***** Gamora (Deadliest Woman) *****

Comments

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    As far as teammates go, I think Scarlet Witch is her best partner in match two. I never paid attention to SW's purple before, it boosts damage based on how many of the chosen color you have, reading is fundamental! In choose three, I think cable isn't terrible cause he can fortify her yellow repeater with just a yellow match. Thor/Okoye works decent as well.

@Thanos For a long time, I thought W5nda only boosted the ap colour you chose as the pink target. But no, it increases ALL ally power damage by the excess ap you have at time of firing.  

Managed to get a huge IMHB red firing when it was at 30 red and he was boosted. Damage was huge!  

Use her with Ic5man and another annoying character and you can potentially get loads of blue stuns, or boosted green repeaters. It's even better if you use her colour on a passive one.  

At the moment I am using her with IMHB and shangchi. Mostly pick red because pink isn't as reliable for stacking the combo points.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Thanos said:
     I know a lot of people want Shang-Chi, myself included, is one bad, one mediocre and one great 5* worth busting your hoard for? I'm really not sure, gonna have to wait and see what the next 5* has to offer.

I feel exactly the same way. Plus the time it takes some of us to build a reasonable hoard, to be stuck having to waste resources on a couple 5s that will never be used unless boosted is tough. As much as I'd also like Shang, I don't think I want him bad enough to be forced to also spend on the other 5s in LLs now and when Gamora rotates in. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Why have you left Black as it  devs, why Devs, WHY? It is useless that way! We told you it was useless. It is obvious it was useless.

Devs are really soacking the enjoyment I have of the game with these new releases. And to make things worse now if you want Shang Chi you need to get two lame chars, there is no way around it. 
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    I don't think introducing events are ever that great to judge how good new 5's are although they at least stuck Lizard in this time so players could see the yellow in effect. Maybe we will get a wave node that might show off her red.
    I concur.  My point is that they should be.  It should be a marketing event to get players excited about the character.  I think they focus more on the comic tie in than the synergy or counter aspect relative to the game which would help players understand the value the character brings to the game.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    She is a 5,3,5 for me after playing her.  I tried multiple times to get her black CD to actually fire and get bonus damage and have not been able to do it.  Black while creative on paper is bad in practice.

her red feels like it will be better in wave nodes, unfortunately I would still rather just bring Apocalypse and fire his red for 7AP.  Her yellow will be her best power and will be decent against certain characters.

overrall a good creative effort, but poor quality in execution.  Hopefully she will go to the rebalance list quickly.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    After a bit using her I think her black should return some AP (maybe 2) if it counts down to 0, or potentially create a strike or attack tile or something.
  • Polares
    OMG black is even more useless than I thought! Managed to get it to 10+, targeted Lizard, he fired one attack but he stunned me, so the power did not fire! Then Superskrull fired a power, and as he is not the target, the power also didn’t fire! This power is so stupidly convoluted… and just for a bit of extra damage, it doesn’t even down the target…

5/3/5 FOR SURE
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you just need to treat her black power as "do x damage for 6ap" and ignore the countdown tile completely. 

The rate on it isn't awful for 6ap, at least compared to the normal 5*.  If you compare it to the good 5*...well, don't compare anyone to the good 5*.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    heybub said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I don't think introducing events are ever that great to judge how good new 5's are although they at least stuck Lizard in this time so players could see the yellow in effect. Maybe we will get a wave node that might show off her red.
    I concur.  My point is that they should be.  It should be a marketing event to get players excited about the character.  I think they focus more on the comic tie in than the synergy or counter aspect relative to the game which would help players understand the value the character brings to the game.

And they could easily do both.
    Every one of these should have at least one node where you get to pick your teammates and go up against a wave. That way you can go through the powers, try out teams and just overall get a better feel for the character.
    Then you can still tell a story with the rest of the nodes.
    Another thing I don't understand is giving us a 5* character and then the loaner is a level 200?
  • Polares
    I think you just need to treat her black power as "do x damage for 6ap" and ignore the countdown tile completely. 

The rate on it isn't awful for 6ap, at least compared to the normal 5*.  If you compare it to the good 5*...well, don't compare anyone to the good 5*.
    You are probably right, but that is exactly what you don’t want in a power. We want reliable powers, powers we can predict and we know when we will be able to trigger them (mostly). So yeah, definitely not great :(
  • entrailbucket
    Polares said:

You are probably right, but that is exactly what you don’t want in a power. We want reliable powers, powers we can predict and we know when we will be able to trigger them (mostly). So yeah, definitely not great :(
    Oh, you can predict it! 

