***** Gamora (Deadliest Woman) *****

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like I was right to bust for electro odin and shang chi
    None of them are that useful but watching videos of people ripping through Wanda Coll and apoc teams with gamora. Making use of that yellow and taking no real damage, well I disagree. She’s not in any way meta but she will stop me skipping those sim teams like I no longer skip gritty teams since morbious came out.

As much as I’m sick of hoarding and almost did the same, I think you went too early.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Tony_Foot said:
    She’s worth it just for the TU ability for 7ap. 
    I think this is an underrated observation. As long as someone in your alliance has her you can request her best power as a TU. Which means you don’t have to have Gamora conflict with your winfinite with Shang-Chi. Suck on that Colossus and Wanda. Sorry Kitty and BRB, You don’t get another turn.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's the probability of getting her yellow power as teamup? 1:2 or 1:3?
  • Sekilicious
    So far that is all I have been offered in her PvP. But small sample and all that.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm, it depends on which of her powers are considered "valid" for TU...    Red should be, black might not since it requires Gamora herself for the final blow and apparently yellow is.

Might be a great TU but remember its unfortified, easy to lose it.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's quite strange that TU can be offered as it's gamora the one who makes people to be stunned and losing their damage reduction. 
    I.e: BRB cotw can be used but BRB doesn't being there protect tiles don't appear.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't try to understand the logic behind team-ups, I truly think there isnt much.

Its probably more "Does this mechanic break the game if sent as a TU?" that decides what's valid or not.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Possibly it will just deal the damage and nothing more.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Tony_Foot said:
    Looks like I was right to bust for electro odin and shang chi
    None of them are that useful but watching videos of people ripping through Wanda Coll and apoc teams with gamora. Making use of that yellow and taking no real damage, well I disagree. She’s not in any way meta but she will stop me skipping those sim teams like I no longer skip gritty teams since morbious came out.

As much as I’m sick of hoarding and almost did the same, I think you went too early.
    Fair enough, I rip through those teams anyway with shang chi. 
    And I'll have enough pulls to put a few levels on him before he leaves
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2021
    Played her PVP with BRB/Polaris and tried to get her black off with no luck after 5 matches.  Can cast it, get it up to 10, but there is no way to get the target to be alive and fire a power.  Maybe SCL 10 green nodes will have better luck....

Edit: finally got one off, but i had to try real hard.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    So far that is all I have been offered in her PvP. But small sample and all that.

I have got 6 yellow on my account and my daughter has got 2 yellow on her account. So thats 8-0-0 in favor of yellow.
    Anybody else got another color?
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Bad said:
    It's quite strange that TU can be offered as it's gamora the one who makes people to be stunned and losing their damage reduction. 
    I.e: BRB cotw can be used but BRB doesn't being there protect tiles don't appear.

My thoughts exactly. This is the type of power that seemingly most characters aren't allowed to send as a TU.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor

I have got 6 yellow on my account and my daughter has got 2 yellow on her account. So thats 8-0-0 in favor of yellow.
    I also got a yellow.
  • Sekilicious
    Akoni said:

I also got a yellow.
    Still nothing but yellow here. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I cleared 90% of my teamup and all I got was her yellow. 3 in total.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    You don't need the others tbh. You're probably only bringing her for the yellow.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,806 Chairperson of the Boards
    If we can have her yellow as a team up, why would anyone ever bring the actual Gamora to a fight?

Just bring Hulk + booster + Gamora teamup and you're all set.
  • mpiter
    mpiter Posts: 77 Match Maker
    If we can have her yellow as a team up, why would anyone ever bring the actual Gamora to a fight?

Because you will not have enough Gamora teamups to shield hop? Specially with a non-fortified repeater.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,806 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpiter said:

Because you will not have enough Gamora teamups to shield hop? Specially with a non-fortified repeater. 
    A player would just need to roster a one-yellow-cover Gamora to be able to send that teamup to anyone in their alliance.  The power shuts off damage reduction at one cover, so you wouldn't have to add more covers or put any resources into her.

Recruiting a duplicate 5* just to send teamups seems like something nobody would do, and to be clear, I don't know if anyone will actually do it. 

But a certain group of players are very interested in optimizing things, and have done things like this in the past to get an edge.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2021
    Gamora will be in LLs by Tuesday ?