Week 18 Boosted list Captain America (First Avenger), Green Goblin, Knull, Spider-Man (Back in Black

Options

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just Knull for me this week; I’m 10 sandmans and 120 shards away from Goblin so maybe a month and some change?
    Just 380 Sandman shards away from GG myself being champed, been working on him for about two months myself through Sandman covers.  
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would like a new scl11, and rebalances to old characters and new supports for helping to play the 750 level foes on scl11.
    However that means a lot of hard work and probably a 90% of players won't appreciate that new feature( about a new level to be more concrete).
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @entrailbucket Brings up a good point. Want to really kill Polaris and shut down the special tile meta?

Just Un-Nerf Gambit!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Un-nerfing Gambit would be interesting. I think he'd get stomped out pretty hard by some of today's passive killers, even with his big AP earning ways. his health is pretty low, and didn't they raise it as part of the nerf?

*edit* yeah, his health was raised because they slowed him down: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/73603/gambit-character-update-details-6-26-18/p1

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think he'd be playable in today's meta.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think my Knull will be over 200K this week , when he was boosted in PvE it was the easiest event I ever played. I’ll use him over my metas , he’s semi meta to me unboosted. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think my Knull will be over 200K this week , when he was boosted in PvE it was the easiest event I ever played. I’ll use him over my metas , he’s semi meta to me unboosted. 
    My Knull isn't even championed, and this was my experience.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’ve got 10 covers but only levelled him to 300 or so and I use him a lot in PvE to burn through the the first couple rounds before moving on to my beefier teams.

I might try tossing him out in PvP to see how he does. Not sure who to pair him up with in pick 2, either rocket or 5witch.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    My Knull isn't even championed, and this was my experience.

My Knull was about 238K during his last boost iirc. Champed and level 451ish. 
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    I don't get Knull at all.  When he was boosted in PvE, Rocket was boosted too, and that combo was pretty good and reasonably fast.

Without Rocket or another spammer, Knull is just super slow and frequently does nothing at all. 

He has a really high health pool, which might deter some people, but in this meta I don't know if anybody particularly cares. I frequently run 500,000-600,000 combined health and it doesn't seem to bother anyone.  Okoye/SW easily hits for 50,000+ passive, guaranteed, unpreventable damage per turn.

I think people only like him because they have him.  Everyone pulled for SW/Colossus/Knull, so he's really high level for a lot of people.  If you're comparing him to guys who are much lower level, he's going to look better than he actually is.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I feel the same - Knull is just a health sponge with modern match damage. I may try to run mine with Chavez and match damage my way through to see how that goes.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    I have noticed over the years that "meta" characters tend to be featured alongside other "meta" characters in the latest pool. 

When Gambit ruled the world, the most popular team was Gambit/Thor, which I always thought was weird.  Thor had his passive, but at that time his green wasn't great (relatively low damage, and boosters didn't exist), his yellow has always been bad, and his red was locked out by Gambit. 

People were using him at half health just to passively generate red for Gambit, who *already passively generated a ton of red.*

Why was he being used constantly then?  People had him!  He was in Latest with Gambit, so they pulled for Gambit and got Thor too.  Even though he wasn't the best possible teammate, he looked much better than he was because he was the character that everybody had, and they didn't have the better options.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I don't know, I only ever use Thor as a battery, I never use his red at all. As I understood it during the Gambit heyday, whoever fired off red first to create charged tiles for the opponent generally lost, right? So I imagine if you could earn red twice as fast and potentially fire it off twice in a row to get started that could have helped. 

Not to be disagreeable, just saying that Thor's primary utility is as a battery even now, so it's not quite as arbitrary as say Colossus/SWitch

• entrailbucket
    Options
    I don't know, I only ever use Thor as a battery, I never use his red at all. As I understood it during the Gambit heyday, whoever fired off red first to create charged tiles for the opponent generally lost, right? So I imagine if you could earn red twice as fast and potentially fire it off twice in a row to get started that could have helped. 

Not to be disagreeable, just saying that Thor's primary utility is as a battery even now, so it's not quite as arbitrary as say Colossus/SWitch

Maybe it's not the very best example (although there were better Gambit partners!), but my point was more "when all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    That's true, I recall GAm-bolt being a really popular option. I was a decidedly 3* player at that time so I never saw what was happening up that high in the ranks myself.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm still upset I was 1 cover away from fully covering him when they murdered him.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boosted Knull, Chavez, and Polaris is a pretty effective team with multiple synergies.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Boosted Knull, Chavez, and Polaris is a pretty effective team with multiple synergies.
    I’m having Chavez create criticals that Knull is matching with black for over 30K damage, so I think I’ll ignore the Knull haters this week . I could throw in another passive damage dealer like Switch as a third but the matches would be too fast to enjoy . Most battles are about 8 moves 
  • entrailbucket
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Every boosted 5* does critical damage that high.

Boosted 5* are really good, in general, compared to unboosted 5*!

Edit: I wasn't hating on *boosted* Knull up there.  Boosted Knull is going to be every bit as crazy as every other boosted 5* is, and he should be!  He'll be top 4 in the game during his week. 

I just don't see him as a top 4 type of character when he's not boosted.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Yes , because boosted Captain America is just terrifying 🤣