It'll predictably do 10,000 damage or whatever for 6ap, every time you cast it, and the countdown tile will reliably do nothing at all, ever. 

It's about half as good as Colossus black, assuming Colossus is in front when you cast it (he is).
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Polares said:

Oh, you can predict it! 

It'll predictably do 10,000 damage or whatever for 6ap, every time you cast it, and the countdown tile will reliably do nothing at all, ever. 

It's about half as good as Colossus black, assuming Colossus is in front when you cast it (he is).

Electro's black at 8 AP does 20k outright and then another 18k if the TU tile stip is met.
    On a serious note. What odds would you say that countdown tile has of going off? You have to get it up to 10 (it goes down 1 each round on its own) which normally should take several turns. It can get matched away or destroyed. Once you get to 10 then the character you cast it on has to fire a power before it gets matched away or destroyed.
    I say 5-10%?
  • mpiter
    mpiter Posts: 77 Match Maker
    shardwick said:
    I just think it's a bit silly to knock Gamora on her health when she has more health at 450 than almost all of the 5* characters in the game at the same level.

Most 5* meta characters have a mechanic to compensate their relative low health: cheap true healing (Okoye), speed to destroy (Kitty with a good partner), lots of protect tiles (BRB + Polaris), or damage reducer (Wanda).  Without such a mechanic, I do not think that the extra HP of Gamora in comparison to the average 5* will allow her to sustain as long as the aforementioned characters.  That is why I think she is fragile and she might cost a lot of health packs in comparison to the current meta.
    And depending on your Okoye's level Odin would probably tank all colors over Okoye except for black.
    I plan to use an under-leveled Odin to let Okoye (level 450) tanks her colors, exactly like under-leveled half-Thor. I just want a meat bag to take a few hit to let Okoye survive a little bit longer in the PVE 10 challenging node.  No needs to champion him.
    If Gamora's yellow is as good as I think it will end up being then yeah it'll be big against Wanda or BRB teams.
    She looks more efficient than I thought according to videos. You must be right.
  • entrailbucket
    Polares said:

Oh, you can predict it! 

Electro's black at 8 AP does 20k outright and then another 18k if the TU tile stip is met.
    On a serious note. What odds would you say that countdown tile has of going off? You have to get it up to 10 (it goes down 1 each round on its own) which normally should take several turns. It can get matched away or destroyed. Once you get to 10 then the character you cast it on has to fire a power before it gets matched away or destroyed.
    I say 5-10%?
    In PvP?  0%.  I cannot imagine *ever* seeing it go off against any of the teams I'd use her against.

In PvE there's a higher chance since goons spam so many powers, but you'd only use her to mitigate damage reduction.  I guess the rock guys make protect tiles?
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Looks like I was right to bust for electro odin and shang chi
  • Neko
    Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
    Hi All!

Just a heads up, there's been some minor changes in the Slash and Burn Legendary store release date. Dates have been changed from Oct 21-26 to Oct 28-Nov 2.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    @Neko Can we get a buff for Gamora before her CP release?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    I think the dev was pairing her with meta team of Wanda/Thor in a pick-3 against Wanda/Apocalypse/Colossus. 

By the time Apocalypse was the last man standing, he would have gathered 7 yellow and 7 red ap and Gamora's cd was at more than 10 counts. Apocalypse fired his yellow but got downed by her cd before he could fire red. 

That's why her black works.  :D

5/3/5 for pick-2 and 5/5/3 for pick-3.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpiter said:
    Most 5* meta characters have a mechanic to compensate their relative low health: cheap true healing (Okoye), speed to destroy (Kitty with a good partner), lots of protect tiles (BRB + Polaris), or damage reducer (Wanda).  Without such a mechanic, I do not think that the extra HP of Gamora in comparison to the average 5* will allow her to sustain as long as the aforementioned characters.  That is why I think she is fragile and she might cost a lot of health packs in comparison to the current meta.
    Those meta 5* are classics. They don't have such mechanics for to compensate low health: almost all them had a good health when they were released.
    Such mechanics made them meta, and able to endure more or less the years passing.
    If gamora doesn't mess wanda reduction if she is her partner, they could make a good duo.
  • mpiter
    mpiter Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Bad said:
    mpiter said:
    Those meta 5* are classics. They don't have such mechanics for to compensate low health: almost all them had a good health when they were released.
    Such mechanics made them meta, and able to endure more or less the years passing.
    If gamora doesn't mess wanda reduction if she is her partner, they could make a good duo.
    Yes Bad. You are right. I had not thought about protecting her by Wanda. They seem to pair very well together.