and that way you avoid Dragon's Nest.

I followed this recommended path and it worked for me!  I was so frustrated about Dragons Nest last time, and so thankful I didn't have to deal with it this go.  Cheers @critman
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    I like tough challenges, however not the Dragon's Nest way. I like to encounter strong cards, or new combos which make strong moves. This is the respectful way of making things challenging.

Here it's just "hey, let's put some artificial supports so that the player has 4-5 rounds to deal with the situation, otherwise (s)he loses". This feels lazy.

Also, since 2020, it really feels the devs have been making the games longer and longer. This is what happened with Zendikar Expeditions compared to Rising Tensions (and it's why I don't play ZE any longer), and same here - to get all rewards, you need to play 10+ games. Thankfully, the top reward is useless, however it still takes ~10 games to get all jewels (score 80).
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    All you need to do is  build with 3 things in mind for dragons nest:
    Exile - you only want to exile not destroy the dragons rise of extus is good

Fliers - get your own dragons in play, or anything else that hits like a ton of bricks

Tempo - use what ever you can to cheat your stuff out: a mox, dragon orb, turntimber etc

This is easily won with the right build
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    I used to do exile, but recently I found Tamiyo + blockers (e.g. Hixus) to be more effective.

PS. It's not about "easy or not" cause veteran players will fing this easy anyway. It's about how to make good challenges.
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2021
    Best way to solve this are cheap flying blockers or creatures with reach and Rem Karolus to make them prevent damage plus one disabling support for the first slot. Hixus may work, but has a big chance to be destroyed. You need some lands for faster mana gain also.
    You need lifelink too (for example Rune of Sustenance will do perfectly).
    Best lands are Deserted Beach, Haunting Ridge, Overgrown Farmland, Rockfall Vale and/or Shipwreck March because of "All cards in your hand gain 5 mana". This ability is very likely to trigger when you cast the land.
    A deck build this way runs with commons, uncommons und rares, effordable.
    Any comments?