**** The Hydra Stomper (Steve Rogers) ****

123457»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    He doesn't have a stun, so I'm sure it's fine lol. 
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    I still think Stomper is useless for the most part. Must be the one tanking for his passive to work. Maybe with Coulson/Domino/Peggy etc but whatever. I'll go back to my Polaris synergy bread n' butter combos
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    He doesn't have a stun, so I'm sure it's fine lol. 
    Yeah, you need a 3 man team with a blue stunner who won't tank yellow or green.  Gamora would be the best, I think, but there might be others.  It goes infinite really easily with Gamora.  

Stomper might be the best 3rd for a Hawkeye-based stunlock team...you're just drowning in blue and red AP.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    You think he's better than Coulson for that? Coulson can shorten CDs if you collect Team Up and makes one every time somebody fires a power. I think Stomper is too "active" to actually be superior there if you're relying on Deadliest Woman to quick-kill big health enemies.
  • entrailbucket
    Between him and Coulson, Coulson is probably a little better, but it's not a landslide and I can see situations where you'd want Stomper.  Stomper can start the stunlock a little quicker and get them locked down a little more consistently without boosts, because he gives you CDs passively. 

Also, if the enemy's weakest color happens to be purple...
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:
    I cleared riri team comfortably with polaris. Thanks to his huge AP support.
    Apocalypse worked , I wish I had experimented with your idea though 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between him and Coulson, Coulson is probably a little better, but it's not a landslide and I can see situations where you'd want Stomper.  Stomper can start the stunlock a little quicker and get them locked down a little more consistently without boosts, because he gives you CDs passively. 

I’m missing something. How is Stompy tanking blue over Hawkeye? Or are you talking strictly PvE?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor

I’m missing something. How is Stompy tanking blue over Hawkeye? Or are you talking strictly PvE?
    I would imagine you're getting the blue from the countdowns resolving (from Hawkeye's passive).
  • entrailbucket

I would imagine you're getting the blue from the countdowns resolving (from Hawkeye's passive).
    This.  Whenever one of the yellow, green, OR black CDs go off (and Hawkeye fortifies them, so they'll go off) you get 3 blue and 2 red from Hawkeye's passive.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Agent Coulson and for some reason, the game seems to go into slow motion mode when the cd resolves and there are more than 5 friendly cds. Maybe it's due to me turning on animation?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    After playing his pvp, I can appreciate him not destroying friendly special tiles. Against opponents like Polaris with BRB and/or Kitty, those (hard to reach) (buffed) protect tiles will reduce your damage significantly. When the board is flooded with your friendly special tiles and a few of those over 10k strength enemy protec tiles, this is where Stompy's "targeted" green destruction helps. This is assuming you use BRB + Polaris against BRB/Kitty/Polaris.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    In his PvP I used Polaris and Valkyrie and had stun lock achieved in 5 to 6 turns even against 5* . ( Apoc/ Mutant being the only exception) Once  the pick 2 are locked you can take out HySto in 2 turns . 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    In his PvP I used Polaris and Valkyrie and had stun lock achieved in 5 to 6 turns even against 5* . ( Apoc/ Mutant being the only exception) Once  the pick 2 are locked you can take out HySto in 2 turns . 
    Nice. I have been using Vulture for Sabertooth/Medusa/Mantis retals but this sounds more reliable.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Had never used Valkyrie and Polaris before, lots of fun on this one, thanks for that one!